Clarksville Northeast

stovepipe

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question for you all, was it not somewhat interesting? tempers get flared up in matches and sometimes they end up that way like ya'll havent seen it in the practice room and other places. I don't see his little incident doing anything bad to the sport, there are fights in hockey, basketball, baseball etc...... do ya'll think differently about these sports because of a fight or two. I know that I don't in reality it adds to the excitement. thats my opinion SO DEAL WITH IT! :D

question for you all, was it not somewhat interesting? tempers get flared up in matches and sometimes they end up that way like ya'll havent seen it in the practice room and other places.  I don't see his little incident doing anything bad to the sport, there are fights in hockey, basketball, baseball etc...... do ya'll think differently about these sports because of a fight or two.  I know that I don't in reality it adds to the excitement. thats my opinion SO DEAL WITH IT! :D

825566777[/snapback]

As a coach don't think I wouldn't deal with it!!! Just because others do something don't make it right. Wrestling is the only true sport you can be as aggressive as you want to be so long as you can control your self. IMO the fight is what makes wrestling the greatest sport of all (with-in the rules). What would the outcome have been if that energy was left on the mat? If my athletes come of the mat with that much energy left they did not give everything they had. I'm not saying they should be ok with getting beat simply control the anger until next time. What happens in the practice room stays in the practice room. We don't air dirty laundry in public. Not worth risking suspension and possibly missing the next date.

Edited by Coach R

question for you all, was it not somewhat interesting? tempers get flared up in matches and sometimes they end up that way like ya'll havent seen it in the practice room and other places.  I don't see his little incident doing anything bad to the sport, there are fights in hockey, basketball, baseball etc...... do ya'll think differently about these sports because of a fight or two.  I know that I don't in reality it adds to the excitement. thats my opinion SO DEAL WITH IT! :lol:

825566777[/snapback]

So I guess if Kenny were to punch his opponent this weekend in the semifinals you would be OK with it because it added excitement??? Probably not. No it was not interesting, it was sad. We all witnessed a great wrestling tournament, but what sticks out the most? A fight.

probably half of you people on this website have never even stepped a foot on a wrestling mat to compete, most are silly parents who voice their opinions on off the wall subjects. yeah and if kenny did punch his opponent it would be exciting, would it not. and i don't believe its some black mark, the only reason it is talked about is because of suckers like ya'll. in reality its ppl like ya'll that make situations like this a black mark on the sport. and what sticks out the most is when you choose to stick out the most, for example the thing that prolly stuck out most to the champions of the brentwood tournament was their matches in the finals their victory of the tournament not some silly fight that happened, heck everyone has seen a fight, i know it would be the first thing i'd think about. actually i'd probably think about that unstoppable 152 pounder from Mater Dei but thats my opinion. Ya'll need to understand that people get into fights in human nature, Is it not? how many of you have not ever been in some sort of fight or squabble? i would bet to say most people have been. and you should know that you usually can't control the time and place things happen, they just happen. UNEXPECTANTLY! like in michael ligons case where they opponent from brentwood had been saying unacceptable things to michael in the match and the referee didn't help stop the situation. so tempers flare things happen its in the past both boys are back on the mat and people like you are still wanting to talk about ridiculous things. Here is an idea find something better to talk about how about something positive about the sport maybe something that might build the sport up instead of quote un quote "tear the sport down" and ya'll would say and leave a black mark on it. well i've typed enough for right now. any questions or might i say COMMENTS just post and i will respond to them on saturday or sunday after i get back from chattanooga. good luck to everyone at state and GO MIDDLE TENNESSEE lets show them that chattanooga is not the only place where wrestling belongs.

probably half of you people on this website have never even stepped a foot on a wrestling mat to compete, most are silly parents who voice their opinions on off the wall subjects.  yeah and if kenny did punch his opponent it would be exciting, would it not.  and i don't believe its some black mark, the only reason it is talked about is because of suckers like ya'll.  in reality its ppl like ya'll that make situations like this a black mark on the sport. and what sticks out the most is when you choose to stick out the most, for example the thing that prolly stuck out most to the champions of the brentwood tournament was their matches in the finals their victory of the tournament not some silly fight that happened, heck everyone has seen a fight, i know it would be the first thing i'd think about. actually i'd probably think about that unstoppable 152 pounder from Mater Dei but thats my opinion.  Ya'll need to understand that people get into fights in human nature, Is it not?  how many of you have not ever been in some sort of fight or squabble?  i would bet to say most people have been.  and you should know that you usually can't control the time and place things happen, they just happen. UNEXPECTANTLY!  like in michael ligons case where they opponent from brentwood had been saying unacceptable things to michael in the match and the referee didn't help stop the situation.  so tempers flare things happen its in the past both boys are back on the mat and people like you are still wanting to talk about ridiculous things.  Here is an idea find something better to talk about how about something positive about the sport maybe something that might build the sport up instead of quote un quote "tear the sport down"  and ya'll would say and leave a black mark on it.  well i've typed enough for right now.  any questions or might i say COMMENTS just post and i will respond to them on saturday or sunday after i get back from chattanooga.  good luck to everyone at state and GO MIDDLE TENNESSEE  lets show them that chattanooga is not the only place where wrestling belongs.

825570400[/snapback]

You're right we should "prolly" have a boxing match at the same time so we could see the best of both worlds! Maybe even turn this thing into some ultimate fighting stuff. And besides I didn't know it was the referee's fault...totally different now! That makes it all better!