Father Ryan vs MBA?

lovetowrestle

IRISHDAD maybe you could help me out on the truth about the Irish and MBA wrestling 3 times in the final week and half or is this a misprint on the schedule.  It would be exciting for them to wrestle in the "pit" and then MBA, but I dont know how it would work wrestling 3 times.

825529019[/snapback]

we do have the Big Red scheduled three matches in a row....it is good to wrestle hard in preparaion for state...I cannot comment further than that....as always I have the greatest respect for the Coaches Atheletes and Parents from MBA and I wish them good luck when we meet ..Becuz my Irish will be locked and cocked and ready to rck......look for a great battle at 71 Bateman and Turks should be a good one.. ...I do believe that they all will be a fight but 71 should be a fight !!!!!!!

Edited by irishdad

IRISHDAD maybe you could help me out on the truth about the Irish and MBA wrestling 3 times in the final week and half or is this a misprint on the schedule.  It would be exciting for them to wrestle in the "pit" and then MBA, but I dont know how it would work wrestling 3 times.

825529019[/snapback]

Just my guess , but probably to avoid having any wrestlers barred from the State Tournament. This way if any of them gets an unsportsmanlike conduct call on them they won't have to scramble to find an opponent, so the penalty will be served. I think they have to sit out one or two dates. In my humble opinion this is GENIUS on Coaches' part. Take your best roster to State, not back ups. I am not saying this is the only reason its' scheduled, but perhaps a secondary reason.

Just my guess , but probably to avoid having any wrestlers barred from the State Tournament. This way if any of them gets an unsportsmanlike conduct call on them they won't have to scramble to find an opponent, so the penalty will be served. I think they have to sit out one or two dates. In my humble opinion this is GENIUS on Coaches' part. Take your best roster to State, not back ups. I am not saying this is the only reason its' scheduled, but perhaps a secondary reason.

825538506[/snapback]

Or behave and not get an unsportsmanlike call made against you. just a thought.

825538506[/snapback]

They are not the only teams that schedule matches like that. It does make sense. Ryan has had a wrestler ejected from the duals in the past. He was favored to win the state but was not allowed to wrestle. With two dates scheduled between duals and individuals, the two date suspension would be served. The best team would be able to compete at the individuls.

Edited by CoachDelgado

They are not the only teams that schedule matches like that.  It does make sense.  Ryan has had a wrestler ejected from the duals in the past.  He was favored to win the state but was not allowed to wrestle.  With two dates scheduled between duals and individuals, the two date suspension would be served.  The best team would be able to compete at the individuls.

825544472[/snapback]

definately not the classiest team

I just had to bring this topic back to the forefront. After the ejection Saturday, these two dates, Mon 2/7 and Tue 2/8, count as the ones that the Ryan wrestler has to sit out. Looks like he should be eligible for the state. So, anyone have the score from tonight's match? I suppose that it would have been mostly, if not all, JV wrestlers going at it.

Edited by CoachDelgado