Test for steroids?

glovebox27

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should test wrestlers for sterioids and clean the sport up.  I know of one team that is taking muscle enhancers or steroids or somthing, not to name them.  But i think they shouldtest.

825526573[/snapback]

Let the sour grapes go. I know who you are referring too. However, let me be the first to tell you that Smyrna High does not endorse or use steroids. Every wrestler on our team is in a weight lifting class at SHS that makes them as strong as they are. Also, the gentlemen that you are referring too have an incredible work ethic and work out all summer long. We are sorry if their muscular physique offends you, but they put in lots of hard work to attain this.

Work harder, then someone will accuse you of taking steroids too. By the way, have you seen our 103 lber. There is proof that Steroids are not a regular part of our work out at SHS. Also, look at the Brother of Pher and Adam, Brian, skin and bones, but is an intense wrestler who is winning matches left and right this year.

I completely agree. Tests for all kinds of drugs should be randomly applied to all high school athletes. Whenever you see an entire team that's built like tree stumps you have to wonder if it's a coincidece...or a super weight training program. I doubt it.

A very dangerous supplement is creatine. It's legal, believe it or not. Medical science suspects people using creatine could face long term kidney damage. It should be banned.

Drug testing? Yes.

I think they should test wrestlers for sterioids and clean the sport up.  I know of one team that is taking muscle enhancers or steroids or somthing, not to name them.  But i think they shouldtest.

825526573[/snapback]

Are you kdding, do you know how much it cost to conduct steroid teste? If you think you know you may be wrong and its wrong to misjudge someone if you are. If on the other hand you are right, then report them to TSSAA, let all play and compete on an equal level.

Should test be conducted, sure I believe they should for drugs. If I remember right several teams in east tn do have a drug test policy.

But do I think its right to only test athletes, No. Even tho they do represent the schools, so does the Band, Cheerleaders, FFA, and all other groups, organizations that go out and rep. their school. All should follow the same guidelines to rep. their schools.

i agree with you pummelking. totally ridiculous and a waste of money because I think that there aren't many people that are using steroids.However a wrestler on my team works out three times a day and in the summer he pretty much lives in the weight room, i have never seen some one work so hard. If testing does occur it won't be until 10 more years is my guess.

825526573[/snapback]

wow are you a little upset about last nights match i mean you should have expected it...i am the middle of pher and adam and i have never seen them take anything except for there flinstone vitamins...there strength comes from pure determination and for anyone else on our team i am pretty sure that they are not on them either...that is almost a legitimate excuse for getting beat but you can find anouther excuse...you know how bad of a sport you are to try and spread things on here...how dumb...

Brian Dedmon 119 Smyrna High School

i agree with you pummelking. totally ridiculous and a waste of money because I think that there aren't many people that are using steroids.However a wrestler on my team works out three times a day and in the summer he pretty much lives in the weight room, i have never seen some one work so hard. If testing does occur it won't be until 10 more years is my guess.

825526624[/snapback]

i agree completely ost wrestlers dont take steriods but if someone accuses them of doin so i think they should be tested

Yeah, the whole steroid thing goes hand in hand with watching your weight.  A kid having to maintain a certain weight all year, yeah it makes sense to use steroids, they don't make you gain weight at all.  Give me a break!

825527395[/snapback]

It's an easy accusation to make. I have been accused of making excuses for losses before. I believe this ranks up their in the excuses category.