Have Know it all fans ruined HS basketball!

Onaroll

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong - I am not taking sides with fans - and placing blame on officials.  Both have an equal share in my mind.

I am concerned about scoreboard calls however.  I was at the Franklin Centennial tilt last friday night, and the officials were horrible - both ways.

What became apparent however, was that as the game was getting one sided on the scoreboard - ticky tack fouls were called on the team on the right side of the score.  The same foul occurring at the other end, and in a few cases near mugging, went uncalled.

As the game went on, the officials were calling things  - no one saw!  Both ways.

The game was too fast for these three, and before you knew it 48 fouls were called in the game!  This does not account for the countless travels and lane violations.....

825515091[/snapback]

I don't by the whole issue of equal fouls called between two teams either....If one team fouls alot that doesn't mean the other team does....... I hear people all the time talking about........ they had 8 fouls called to our 20 thats not fair........YES IT IS FAIR!........ if your team doesn't know how to play defense and goes out and hacks thier opponents to death you can't blame the officials.

I'm confused about the travels and lane violations you are talking about...... are you saying thier were to many called or what.

Your right Pantherbert, I'm done with muffin.... I lost my temper when she started calling me names and I shouldn't have. I apologize for sinking to her level and I hope the moderators don't shut the thread down.

dont even try and turn it on muffin...we answer your question and you decide not to answer ours and keep getting smart with us....you told me i was answering a question with a question so i went and answered yours, but now you answer my question with a question..... :lol:

dont even try and turn it on muffin...we answer your question and you decide not to answer ours and keep getting smart with us....you told me i was answering a question with a question so i went and answered yours, but now you answer my question with a question..... :lol:

825515138[/snapback]

so that gives her the right to call me names right!??..... I'm not a ref

From an umpire's perspective, I can tell you the two things we want in a game. Strikes and Outs.........for both sides. I imagine most refs want the seconds to tick away as fast as they can. Blowing the whistle only prolongs the game. :lol:

Answer this question honestly. Why would a referee hold a grudge against a coach, player or team?

From an umpire's perspective, I can tell you the two things we want in a game.  Strikes and Outs.........for both sides.  I imagine most refs want the seconds to tick away as fast as they can.  Blowing the whistle only prolongs the game. :lol:

Answer this question honestly.  Why would a referee hold a grudge against a coach, player or team?

825515176[/snapback]

If they are professional they won't.

From an umpire's perspective, I can tell you the two things we want in a game.  Strikes and Outs.........for both sides.  I imagine most refs want the seconds to tick away as fast as they can.  Blowing the whistle only prolongs the game. :lol:

Answer this question honestly.  Why would a referee hold a grudge against a coach, player or team?

825515176[/snapback]

They could have numerous reasons but one i can think of off the top of my head is if they are reffing a game between their alma mater and rival opponent. there can be some bias there, that's only human though! Humans are not perfect and can not see everything from every angle. That's why fans will think a ref's call was wrong, different perspectives.