Clinton Dragons vs AC Mavericks: at AC 01/14

chsbbfan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragons put up big #'s in Mav land Friday night should be lots of 3's being launched by both sides, 40-45 3's attempted. Unfortunately for the Dragons Number 11 of the Mavs might make 10 of them. This one should be close......I'll take the __ :P ___ in a close one.

825516504[/snapback]

Your Right, Unfortunately for the Mav's, No one will be able to stop Dixon, Dye, and Whitt. and one mad Defense.. This team is really starting to gell

This game should be a good one. It seems like year in and year out everyone gives the nod to clinton which is understandable. Clinton will always have the better athletes and stand out players, but AC with there ability to shoot the three and hustle will find a way to keep it close. The key for the Mavs will be to contain Whitt and Dye. If they put the lock on those two players this one could be interesting. Good luck to both teams.

Anderson County 75

Clinton 67

This game should be a good one.  It seems like year in and year out everyone gives the nod to clinton which is understandable.  Clinton will always have the better athletes and stand out players, but AC with there ability to shoot the three and hustle will find a way to keep it close.  The key for the Mavs will be to contain Whitt and Dye.  If they put the lock on those two players this one could be interesting.  Good luck to both teams. 

Anderson County 75

Clinton 67

825516809[/snapback]

They will have to due more then stop thoses two. Clinton has to many weapons.!!!!!!!!!

Clinton-----85

AC---------70

Edited by RimRecker

Although Anderson County did lose a heavy gaurd crew from last year, the ball handlers are still there for the mavs. ( Laverdier, Fox, and Stooksbury) If Clinton comes out and tries to get greedy with their full court pressure, good things will happen for Eldridge's bunch. They will get wide open transition threes or easies by attacking the goal. This is gonna be a good one.

AC and Clinton do a really good job pressing teams, although the presses from both teams will create turnovers I don't think that will be the main factor.

Match -up's are going to be big in this contest.

Can Clinton's inside game match AC's inside game and vise-versa, can the dragons step out 19'9" to cover the AC shooters or can AC play down low with the dragons. Help defense will be the key factor in this contest.

HE WHO HELP'S HIS BROTHER'S, WIN THE WAR.

I think the key to the game this year, as it is every year with these two teams, is tempo. The Dragons try to force the tempo with their D, and the Mavs try to control the pace with deliberate offense to take Clinton out of their rhythm. Every year Eldridge wins the tempo battle, and Clinton may win, but they win playing AC's game, and I believe the Mavs have won 4 of the last 6 match-ups in this series. I believe they make it 5 of 7 tonight in a close one.