White House vs. Mt. Juliet

BDP_FAN

I watched one of the best girl high school b'ball teams I've every seen. Mt. Juliet is a top notch team and I do mean TEAM. They beat my lady Blue Devils last night 97-39 and it could have been much, much, much worse if they had wanted it to be. They have several good players but I was most impressed with how they played as a team. Don't think they missed but a couple free throws all night long and wore it out from the three point stripe. Mind you, White House is very young and hasn't done well this year, but I can't imagine that would have made a difference last night. Mt. Juliet had class and the coach called off the press after the first quarter, which I thought was a very classy move. He played his subs all night long and the score still continued to climb. My hat is off to the Lady Bears and I'll be interested to see how far they will go in State.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched one of the best girl high school b'ball teams I've every seen.  Mt. Juliet is a top notch team and I do mean TEAM.  They beat my lady Blue Devils last night 97-39 and it could have been much, much, much worse if they had wanted it to be.  They have several good players but I was most impressed with how they played as a team.  Don't think they missed but a couple free throws all night long and wore it out from the three point stripe.  Mind you, White House is very young and hasn't done well this year, but I can't imagine that would have made a difference last night.  Mt. Juliet had class and the coach called off the press after the first quarter, which I thought was a very classy move.  He played his subs all night long and the score still continued to climb.  My hat is off to the Lady Bears and I'll be interested to see how far they will go in State.

825516521[/snapback]

I have heard the White House girls are pretty bad this year. But how is Bill Raphun doing as a coach?

SAD TO SEE WHITE HOUSE PROGRAM GO DOWN OVER THE YEARS.HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE RANDELL LEMLEY LEFT.

825516885[/snapback]

the team has been playing a AAA schedule since Lemley has left too. that will make a little difference don't you think ? we all know that white house is out of their league playing in one of the most successful districts in the state of tn.

This is going to blow everybody's mind but where is White House. I dont have a map and did a search on the web and no help. I always thought I knew where it was and the whole time it was White Bluff. Sorry So Stupid. Sounds like they had a rought go of it with Mt Juliet but keep your chin(s) up.

825517729[/snapback]

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

This is going to blow everybody's mind but where is White House. I dont have a map and did a search on the web and no help. I always thought I knew where it was and the whole time it was White Bluff. Sorry So Stupid. Sounds like they had a rought go of it with Mt Juliet but keep your chin(s) up.

825517729[/snapback]

White House is about 25 miles north of Nashville straight up I-65.

I have heard the White House girls are pretty bad this year.  But how is Bill Raphun doing as a coach?

825516752[/snapback]

It's really tough to judge how he's doing right now because they are soooo young. They have one win against Station Camp early in the season. Since then, they have been getting beat badly on a regular basis. I haven't really noticed much improvement over the course of the season either. They managed to lose an 11 point lead to a smaller class Red Boiling Springs team and that was very disappointing. Maybe as the freshman and sophmore class get more and more experience and they move down to AA, they will greatly improve. To say the least, there is much room for improvement by the girls and the coaching.

I still disagree with pressing.  Come on look at the record of this young team.  If they think they can't come back against a team like WHHS maybe they shouldn't be rated so high.  I definately think it is bad sportsmanship to do this no matter what else.

825518366[/snapback]

I remenber a few years ago the worst team in the NBA Chicago Bulls beat the LA Lakers who was the best team in the NBA.

You never assume a win nor underestimate a team no matter what kind of record they have. First you make sure your are in control, then you show the team respect.

There is nothing wrong with pressing the first quarter. I even think it was honorable of the coach not to break 100 with a weak team.