White House vs. Mt. Juliet

BDP_FAN

I still think it is wrong. This is not the NBA this is high school. Even if WHHS came out strong a team of this caliper should be able to come back against this unexperianced team. I would think without the press a team of Mt. Juliet's level should be able to beat WHHS with no problems and still have to hold back to not pass the 100 pt mark. Has TSSAA decided about the Mercy Rules yet?? Best of luck to both teams.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still disagree with pressing.  Come on look at the record of this young team.  If they think they can't come back against a team like WHHS maybe they shouldn't be rated so high.  I definately think it is bad sportsmanship to do this no matter what else.

825518366[/snapback]

Don't be a fool.

Plenty of times in sports people and coaches write other teams off and look what happens.

Your argument is pathetic at best. MJHS coach was classy to call off the press in the first quarter.

I'm glad they pulled the press off.  But the big question is why use it at all.  Everybody knows they are young young.

825516835[/snapback]

why use the press. that is mt. juliet's defense they've used it since i can remember. why change something thats not broke. i feel u have to run it every game. its the same as not playing ur star players the whole game. if u stop using that particular defense or dont use a star player, when a time comes for it to work it is possible for them to be rusty and or not able to play the whole game. so i think that u have to use ur defense u run every game even if its a team that isnt up to par.

mt. juliet was good to whhs.

the mt. juliet program is definitely a very polished team. both the coaches and the players displayed alot of class. they could of easily pressed the entire game and scored into the hundreds but didn't. when you go to their bench they just reload. good luck against wilson ! white house good luck against hendersonville.

DRIKA I AGREE THEY BEEN PLAYING TOUGH AAA DISTRICT BUT THEY CAN'T BEAT AVERAGE SINGLE A TEAMS. I NOT RUNNING THEM DOWN..THEY ARE NOT GETTING THE GIRLS TO COME OUT LIKE THEY USE TOO. THEY USE TO HAVE ENOUGH GIRLS COME OUT AND MAKE UP FRESHMAN--JV--VARSTY TEAMS... GOODLUCK GIRLS.......

fish4- who likes to lose. when you are playing teams in that district day in and day out, you tend to lose alot of self esteem and self confidence. when you play an A or AA school, you have zero confidence and second guess yourself when you do anything. i'm sure it will get better for the white house programs when they return to AA when they are not getting slammed everynight. when the winning comes back the interest will come back. by the way, check out the middle school record for the past four years and tell me if there was a winning record. the girls are great kids but don't know how to win. ( or have the Will power to learn.) Good luck Blue Devils hang in there ! AA will be here soon enough !!