Contenders for State

clarksvillesman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minwell©, Weakly©, Johnson®, Cox(K), Walsh(K), and Garza(K) should all place in state easily.

825540406[/snapback]

Nothing is easy about placing in state. Making a statement like that discredits those who do place. The work and effort required by these athletes is anything but easy. Give them the credit they deserve. Though I believe these young men all have the ability to place, if and when they do, it will not be because it was easy. It will be because they worked hard to do it!

(footsweeptakedown @ Jan 28 2005 - 07:20 AM)

Nothing is easy about placing in state.  Making a statement like that discredits those who do place.  The work and effort required by these athletes is anything but easy.  Give them the credit they deserve.  Though I believe these young men all have the ability to place, if and when they do, it will not be because it was easy.  It will be because they worked hard to do it!

To place in state is one thing, to take it all is another matter. Nothing worth anything BIG comes easy, but it can appear that way.... after the long road of preparation is complete. This is why Nick Bundy's accomplishments from last year were so sweet!! thumb[1].gif What heart!!! Blood, sweat and tears (usually a little luck, but not here) was a major part of this great story and we saw this all over those mats at 112 lbs last season. Bond Davis will have to break through a real barrier or he could go down as one of the greatest blah, blah, blah... (He will usually adjust to all oponents he loses to though).

It's not easy, and won't be this year either (except perhaps at 119, 125, 140, 145, 215 D-2 and 112, 125, 189 D-1 because of lots of hard work and prep.)!!

soms

Edited by Sommers

does montgomery central not have one that will be a contender to go to state.

825541112[/snapback]

Shingler 171 is going to be real tough in region 7 especially with four of the top six ranked plus DCHS and yourself. this should be an interesting region good luck to all 13 days and counting. Also your 35 lber I belive should have a decent shot at a trip to McKenzie.

• 2 weeks later...

What about 215? We all know Brooks is a lock. I'm really not familiar with any other wrestlers in this weight class. Can someone give me the names of some of the people who will be competing in this class?And 152 what does it look like. H-ville is always solid. so are all the clarksville schools. Some one please enlighten me.

Also, I happen to live in White House and although i typically follow football, how come white house doesnt even get mentioned on these boards. I know they have a few solid wrestlers, morrell in 152(solid contender for state), wood in 171(another solid contender for state), and barrett in 215(who by the way has only lost twice in his first year with over 20 wins,18 pins)to be specific. Not complaining just curious of why W.H. isnt getting any air-time, thats all. thumb

What about 215? We all know Brooks is a lock. I'm really not familiar with any other wrestlers in this weight class. Can someone give me the names of some of the people who will be competing in this class?And 152 what does it look like. H-ville is always solid. so are all the clarksville schools. Some one please enlighten me.

Also, I happen to live in White House and although i typically follow football, how come white house doesnt even get mentioned on these boards. I know they have a few solid wrestlers, morrell in 152(solid contender for state), wood in 171(another solid contender for state), and barrett in 215(who by the way has only lost twice in his first year with over 20 wins,18 pins)to be specific. Not complaining just curious of why W.H. isnt getting any air-time, thats all. thumb

825557569[/snapback]

Brooks isn't a lock! he is ranked third now! There are 6 young men who will be in the hunt for that Championship. Nick Reveiz a JR is the top ranked 215.

1. Nick Reveiz (Farragut)

2. John Sively (Bradley)

3. Matt Lettner (Soddy)

4. Stanley Brooks (Dickson Co.)

5. Shane Langford (Cookeville)

6. Uri Hansen (Ridgeway)

Edited by rigger101