Waverly @ Sycamore

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

The Waverly Tigers are off to a tremendous start this season and there unbeaten district record tells the whole story. Waverly's three losses this year came in their season opener at Hickman Co. and twice to Jackson Northside (who is the only team to beat Bolivar). The Tigers have been tested in their last two games against the other two teams in the county (Cheatham & Harpeth) but they know that the true test is against Sycamore, who ended Waverly's season a year ago in the regional semifinals at Montgomery Central.

The Sycamore War Eagles had a slow start to the 2004-2005 season, but have showed flashes of being a team that can make a run at a third consecutive district championship. The War Eagles are currently sitting at 3-2 in district 10AA play and with a win at home over Waverly this Friday night coach Shelton's team will have positioned themselves quite well to compete for the regular season district title. After a second heartbreaking loss to Greenbrier last night, Sycamore took their frustrations out against a Fairview team that was simply overmatched tonight by winning by a 59-18 count.

This game will mark the first of what I expect will be at least three battles between these two teams before the end of this season. For Waverly to win in Lynch-Puthoff Memorial this Friday night, Rico Ralston will have to show up with his A-game. Another key for the Tigers will be the play of Hollis down low. If he can control the paint, then Sycamore will be in trouble. For the War Eagles, the key in my opinion is Brian Bullard. John played well in last night's game at Greenbrier, but it is Bullard who has to provide the legit inside presence for Sycamore to be successful. If Bullard is successful and Waverly starts to double down on him, then Sycamore's shooters have to hit shots. The guys like Watts, Barksdale, Rives, Lohin, and Moulton will have to connect when their number is called. I just like the way that Sycamore is playing right now and with this game being played in Pleasant View, watch for the crowd to play a huge factor in Sycamore's favor. That is why I think that Sycamore will win their second big game of the season (CreekWood was the other). I'll say War Eagles by 6-points, but please feel free to post your thoughts!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Waverly Tigers are off to a tremendous start this season and there unbeaten district record tells the whole story.  Waverly's three losses this year came in their season opener at Hickman Co. and twice to Jackson Northside (who is the only team to beat Bolivar).  The Tigers have been tested in their last two games against the other two teams in the county (Cheatham & Harpeth) but they know that the true test is against Sycamore, who ended Waverly's season a year ago in the regional semifinals at Montgomery Central

The Sycamore War Eagles had a slow start to the 2004-2005 season, but have showed flashes of being a team that can make a run at a third consecutive district championship.  The War Eagles are currently sitting at 3-2 in district 10AA play and with a win at home over Waverly this Friday night coach Shelton's team will have positioned themselves quite well to compete for the regular season district title.  After a second heartbreaking loss to Greenbrier last night, Sycamore took their frustrations out against a Fairview team that was simply overmatched tonight by winning by a 59-18 count. 

This game will mark the first of what I expect will be at least three battles between these two teams before the end of this season.  For Waverly to win in Lynch-Puthoff Memorial this Friday night, Rico Ralston will have to show up with his A-game.  Another key for the Tigers will be the play of Hollis down low.  If he can control the paint, then Sycamore will be in trouble.  For the War Eagles, the key in my opinion is Brian Bullard.  John played well in last night's game at Greenbrier, but it is Bullard who has to provide the legit inside presence for Sycamore to be successful.  If Bullard is successful and Waverly starts to double down on him, then Sycamore's shooters have to hit shots.  The guys like Watts, Barksdale, Rives, Lohin, and Moulton will have to connect when their number is called.  I just like the way that Sycamore is playing right now and with this game being played in Pleasant View, watch for the crowd to play a huge factor in Sycamore's favor.  That is why I think that Sycamore will win their second big game of the season (CreekWood was the other).  I'll say War Eagles by 6-points, but please feel free to post your thoughts!!!

825515914[/snapback]

Should be a good contest. Sycamore connected on 18-23 3's last year in the regional tournament. That is a 78% clip. The tigers only lost by 3...I think. If Sycamore shoots that well again then Waverly will be in trouble. However, if the game is played under realistic percentages I think that Waverly will be able to beat Sycamore by 6-10 points. Waverly is well balanced and can play inside out or outside in. Look for a good battle. The trip over is always a factor since it is a loooooonnggg way from Waverly to Pleasent View. Good luck and see ya there.

William H. Bonnie

Sorry catfish but Creek Wood isn't a big win. Creekwood is like beating McEwen. You will be in for a test this Friday night. I dont see you guys hitting 18 3's from behind the arc again. I think this will be a close game in the end, but Waverly is the favorite and will most likely win the game. So, your 2nd big win will not come Friday. We will not be the same as Creekwood. So I just want you to know Creekwood is not a "BIG" win. GO Tigers