Tyler Smith

falconfan94

I AGREE WITH THE SMITH DOING GREAT IN KNOXVILLE.

DOES ANYONE NOTICE THAT UT BEAT FLORIDA LAST NIGHT AT FLORIDA I BET LITTLE DONAVAN (POOR MAN'S PATINO) WAS upset.. GO VOLS......TYLER SMITH CAN PLAY

WHERE IS THE MCSPORTSFAN OR WHAT EVER DONT YOU AGREE WITH ME. PEOPLE FROM LEWISBURG USUALLY KNOW EVERYTHING

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a chance to see tyler play every year since he has been in high shool and everyear he has steadily improvd but i haven't seen him play this year. I am not comparing him to lebron james by no means he is no were near that caliber but everyone said he needed to go to college a year or two and get his shot together but look were he is now

Guest catfish-hunter
I got a chance to see Tyler Smith the other night and his game has not improved since last season. He dominates the boards, but his shooting is still awful. He dominates AA basketball in Tennessee, but I have a strong feeling when he gets to Knoxville and starts playing against the SEC...things will be a little different for Mr. Smith. I sure hope Tyler improves his jumper, cause he struggles with it right now. Good Luck Tyler!

825528534[/snapback]

THANK YOU falconfan94!!! I have been saying this exact thing for the past two months. Tyler is a gifted athlete who can dominate a game inside based on talent alone, but please don't anybody try to convince me that he can actually shoot the rock. His outside game is a JOKE!!!

On the night I saw T.Smith play, his outside shooting had improved dramatically from last year. Barring injury he will contribute at UT as a freshman.

The vast majority of freshman, no matter how impressive at the high school level have to adjust to the college game. For example take Mike Jones, currently at Maryland. He won the McD's All America 3 point shooting contest two years ago. 15 games into his sophomore year his productivity in games is just starting to catch up to his potential. College ball is for learning and improving over a 4 year span. That's why teams that win the National Championship usually have senior leadership.

The verdict is out on what heights T. Smith will attain at the D1 level. Much of it will have to do with how hard he is willing to work and strength of character. He certainly has the God given abilities to attain alot. One thing for sure is that all Tennesseeans should be pulling for him no matter which high school program you are loyal to.

LOL!!  Do you idiots realize that Tyler is shooting just under 50% from 3 land this year??  Go to more than one game before jumping on Coach T and making yourself look ignorant...

825528545[/snapback]

Hey, its really easy to shoot horse shots in a game, that's shots where people leave you all by yourself! He does not have a good enough shot from outside to really be able to help UT next year. His game is better suited for inside/ post play and at that level he will be undersized. Ya'll all need to remember, that in the SEC everyone of those guys who play come out of high school with the hype, and the talent that Tyler has. It's not like his will be in a class all to his own. If they don't redshirt him, then he will probably average around 8 pts and 5 reb. per. He could average more, but that will be determined on how hard he WORKS, cause up there he will actually have to attend class, which he doesn't do at Giles Co. and he will have to work in practice which he isn't pushed to do at Giles Co. It will be a different world for him up there. Good luck to him at UT.

HOW DO YOU KNOW? DO YOU GO TO OUR SCHOOL? IF YOU DO I BET NOT FIND YOU! YOU DON'T KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT TYLER SLOB! SHREDDED CHEESE

825528745[/snapback]

Hey besides dude, I am not blasting ur boy, I have been around college basketball before myself and I am just telling the thruth. Tyler is a very gifted athlete, but he just like everyother athlete around has things that they need to work on. His just happens to be his outside shot. So get your panties out of a wad and chill.

I have seen Tyler play this year and He Has improved......His shot is better than years previous.  I have been following Tyler shince he was a freshman going to a couple of his games a year, I am not a Giles Co. homer I am not even from Pulaski. However I do think Tyler will contribute early at the next level. Let me list you two players I have seen on a high school floor that he is better than.

Vincent Yarbough (did he have to redshirt in Knoxville)

Ron Mercer -AND YES TYLER CAN TAKE CONTROL OF A GAME AND PUTS OUT BETTER THAT MERCER

Do not be a one game judge, you have to go watch him against great talent. He is a money player.

825528571[/snapback]

I played against Vincent Yarbrough and saw him play in high school and college he was not even the best player on the team his senior it goes back to star power,now I have never seen Tyler smith play I hope to make it to the game TUesday and I will respond next week