basketballfan2003

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just messin with you. I truly think Shelbyville  will finish 2nd in the district.

And they should catch Oakland in the semis of the region. Hey, I will take an all Dist 8-AAA finals in the Region tourney!!!

Good luck to Shelbyville the rest of the way.

Keep rolling Lady Lions!!!!

825531584[/snapback]

Shelbyville won't beat Oakland. I'm not sure they can beat Cookeville or White County either.

Don't know when I felt as missed.

What happened in the game, well, I did not get to see it nor have I talked with Coach but from the sound of things Shelbyville did not hear the gun fire that the game had started until after the first quarter. It was basically an even game from there on.

In my opinion, it was much more of a must win for Columbia than for Shelbyville. They needed to play hard and learn from it. Well, now they have the opportunity to do one of the two, learn from it. I hope they do.

From where they were to where they are now, even with this loss, they are headed in the right direction. It is hard to explain but they have a strong tradition of being ready by tournament time, even if they have had a bad year. The year Lawrenceburg won the state, Shelbyville had them beat in the district until they called a time out and they had none left which cost them the game. That year that team was just over .500 with their record of wins and losses and they had the eventual state champions beat without the mental error so you never can tell.

The bottom line is Columbia was ready to play and Shelbyville was not but as far as I know they did not hand out any hardware that night. The real games will start in a few weeks. Shelbyville, nor any other team, will be able to get away with that type start when those games start.

Congrats to Columbia and best wishes to them and Shelbyville as the tournaments approach. Time will tell. thumb

Edited by flemtone

What happened in the game, well, I did not get to see it nor have I talked with Coach but from the sound of things Shelbyville did not hear the gun fire that the game had started until after the first quarter.  It was basically an even game from there on.

In my opinion, it was much more of a must win for Columbia than for Shelbyville.  They needed to play hard and learn from it.  Well, now they have the opportunity to do one of the two, learn from it.  I hope they do.

From where they were to where they are now, even with this loss, they are headed in the right direction.  It is hard to explain but they have a strong tradition of being ready by tournament time, even if they have had a bad year.  The year Lawrenceburg won the state, Shelbyville had them beat in the district until they called a time out and they had none left which cost them the game.  That year that team was just over .500 with their record of wins and losses and they had the eventual state champions beat without the mental error so you never can tell.

The bottom line is Columbia was ready to play and Shelbyville was not but as far as I know they did not hand out any hardware that night.  The real games will start in a few weeks.  Shelbyville, nor any other team, will be able to get away with that type start when those games start.

Congrats to Columbia and best wishes to them and Shelbyville as the tournaments approach.  Time will tell. thumb

825531926[/snapback]

Good post. Glad to see you're back

What happened in the game, well, I did not get to see it nor have I talked with Coach but from the sound of things Shelbyville did not hear the gun fire that the game had started until after the first quarter.  It was basically an even game from there on.

In my opinion, it was much more of a must win for Columbia than for Shelbyville.  They needed to play hard and learn from it.  Well, now they have the opportunity to do one of the two, learn from it.  I hope they do.

From where they were to where they are now, even with this loss, they are headed in the right direction.  It is hard to explain but they have a strong tradition of being ready by tournament time, even if they have had a bad year.  The year Lawrenceburg won the state, Shelbyville had them beat in the district until they called a time out and they had none left which cost them the game.  That year that team was just over .500 with their record of wins and losses and they had the eventual state champions beat without the mental error so you never can tell.

The bottom line is Columbia was ready to play and Shelbyville was not but as far as I know they did not hand out any hardware that night.  The real games will start in a few weeks.  Shelbyville, nor any other team, will be able to get away with that type start when those games start.

Congrats to Columbia and best wishes to them and Shelbyville as the tournaments approach.  Time will tell. thumb

825531926[/snapback]

well said flem

However the game was nowhere near even after the first. Eaglettes didn't get a 3 all night and Snipes was so fustrated. there were 6 quick points for the Eaglettes with 1:30 to go in the 4th that made it closer or it would have stayed at 23 anyway you guys should get 2nd and then comes the 2nd season.