District 7AAA Coaches

gottaloveit

It seems that the pressure is about to pick up on some of the coaches in District 7AAA. The parity in the ranks of the district leads many people to put pressure on the coaches to swing that pendelum for their team. It doesn't help when one looks around the district at the difference between success and failure on the scoreboard. Oakland is consistently at the tops of the district with the leadership of Randy King. Therefore there is something to be said of giving a coach time to build his system. On the other hand, you can look to the success of a White County or Cookeville to realize the difference a change of leaders can do. I do not believe that the previous coaches were not doing a good job at those places. I just feel that sometimes certain positions are better suited for other individuals. It seems that at Warren County Coach Keil was able to get his players to perceivably overachieve, but just the opposite at Lebanon. Riverdale has what I believe to be a good coach that is having a hard time developing the on the floor chemistry needed to take things to the next level. Coach Harris at siegel has the opportunity to determine his legacy in Murfreesboro this year. If he is able to continue to have these young men mature and advance in the tournaments this season we could see a changing of the guard. It is obvious that Warren County's coach is having a hard time completing the transition to his regime. The close contest indicate something is happening just not quite sure what is needed to push them over the hump. Blackman though outmanned many nights is finding a way to battle to the end. Maybe this is the right fit for Coach Turnham. It took a change of venues for him. Maybe some others might follow suit. It is very difficult to change the perception of a coach at a given school. Much easier to reinvent yourself elsewhere if that is what is needed.

Here is to hoping that all these young men work things out and continue to enjoy the profession.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe the coach at Rdale is practicing a little bit of favoritism..........his team had good chemistry and were playing as a unit before the football players joined up. I just don't think that there is the same unity since.

825521047[/snapback]

I don't think Riverdale is very well coached. They have had some great teams in recent years with state championship potential, but haven't been coached well enough to move through the playoffs.

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG
you can say that again, warren county needs a new coaching staff in every sport they play, maybe a new athletic director too, there is no excuse for such a large school to be so terrible at everything they do, it is not fair to the kids

825529902[/snapback]

LOLOWNT

Chemistry looked alot better last night from Riverdale. Coach may be able to right the ship after all. We will see how the new changes play out against Oakland.

It seems like many have left the ship in Warren County. Not looking good for the future. Never seen a coach fired or leave before the end of the season. Could happen here.

The first run through the district is complete and the district tournament seeds are starting to take shape. It appears that whoever gets the #1 seed whether its Siegel or Oakland will get an automatic bid to the region. The rest of the first round games should be battles. I understand that anyone can beat anyone on any given night but some teams match up better than others. Looking ahead which teams need to stay away from who.

Its funny that so many are talking about Coach Hutto coming back to replace Keil when for years his assistant and former assistants talked about how much better they could do than him. By the way where is Coach Hutto lurking these days if not in the Wilson County System.

Guest Oakland
Chemistry looked alot better last night from Riverdale.  Coach may be able to right the ship after all.  We will see how the new changes play out against Oakland

It seems like many have left the ship in Warren County.  Not looking good for the future.  Never seen a coach fired or leave before the end of the season.  Could happen here.

The first run through the district is complete and the district tournament seeds are starting to take shape.  It appears that whoever gets the #1 seed whether its Siegel or Oakland will get an automatic bid to the region.  The rest of the first round games should be battles.  I understand that anyone can beat anyone on any given night but some teams match up better than others.  Looking ahead which teams need to stay away from who. 

Its funny that so many are talking about Coach Hutto coming back to replace Keil when for years his assistant and former assistants talked about how much better they could do than him.  By the way where is Coach Hutto lurking these days if not in the Wilson County System.

825531503[/snapback]

what i have been hearing is that hutto is looking to get back into coaching.

anyways, coach king showed last night why he is the best coach in district 7-aaa. getting a team to play as well as oakland did after 2 close losses in the final minutes was just awesome.

King has 436 career victories. where do the rest of the district coaches stack up as far as career victories