AAA Miss Basketball

enigma

I haven't seen the clark girl play, and i am assuming that is is very talented. but i have seen lyons, and mcmahan play and they are both very talented. however there was a post earlier that said something along the lines of "clark is the most dominant player in the state lyons being second. although i haven't seen clark play i have seen lyons and mcmahan, and i am not taking anything away from clark , but i doubt she is more dominant than mcmahan. and lyons might be second but she is second behind mcmahan. Cait is definetly the most dominant player in the state. the two others might be averaging more points than her (or they might not be) but she is all around player and she is scoring 21 points a game on a team that has three or 4 girls averaging in double figures or close, and she leads the knoxville area in assits and steals scoring. That being said i am sure that all three girls are very deserving of the miss basketball award but i feel that mcmahan will recieve it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not doubting any other players like cait or anything but clark is all around a great player. She scores all of her points while being double or tripled teamed. not only that but she opens the doors for the rest of her team mates to score more points. She causes alot of turnovers when she presses. I think she is a great player all around. Thats my opinion.

I haven't seen Cait play but evidently she's good. Clark's the best in the Mid-state area, and is usually referred to as automatic double-double which is why most are calling her the most dominant. She just controls the paint, and anytime you can control the paint you control the game.

I have seen Cait stopped and I have yet to see anyone stop Clark "with half the team on her." Just ask some of the teams the Lady Bears have played so far this season. Two differnet kind of players and not saying anything bad about Cait.

825524251[/snapback]

THE MISS BASKETBALL AWARD SHOULD GO TO THE PLAYER WHO CARRIES HER TEAM INTO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Sha Brooks needs to be a TOP consideration. She is being heavily recruited by Florida along with her teammate Amber Penn. The HEAD Coach, Carolyn Peck, flew in Friday night just to see those two girls. A Head coach doesn't make a non-stop flight on a private jet to see a player if they are not GOOD!

Pat Head Summit has offered her. It happened her Soph year(last year). Several players from UT (lady vols) have talked about going to see her play. She is top notch all the way around. She is not real tall. Like 5'7", or around it. I have seen her play. She is by far the best girl I've seen play in 5 years. She should receive Miss Basketball 2005, but I agree the player that leads her team to the finals or close should get it.

MVP of the Greene County Ladies Classic ~ Alysha Clark!

Clark, Lyons, and McMahan all played in the tournament. I was also at the tournament and watched all three play in several games. The general thought among people I spoke with (from many different schools) was that CLARK was obviously the most dominate player in the tournament and the state. This was also the opinion of several people who have seen McMahan and Lyons play in games other than the Ladies Classic.

Edited by ballfan