Waverly @ Sycamore

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because Waverly came in tonight and they know that they were in a fight and that they very easily could have lost the game. A break here and there and Sycamore could have taken it. I guess Sycamore is optimistic and they realize if they keep playing like they are eventually they will start having things go their way and turn the season around. It kind of reminds of an old story, oh wait that was last year when they had a horrible regular season and beat your cubbies in the district championship. This is my last post because you have a horrible excuse for everything, no point in arguing with you anymore.

I agree that it's tough with everybody having 2 and 3 losses that anybody can stop Waverly from winning the regular season title, but anything can happen! Seems to me that this was a pretty good game. Sycamore must be playing a lot better. Should make for a good rest of the season. Somebody will get Waverly though. Probably a couple of times. They're not so high and mighty as everyone thinks. I will give them credit by going to some tough places and pulling out some tough wins, but they have not impressed me very much yet this season. I figured the way they have been built up that they would be godlike but that is not the case.

Guest catfish-hunter

I went to Sycamore last night and watched this basketball game. Sycamore played well at times and not so well at other times, yet they only lost by 2-points to the best team in the district (at least as far as the regular season goes). I really don't know the Waverly players by name, except for Ralston & Hollis, but they did have a few stand out to me. Rico did what Rico always does when I watch him play, which is getting in the lane and finishing. Hollis did not have the big impact against Sycamore's big men like he did last week against Cheatham. #24 for Waverly is a shooter. He had one of the ugliest shots I've ever seen, but he was deadly from downtown. I referred to #31 as being a "Bubba Nichols Jr.". #21 is a pretty good athlete, but he can't throw it in the ocean from the foul line. I will tell you Jp-tiger that your Waverly Tigers have pretty mucvh wrapped up the regular season title, which they deserve after beating CreekWood, Harpeth, Cheatham, and Sycamore ON THE ROAD. Hope that this helps you all know where everyone sits in district 10AA:

1.) Waverly (6-0): The Tigers have pretty much wrapped up the regular season crown after beating all of their major competition on the road. A trip to Mont. Cent. on Tuesday can't go unnoticed (just ask Cheatham). A hme game with Harpeth on Friday could eliminate one of the Tigers challengers for the district.

2.) CreekWood (4-2): The Red Hawks did not play a district game this week, yet they still hold the #2 seed after the three Cheatham County teams lost. A home game with Cheatham on Tuesday is big as far as tourney seeding is concerned.

3.) Harpeth (3-3): The Indians got a much needed win last night over lowly Stewart County. With wins over Cheatham & Sycamore already, Jamie Wilson's Indians control their own destiny as far as the #3 seed in the district is concerned.

4.) Cheatham (3-3): The Cubs supposedly had an easy week this week, but last night proved to be anything but. The Cubs were upset at Mont. Cent. (which gave much needed help to both Sycamore and Harpeth). A trip to CreekWood and a home game against Sycamore make this upcoming week a huge one for the Cubs.

5.) Sycamore (3-3): The War Eagles dropped to .500 in district play with a close loss to Waverly last night. A visit from Stewart Co. on Tuesday looks like a sure "W", but a trip to Cheatham on Friday will be anything but.

6.) Montgomery Central (1-3): After a slow start to the season, the Indians sit just 1-GAME out of the #3 spot in the district. A game next Friday with Stewart County could get the Indians back to even in the district, but that will depend on how their game with Waverly goes on Tuesday.

7.) Stewart County (0-6): I've said it once already, but the Rebels biggest luxury this season is the fact that they get to host the district tourney. A visit to Sycamore on Tuesday could get ugly, but a home game Friday with Mont. Cent. could shape up to decide the cellar-dwellar of district 10AA in '05.

BTW Alex Bowers, why in the heck are you saying that people aren't wrong about doubting Sycamore??? Wasn't it just last night when Cheatham lost to Mont. Cent.??? I forgot that the Indians were such a powerhouse this season.

Well I was impressed with Ricco's play, as always. The kid's nickname should be "The Matrix" because he hangs in the air forever. As for the rest of the Waverly team, I did not how everyone said they were so "great." Sycamore has really turned it around since the beginning of the year. Statebound, I applaud they way your team game back in the third quarter after Waverly went on a run. Big Jon played well in the first half, but was nonexsistent in the second. Bullard made some nice moves down low all game and finished strong on most of them. I hope Sycamore can come out with the same amount of energy as they did last night.

Waverly definately has the advantage winning all these big games on the road. It seems to be easier to win at home but you never no what can happen. Personally i think Cheatham, Harpeth, or Sycamore can go into Waverly and pull out a W. Even if they do lose one or two at home they will still win the regular season. It should be a great rest of the season. Good luck to all.

A good win by the Tigers on the road. Ricco dropping 23 points 6 steals and 6 assists. Sycamore still has its outside shooting and I think will meet Waverly in the district champioship pending on the seeding for the tournament. I dont see Waverly losing a district game this year. The Wavo Tigers can outplay anyone and the home crowd has improved over the past years. I remember it just seemed it was kind of dull in the gym. It is still kind of hard to get the fans into it but it is improving. Everyone friday is going to be crazy for Harpeth. I am looking forward to Monkey Central tuesday and Harpeth friday. Cant wait to see my Tigers play this week. GO TIGERS!!!