Volunteer Falcons Basketball

doubleplay96

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can be said about this season of 2004-2005? So many memories. So many changes. So little time. Let me start with the Seniors, Jacob and BIG AL. Both of you guys will be sorely missed. BIG AL has as much pride as any Falcon fan, coach, or player has ever had. Love ya big guy! Jacob..... you are the only one left when I first started with Volunteer @ Lees-McRae summer camp on the JV. I feel like a nephew is leaving. Great career! Basketball is a life-learning experience. You have gained a lot of experience in basketball and now it is almost time to put those lessons into practice. Best of luck to you and the whole baseball team this year, and in life. Love ya!!! Oh yeah, to Danielle...... it has been a blessing having you at the games and on coacht to support the Falcons. See ya at ETSU next fall, just watch out for those elbows when you least expect it..... POW!!! :) Finally..... To all the little birds who had to mature fast into fighting Falcons....... great job of doing what no one but the Falcon-faithful and the coaching staff knew you could do. Maturity and chemistry will take us a long way. It may be the end of our season, but it is only the beginning!!!!! How high we fly next year depends on the amount of quality time you put into it behind the 8pm show. And it started with the loss tonight.

Well, not really the finale........ to the coaches.......... thanks for a memorable season yet again. Through the adversity, all the ups and downs, the changes and strange sequence of events, we stuck together and did what no one thought we could do. I remember a quote from some that said we would "not win 10 games this season" and "no Chucky, no Lucky." Well we doubled that and got the Monkey off Coach Whitt's back!!!!! Hey baldy..... great job of adjusting your technique to fit your team!!!!!!!! That's a true mark of a great coach, and you got the most out of our players. I'd go to battle with you, Reed, Whalen (A.D.), O'neil (track), and yes.... even Smith (Big Pappa). Hey Big Pappa, best of luck when your "Pride-and-Joy" gets here. You will make a great father. got yet another quote for ya Smith...... "People who say they sleep like a baby undoubtedly don't have one." Good luck getting sleep for the next three months. :lol:

Oh yeah!!! To the fans..... thank you for your support!!!!! This team had a "never quit" attitude and you, the fans, played an important role. You stuck with us through the ups and downs. See ya next season in AAA. GOD BLESS!!!!!

:ph34r:

This will be my Final Post on Volunteer Basketball Thread

20 Seconds away from sub-state and another season ending last second shot to send us home.

Wow

First I would like to thank everybody in the program that has been close to me over the last few years. Ron,Larry,Steve,Jean,Whalen,Mr.Farney,Mr. Bailey, Amy Whittemore,Carrie Smith,Robin Whalen,Coach,Chuck McClain,Coach Dennis Anderson,Coach Larry Justis and all others close to the program.

Next I would like to thank all season long Falcon Fans that never ever gave up on this team. That also includes the Falcon Freaks.

Now I would like to note some of the great trips and memories that I will have for life.

Freeport

Orlando

Pickett County

Reah County

Triple Overtime Johnson County

Orlando Championchip

Co-Confrence Championchip last year

Region win with Coach Whitt

Finaly I would like to thank our Coaching Staff

Coach Reed:

Thanks for the rides the over nighters and trips to your house and the playstation those are all memories aside from basketball

Coach Smith:

Thank you also for Rides One Trip to your house which is nice by the way and all the Information and Quotes that you have passed on to me like "Dont be that same mailman going though the same yard getting bit by the same dog" and one of my favorites"Never up Never In" just to name a couple

Coach Stokomo:

"LOST TIME" that might always be your second name. Stokley thank you for some great memories from practice with you by my side at that little old white table and the fun we had and I just want you to remember you are very scared of me. One day you will get it. :lol:

Coach Whittemore:

Coach I love you like my second father. You mean everything to me big man. Thank you for all the Knowledge of basketball that you have passed on to me. I hope though our Friendship that we have formed and Though the help of myself I can one day Coach Beside of you . Coach it was great to First go to Orlando and win that championchip with you down there and then getting your first region win with you is a special moment in my life. Also I love to take care of your son. He will always be my Lucky Charm. :ph34r: Also I am called bigal by my teammates but I hope you always know me as LARGEAL I kinda like that one.

Thanks to everybody Good Luck next year Falcons

Falcon Basketball 2004/2005

I will be the first of many to congratulate the Falcons for a very productive season this year after so much turmoil and attrition. The Lady Falcons had a very good year, also. I know Coach Anderson is very proud of this years' team. Best of luck next year in the higher classification.......... thumb P.S. Al, you had a great career and was probably the only manager this year to score.........best to you in the future.........

Congratulations to Volunteer for their great run at the end of the season. Being a Central fan, I have to admit I was pulling for you guys, especially after what all you have been through this season. All Falcon fans should be proud of the way the team played and the way the coaching staff had them prepared. I still say that Coach Whitt and staff do an outstanding job with their team. This team will be a force to reckon with the next couple of years. Also to Jacob Frazier, you played your heart out and never quit. You were a joy to watch the last four years. Good luck in the future!

Outstanding years boys. Really enjoyed the year. Congratulations to the entire team.

NOW

IS THE TIME FOR THE YOUNG GUNS TO GET READY FOR NEXT YEAR!

Al your probably the only manager who played..........and your definately in the books as the only manager with a 100% from the free throw line.

congrats falcons and fans

i did a little research and saw that all but three of your losses were to teams still alive in the state playoffs.  2 of those to HV and one to Rhea County.  nice season, probably the best game last night i've seen all year.

825598820[/snapback]

Thank you for that research and for your overall post. I believe that whatever comes against you will only make you stronger if you know how to deal with adversity. And this year we had a LOT of adversity. This season is a reflection of what kind of players we have. Coaches look for players with good moral character. I, and the other coaches, truly feel that we have been tremendously blessed to coach these kids. When your team is abruptly changed before and during the season (we started with 6 seniors and ended up with one), it is difficult if not impossible to develop a game plan and coaching style to fit young kids (a host of freshmen and sophomores). Coach Whitt was coach of the year last year, but I really feel that he did a much better job than last year. I am honored to say that I am an assistant of Coach Whittemore (Mr. Clean). I am also honored to say that I have coached with Reed and Smith, along with Whalen and O'neil from 2 years ago. This may be around the same sentiments I said last night but there are no words to express the gratitude I feel that GOD has blessed me to be in this position, a great program, a great group of kids, and a great community!!!!!!!! thumb Until next season......... GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!

:blink:

I had to give one last philosphy quote. This one is to all the young players, and also to ANYONE with ambition!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!

Start with a cage containing five apes. In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long, an ape will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the apes with cold water. After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result, all of the apes are sprayed with cold water. Soon, all of the apes realize that if any

one of them approaches the stairs, they all will be sprayed with cold water!

Turn off the cold water.

If, later, another ape tries to climb the stairs, the other apes will try to stop him, even though no water is sprayed on them. Now, remove one ape from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and tries to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the other apes attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted. Next, remove another of the original five apes and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm. Again, replace a third original ape with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape.

After replacing the fourth and fifth original apes, all the apes which have been sprayed with cold water have been replaced. Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the stairs. Why not? Because that's the way it's always been done.

Sound familiar?

When adversity hits you, take it on and conquer it. Don't let it conquer you!!!!

Edited by Stokomo

I tried to read that last post Stoko, but I passed out and fell outa' my chair about half way thru. Anyway it was a good season for the Falcons (all kidding aside)

I'll see u'all over on the Baseball board. Im working on something right now to get you Churchillians all stired up. thumb

Phillip Rodchester III (WaCo :) JaCo)