Temple and CCS

BrInGiToN

I agree, being from a Christian school means very little these days. Come to some of these "Christian" school's games, and you will see exactly what

I am talking about. The only difference between these games and what goes on at public schools is probably the prayer before the game. This is incredibly sad, but it is also very true.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> mtnman: "and to think most of the people on this thread are from Christian schools."

> mocballa3: "That really doesn't mean a thing -- if you know what I mean.

It's sad -- but true. "

Agreed. I've attended my fair share of b-ball games over the years - between CCS, Grace, Temple etc., and it amazes me that if the players and fans attending those games are Christians, then words spoken or actions done leave a lot to be desired. (Grace's behavior after winning last year's district championship is a case in point).

Where is true sportsmanship in sports today? Sadly, it is greatly lacking. If it isn't displayed at the Christian schools, then where will it be displayed?

I am not saying that fans can't cheer like crazy for their teams; that players shouldn't play their hearts out and leave it all on the floor; that competition shouldn't be intense. Not at all, but "Christian" players need to learn where to draw the line between being fierce competitors and jerks. Sometimes that is a fine line, but when things get focused on personal aspects of a single player (such as C. Skogen has received on previous posts), then the line has been crossed. Keep things focused on the teams, boys. Please, try to show some maturity and class on the court, and in these posts. Anonymity makes some of you bolder than you might be otherwise.

One final thought - it is still just a game.

Anonymity makes some of you bolder than you might be otherwise. 

One final thought - it is still just a game.

825528292[/snapback]

well said. I was speaking more of the comments on the board than the actions at games. Sports can bring out the worst in all of us. (and the best)

Hahahaha -tear-, that's priceless.

But enough with the trash talk.

What were the stats for the game?

825525558[/snapback]

all yall especially you justin hawkins, are canal pals. none of ya'll know what you are talking about--ya'll just sit around all day and talk on the internet because ya'll suk at basketball. as the great philosopher johnathan baxter said "yeah valley doesn't recruit, they are just a bunch of inbreed africans, with white guys who think they are africans"

"yeah valley doesn't recruit, they are just a bunch of inbreed africans, with white guys who think they are africans"

825528327[/snapback]

You my good man are as about as intelligent as the rest of the people that talk trash on here....

Let me know who you play for, that is IF YOU DO play, I would really like to chat with you about your intrests in Lookout Valley, I REALLY would.

But I'm out, I gotta go pick my fro.

I believe you make a good point, but i don't believe it is entirely thought thru. Tho you are correct in sayin that at times fans/ players get out of hand, it is not true the majority of the time. Saying that cheering for your school is "unchristian" is obsurd. I believe that puttin people down or saying things that you woulnd't say in person is wrong- but who is to say that all of these people go to christian schools, and if they do it is a few out of a few hundred. now would it be fair to say that just because i think one way my whole school agrees with me or acts the same way i do? of course not.

I play soccer and i have seen WORLD CLASS players that get "hurt" so bad that they have to come off the field in order to get a call... even if they weren't hurt at all. so do i believe it is perfectly possible that caleb could have been making a show- sure. do i think it happened? i really have no idea. i wasn't there and i didn't see the play so i have no room to judge. if he did get the call even if he didn't get hurt- good for him. he gained a tactical advantage, which is the whole point of sports. from my personal experience i do see caleb and others get some "weak" calls just because of their playing styles (driving to the basket hard) i believe that refs are imperfect and expect contact even when there is none.

so in the end does it matter whether or not he really was hurt? Temple won the game and Caleb is still one of the best players in the state (with or without cheap fouls) I look forward to the next Grace/ Temple game... Grace WILL make adjustments and it will be closer.

BTW- I GO TO GRACE AND THINK CLEARLY (whether i like temple as a team or not) thumb

all yall especially you justin hawkins, are canal pals. none of ya'll know what you are talking about--ya'll just sit around all day and talk on the internet because ya'll suk at basketball.  as the great philosopher johnathan baxter said "yeah valley doesn't recruit, they are just a bunch of inbreed africans, with white guys who think they are africans"

825528327[/snapback]

ok dude, SR35 obviously has no intelligence. I go to grace and feel like I need to apologize to all on coacht for having to put up with idiots such as SR35 and his little bank of "canal pals" (any insight on waht that exactly is?)

anyways, I read the thread where Justin Hawkins told some guy he was going to KILL HIM on the court, but I also remember that he was talking to some of his friends over here at Grace. You don't know the whole story, so don't make any comments on it.

Good post by gracekeeper, I have participated in countless games throughout my life, and as an athlete, I do what it takes to get the upper hand. If Caleb takes a dive and gets the call, then good for him. If I am the opposing team i hate it, but if i was on his team i would love him. He is a great player, and I dont think that anyone on this spread has argued against that.

As far as the Christian schools thing.....like my friend said, not all people think this way, i know that only a few can be seen and ruin a reputation, but most kids at grace, and im sure it is the same at ccs and temple, are not like this. Don't let a few ruin it for a lot of people. Sports do bring out the worst in people and for many that is the hardest place to keep their testimony.

SR35, please do everyone a favor and stay off of coacht, you obviously have some personal issues you need to deal with.

ok dude, SR35 obviously has no intelligence. I go to grace and feel like I need to apologize to all on coacht for having to put up with idiots such as SR35 and his little bank of "canal pals" (any insight on waht that exactly is?)

Good post by gracekeeper, I have participated in countless games throughout my life, and as an athlete, I do what it takes to get the upper hand. If Caleb takes a dive and gets the call, then good for him. If I am the opposing team i hate it, but if i was on his team i would love him. He is a great player, and I dont think that anyone on this spread has argued against that.

825529217[/snapback]

Yeah man, what is a ####? Must be some Temple thing.

Sorry, but I disagree with my boys with taking dives. I just could never bring myself to doing that. I know its a debated issue. My opinion is to just play the game, and keep the game moving as best as you can.

Hey to all my canal pals.