ROCKWOOD

JJ4OHS

The tigers got off to a hot start.... but here lately they seem to have some problems. They lost to wartburg and harriman... and we (oakdale) just about pulled one out last night... Is it they are just not that good or are they the sleeper in our district.... You also got to remember they lost some big players from last year... but i dont think that is the problem... they are having trouble now but come tourney time they will probably step up like always and find ways to win.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i woundlt say that they simply stink and Im saying that and I play for one of Rockwoods rivals in Knoxville.Coach K will have them ready by tourney time if theyre goin through a lil slump right now in which all teams do but trust me the ydo stink but theyll be ready by tourney time watch and see. And losing to Wartburg isnt bad at all they are a good team but for harriman from what i heard this year is i guess we can say a "REBUILDING" year.

The Tiger ship is fine. They let one slip away at Wartburg and could have lost last night, but Rockwood is a team that's going to be in a lot of close games and Coach K is ine with that.

They simply need to get some of the new faces accustomed to playing in close games.

On the perimeter, it seems to me that when the game is on the line that everybody on the floor is wanting Corey to take charge. Corey is definitely that type player, but they need some of the younger players to step up when the game is on the line.

Last night, I thought Billy Moffitt played well down the stretch and made plays, but they need more consistency.

In the paint, I think Jamie is really coming along and Butler is solid. Willis and Zack are both capable players, but they don't have a lot of experience in close games at Rockwood. They will only improve, but like in the outside players, they need to step up and show they can make plays when the game is on the line.

Rockwood is good but so are Harriman and Wartburg. Harriman is very athletic but they can't depend on that in tourney time and Wartburg usually gets up by runs then go cold, so I would have to give Rockwood the advantage over these teams because they play the best D and can go on big runs. Oakdale hits their shots and if another team goes cold then they have a chance of winning. Rockwood and Oneida will be a good game Friday and we will see how Rockwood rebounds from their lackluster showing at Oakdale.

Rockwood is good but so are Harriman and Wartburg. Harriman is very athletic but they can't depend on that in tourney time and Wartburg usually gets up by runs then go cold, so I would have to give Rockwood the advantage over these teams because they play the best D and can go on big runs. Oakdale hits their shots and if another team goes cold then they have a chance of winning. Rockwood and Oneida will be a good game Friday and we will see how Rockwood rebounds from their lackluster showing at Oakdale.