OC REBELS

unconcerned

• 2 weeks later...

You never give up on a team or a season. I've seen teams that have had as bad of a record as OC and go far in the tourneys. At the same time you can evaluate your players and see who wants to play and those that don't. I'll agree that it can be a fine line, but coaches can do it. I would imagine that a lot of soul searching is going on all around this program. If not, lock the gym after the girls game.

You never give up on a team or a season. I've seen teams that have had as bad of a record as OC and go far in the tourneys. At the same time you can evaluate your players and see who wants to play and those that don't. I'll agree that it can be a fine line, but coaches can do it. I would imagine that a lot of soul searching is going on all around this program. If not, lock the gym after the girls game.

825540019[/snapback]

Most of these guys don't want to play anymore.....some are getting ready for baseball......They won't go far in any tournament...they will be done after they play in the first round of the district.....I'm looking foward to next year anyways because this year gives me headaches....

There is no excuse for losing by 30 points or more in so many games this year...

So to answer your question, unconcerned, they should start looking to next year!!

i really hate to hear about a program going down so much as obion.attitude has to be the most important motivating factor in whose the hungriest.give me 5 hungry people in any arena any day.sometimes in life you find out what ya made of during the worst of times.somebody can step forward and make a different whether it be a coach or player depending who really wants it more.i remember when i was volunteering as a youth coach i had a girls team that started off to a rocky start.i think a coach has to look at improving in as many areas as possible and constantly build people up in the process.failure remember is a process of success as well.some people accept failure and some people want to do something about it so bad that something deep inside just wants it worse then anyone else.i heard a guy once say the following."put a looser in a winning environment,then, he can chsange his thinking.put a winner anywhere then he can change the environment around him".a friend of mine would always tell me "its all mental".its almost like the train that says "i think i can.i know these are quotes but attitude is a building process for winning.depends on how bad a person wants it.

i really hate to hear about a program going down so much as obion.attitude has to be the most important motivating factor in whose the hungriest.give me 5 hungry people in any arena any day.sometimes in life you find out what ya made of during the worst of times.somebody can step forward and make a different whether it be a coach or player depending  who really wants it more.i remember when i was volunteering as a youth coach i had a girls team that started off to a rocky start.i think a coach has to look at improving in as many areas as possible and constantly build people up in the process.failure remember is a process of success as well.some people  accept failure and some people want to  do something about it so bad that something deep inside  just wants it worse then anyone else.i heard a guy once say the following."put a looser in a winning environment,then, he can chsange his thinking.put a winner anywhere then he can change the environment around him".a friend of mine would always tell me "its all mental".its almost like the train that says "i think i can.i know these are quotes but attitude is a building process for winning.depends on how bad a person wants it.

825540234[/snapback]

Your exactly right......great post thumb