predictions for the pickett county temple game

throwitdown

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True..it is early...Temple has a good schedule this week.CCS..who would love revenge after that horrific game that CCS played...(I mean it was good for temple but CCS played terrible)..and Lookout Valley would love to beat Temple for the following:it is Temple's homecoming...and to beat the number one team in Region 3A...so they have some good games coming up before...

hey throwitdown...you know you forgot one thing when you started this post...you are asking about a game involving Pickett County. You should have added something like "And please no replies if you are going to make an asinine comment.Not to name anyone(SikWitIt)"....haha :D

I just want to say first off if i personally have talked trash its because of Temple fans or someone that just likes to start stuff talking about how Pickett Co. is weak. I have followed the cats for as long as i can remember and this is one of the most balanced and athletic teams in the history of Pickett basketball. The fact is that they play one of the toughest schedules in the state and they play in an area that even the weaker teams can pull an upset on anyone at anytime. I personally dont know how tough the Chatt. area teams are but from what i have heard there arent as tough as this area, just an opinion though. Temple always has good teams and im sure they will be at the boro this year, and will be right there with them. It uis a little early for a prediction, the cats need to focus on Ezell and LA first, but i am going to take the Bobcats by 4, and it will be a low scoring game, it should be one of the best games of the season and good luck to both teams. Go Bobcats!!!!

If Temple lets Pickett score 62 they will lose this game, because the bobcats defense will not allow more than 62 points since the most anyone has gotten thus far is 55 and that was because of foul shots late in the game. If this turns into a high scoring game then i will have to say it favors Temple cause the Cats like to control the tempo and keep the score down, and if they cant do that then it will be hard for them to come away with the win. I think they can control the game and come away with a win on the 28th 52-48, just a hunch, Go Cats.

I'd say that Temple will have no problem scoring more than 55.

Caleb Skogen is averaging 21 points a game and his brother Seth is averaging 17 a game. And usually one of them has anywhere from 20 to 30 a game. So, I have no doubt that Temple will score the points against Pickett. Plus, Temple has a great defense as well. The only reason some of the games they've played has their opponent with 40 or more points is because the starters come out of the game early and the bench allows their opponents starters to score against them.

It still should be a great game -- but I'm going to stick with Temple for the win.