Volunteer Falcons Basketball

doubleplay96

Volunteer will play Claiborne County in the first round of the Regional Tournament. Date and time are TBA.

The rest of the first round is:

Unicoi County vs. Union County

Sullivan Central vs. Cumberland Gap

Happy Valley vs. South Greene

Second round is:

Volunteer/Claiborne winner vs. Unicoi Co./Union Co. winner

S. Cent./Cumberland Gap winner vs. Happy Valley/S. Greene winner

Finals will the winners of the second round games. Those two teams will move on to sub-state or sectionals or whatever they are calling it this year.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We owe Unicoi County a debt of gratitude. They helped us shut up the bunch from Happy Valley and then they shut up the bunch from Central. I was beginning to think there were only two teams in our conference. Both of them have been shooting off at the mouth since October. They do have good teams, but enough is enough.

We need to get ready for Claiborne (dropped County from their name last year) because we have to beat them before we can go any further.

Good Luck to all District 1 teams next week in the first round of the Regional tournament.

Edited by CHHS72

We owe Unicoi County a debt of gratitude.  They helped us shut up the bunch from Happy Valley and then they shut up the bunch from Central.  I was beginning to think there were only two teams in our conference.  Both of them have been shooting off at the mouth since October.  They do have good teams, but enough is enough.

We need to get ready for Claiborne (dropped County from their name last year) because we have to beat them before we can go any further.

Good Luck to all District 1 teams next week in the first round of teh Regional tournament.

825587649[/snapback]

What helped Volunteer beat Happy Valley was the fact their best player (Carroll) played only a few minutes in the first half and none in the second half. But you failed to mention this. Also, your coach didn't fail to make excuses when Browder was out against Central. Not much to brag about when you go 0-3 vs SC, 0-2 vs. UC, and 1-3 vs HV.

We owe Unicoi County a debt of gratitude.  They helped us shut up the bunch from Happy Valley and then they shut up the bunch from Central.  I was beginning to think there were only two teams in our conference.  Both of them have been shooting off at the mouth since October.  They do have good teams, but enough is enough.

Good Luck to all District 1 teams next week in the first round of teh Regional tournament.

825587649[/snapback]

Enough will be enough when next year rolls around and we don't have to put up with you on here.

Central hasn't said anything about Volunteer even when they waxed the floor with Volunteer on your senior night. The only thing that was said was about how good Volunteer's younger players played and how it should be some good games in the future.

brock20,

From the coaching staff and players, we say job well done for the Cougars, Blue Devils, and Warriors. thumb All four teams deserve to be in the regionals and hope everyone does well next week from District I. All four teams from District II are not to be taken lighty. Records go out the window in the regionals. Look at Unaka if you need proof. 19-13 at the end of regular season. Then they went undefeated during the playoffs (9-0) and won the state title. It can be done if you BELIEVE!!!!! Good Luck to everyone from District I A, AA, and AAA next week. May all teams from everywhere be safe from injury. Hope Big man Carroll from the Valley gets better and plays next week!!! GOD BLESS!!!!

:D

Hightop, were are you coming from. I wasn't bragging about anything. I was being thankful about something.

Brock20, have you not been reading all the talk on CoachT from the Central and Happy Valley people. No all of it has not been so kind. Maybe some of you have been, but not all or even, in my opinion, a majority of you. Some people open their mouths too much and when it comes time to eat those words they do not like how the words taste. Besides some of the comments have been about someone close to me and that I love, so yes, I might have a tendency to gloat a little bit when some of those who are talking do not live up to their self proclaimed billings.

So what if Carroll sat out most of the game. He was not having a very good game anyway and was in foul trouble. We had two players out who have been playing a lot. With attrition, we are at the bottom of our barrel, not the barrel, talent wise. We only had six players who played against Happy Valley. With all the talent the Happy Valley people have been bragging about, they should not have missed Carroll at all.

When you only have one senior and one junior, it is tough. Expirence goes a long way at tournament time. So, yes, I was proud of our team last night. They played their butts off. You can try to cheapen it by talking about Carroll not playing, but you will not succeed. Surely, Carroll did not make 18 points difference. Besides, you play with what you have got.

I hope your fan who does not like to watch Jacob Frazier play stayed at home. He needs to stay at home during the first round of the Regional because Jacob will be playing.

Edited by CHHS72

brock20,

From the coaching staff and players, we say job well done for the Cougars, Blue Devils, and Warriors.  thumb  All four teams deserve to be in the regionals and hope everyone does well next week from District I. All four teams from District II are not to be taken lighty. Records go out the window in the regionals. Look at Unaka if you need proof. 19-13 at the end of regular season. Then they went undefeated during the playoffs (9-0) and won the state title. It can be done if you BELIEVE!!!!! Good Luck to everyone from District I A, AA, and AAA next week. May all teams from everywhere be safe from injury. Hope Big man Carroll from the Valley gets better and plays next week!!! GOD BLESS!!!!

:D

825587701[/snapback]

Stokomo one small correction Unaka was 13-13 when the went 10-0 to win it all.