predictions for the pickett county temple game

throwitdown

No I wouldn't like to see Temple lose more than I would like to see Grace win. Problems I have with Temple are mainly advertising "come be part of the winning tradition @ Tennessee Temple" in the Free Press which has brought tons of scrutiny from TSSAA, and attitudes of old men on the bench.

825525537[/snapback]

Well I don't know who you know from the TSSAA. I haven't heard crap about that ad. They win at other stuff besides athletics. They win state in just about every academic category every year. And I'm not even going to start with the 'attitude' you brought up. Should we all remind you of the production your school put on after winning district?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know who you know from the TSSAA. I haven't heard crap about that ad. They win at other stuff besides athletics. They win state in just about every academic category every year. And I'm not even going to start with the 'attitude' you brought up. Should we all remind you of the production your school put on after winning district?

825525576[/snapback]

Believe it or not there is a BIG difference between a group of rowdy kids and a representative of the school. and those ads were in the paper a few years ago, ask uncle dan he'll tell ya.

p.s. no one cares about t.a.c.s. academics, or that grace a national merit scholar finalist and a national merit scholar last year

How are kids not representatives of the school? How is your team not a representative? Why do they put school names on jerseys?

825525618[/snapback]

the fans are not representatives like the coach is. how were the players doing anything bad. r u still whining about taking the temple sign down? i made you some pretty ones with team colors!!

No I wouldn't like to see Temple lose more than I would like to see Grace win. Problems I have with Temple are mainly advertising "come be part of the winning tradition @ Tennessee Temple" in the Free Press which has brought tons of scrutiny from TSSAA, and attitudes of old men on the bench.

825525537[/snapback]

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! I can't stop laughing about the previous remarks dealing with Temple and recruiting...Those two words shouldnt be in the same sentence.There is no way Temple recruits.They don't go out and get kids.Take Kevin Smithson,he went cause football was starting up at Temple.And now he plays basketball too.And for the Skogens...well they CHOSE to leave CCS.I don't blame them.People play for temple because they know it is all real there.The kids play with heart.They are well coached.From the beginning, Coach Wadley makes them get down into defensive stance before they ever worry about offense.And Coach Wadley has a great assistant coach...Kevin Skogen.The man is very wise.So to let all you nah sayers know...Temple does not recruit...You people are worse than little elementary girls...Starting rumors that they recruit...what did you run out of idiotic remarks to say about Temple?

Advertising in the Chattanooge Free Press for players to, and i quote, "come be a part of the winning tradition at Tennessee Temple"? Let me guess, they're talking about the science club or was it the debate team? Now who is the idiot? :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by devilfanatic

I dunno..is advertising considered recruiting? I mean I looked on their team page at the school enrollment and it says 184. It looks to me like they're trying to entice students to come for any reason. It's like they are touting their basketball program as a winning tradition for students to be proud of. I hardly think a good player is going to see something in the newspaper and cut it out and decide to enroll in Temple. I think this is mostly aimed at Dad's that have younger kids and envisions his kids having a private Christian education and them having good coach and a good athletic program for them to join.

If I remember correctly the ad was placed after Temple won the MS championship for the league they were in. (which included Boyd)

It had a picture of the team and said something about joining a winning tradition. It was obviously geered to the sports person.

All private schools are in the business of recruiting students. (just like magnet schools in Hamilton Co.) I may get blasted for this statement but take it for what it is worth.

Magnet schools had a fair last week and private schools are having one this week.

Do you think the CSAS (a magnet school in Chattanooga) principal gets excited about a 6'7" kid who plays basketball and wants to come to their school and probably also gets excited about a kid that has the potential to be a National Merit Scholar.

The key is recruiting students not athletes.

(I am not picking on CSAS just used them as an example)

Edited by mtnman

As you mentioned before the public/private debate will go on as long as they T$$AA allows private schools to compete against public schools. However as all of us up here know, the bigger cities have "open enrollment" so anyone from within that county can go to any school they prefer. The point i was making with my last post is there are some people on here that would have us believe the private's don't recruit, when if fact we all know that is false. However enough of that, back to the game at hand, its at Temple so i do give them the edge, but like i said before if the game was in Pickett Co. there is NO way Temple would ever come up here and beat this Pickett Co. team, not up in Pickett Co. But like i said before its the last game that matters, you mentioned something about the region games and i will agree that you must win them to advance but we only count Gold/Silver Balls up here, thats how WE measure success! thumb

its at Temple so i do give them the edge, but like i said before if the game was in Pickett Co. there is NO way Temple would ever come up here and beat this Pickett Co. team, not up in Pickett Co.  But like i said before its the last game that matters, you mentioned something about the region games and i will agree that you must win them to advance but we only count Gold/Silver Balls up here, thats how WE measure success! thumb

825527022[/snapback]

I don't even think I would give them the edge at home. We got the word that Temple wasn't all that impressive against CCS last night and that we shouldn't have any problems getting the win next week. We were told that Temple doesn't have any good shooters at the outside and that they only have a couple of players that are decent players.

We also heard that they can't shoot free throws and so if need be we'll make them earn it at the line. They also don't have much of a bench. They only sub like 1 or 2 guys and that's it. That tells me that they're not very deep and have no players that can come in get the job done. Word is also that their defense is not all that impressive and so we should be able to get the W next Friday.

All I got to say is -- you won't be able to put the fire out once it starts.

I don't even think I would give them the edge at home. We got the word that Temple wasn't all that impressive against CCS last night and that we shouldn't have any problems getting the win next week. We were told that Temple doesn't have any good shooters at the outside and that they only have a couple of players that are decent players.

We also heard that they can't shoot free throws and so if need be we'll make them earn it at the line. They also don't have much of a bench. They only sub like 1 or 2 guys and that's it. That tells me that they're not very deep and have no players that can come in get the job done. Word is also that their defense is not all that impressive and so we should be able to get the W next Friday.

825527058[/snapback]

Glad to hear it.

825527058[/snapback]

Good teams always find a way to win. Just keep talking!!!! You sure have a lot to say especially since you weren't even there. You do your thing we'll take care of our business. You talk way to much, we will be more prepared for this game than we have ever been. Just keep talking this is great motivation