District 11A

Unionvegas

This years tourney should be something to see. The standings are back and forth and there is no clear cut favorite to win the Tourney. Here is how I see the teams going into the tourney. I know they have games left but if the tourny were tommorow here is my opinion of the top 5.

1. Cornersville- I know they are not going to be seated first but I have said all year that they are my dark horse to win it all. They have the best coached team in the tourney and I believe will win the tournament. Also they are peaking at the right time, two huge wins over Moore County and Richland.

2. Forrest- Good young team that gets better every week. I think they are also going to be playing thier best ball at tourney time.

3. Moore County- Although the tourney is at Motlow this is still thier home court. I do not know what has happened to this team of late but they are not playing good ball at all. After beating Cascade early in the year by 30 they escaped with a win from Cascade last week by 10. I do not know what happened but since the Eagleville win at home (and they did not play well) they have lost three straight at home (where they hardly ever lose.) a one point win at Marshall County and a narrow win at Cascade. The bad thing is they still have to travel to Richland, Forrest, and Eagleville. They are the best team in the tourney but if they continue to play like they are 3rd will be all they can achieve.

4. Richland- This team has had and is having a good year. However I think once the bullseye was put on there back they began to struggle. They may have peeked a little early I see them about fourth place.

5. Huntland- Getting better may make a run at the regiong tourney but could fall a little short.

Now this is how I see it. Once the season is over and the seatings are in I will know more. good luck and you may begin to blast me.

BTW. To whomever it was that said they disagreed that Coach Sanders is not a good coach all I can say to you is "YOU ARE NUT"S"

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unionvegas, Give my ladies from Cascade a little credit. They took your #2 pick that is improving every game to double overtime last Friday. They led the entire game only to miss 8 freethrows in the fourth that should have put them away. Credit to Forrest for getting the win but Cascade deserves some credit. As for the Moore Co. game yes they are struggling, but again maybe Cascade is getting better. They blew the game at Richland and lost by 4, lost to Eagleville by 2, and we will see how they do against Huntland (who they beat) tomorrow; but the test will be when Cornersville comes to Wartrace. I am not going to be stupid and make a prediction that I in no way control but do not be surprised if these girls knock off one of the top 4.

Lillte Stimey,

What you say makes perfect since. Here is what I know. I live in MS therefore I have only seen Cascade play once this year and that was at Coffe County. They looked terrible they no gaurds at all. When tourny time comes they will face press after press and I think they will struggle. But you are right they seem to be getting better and could very well make it to region

p.s. Since I did make prediction did they make stupid? ;)

No, I do not mean that the predictions you made were stupid, in fact I enjoy reading them. I just mean that I would be stupid to predict a particular game in which they would win. I do agree the press has give them trouble all year, but they do seem to be handling it a little better. It would really depend on the seating they get come tourney time and whether the guards can handle the pressure and get some points. Just to make the region would be a great step after last year's let down. Other than two years ago, I do not remember the last time they made the region.

Eagleville has played so many games that were ended on last second shots and went into overtime and haven't one won of those yet. I think teams like that are always dangerous come tournament time. Richland is finally starting to show that they have been a little overhyped. Their record was definatly great, but they were playing over their head. Cornersville looks to be playing the best ball getting close to tournament time.

Vegas,

You are right Coach Landers is one of the best coaches in the state. Cornersville is the team that has worried me all year. I watched them play before the season at Shelbyville's play day and they looked more talented than last years bunch. They seem to be peeking at the right time. The next few weeks will tell if they will continue to gain momentum or go into the tank down the stretch.

I think Chapel Hill is a good young team but they also have been over hyped.

I also agree with your statement about Richland. They are way over hyped and have stumbled under the pressure of being the hunted instead of the hunter. Time will tell if the stumble becomes a crumble.

Huntland has folded like a house of cards.

Cascade's guards are improving but still have a ways to go. If that genius of a coach would let Bunn touch the ball 40 times a game they might be a team to deal with down the stretch and in the tournament. How do you have one of the best post players in Single A and she only touches the ball about every 7 or 8 trips down the floor. Like Bobby Knight said about Dale Brown as long as She's coaching everybody has a chance. :blink:

Now to the Raiderettes. Not so fast my friend! Don't sail them down the river just yet. They are still the most talented team in the district hands down. They are going through some first year growing pains with Coach Tipps and the new system. But don't be suprised if we get the wheels back on and make a big run down the stretch and during the tournament. Remember what they always say the Cream always rises to the Top. :D

Edited by Lynchmob

dkoons52,

I can tell you this that 2 years ago Coach Landers did one of the best coaching jobs I've seen lately at the district tournament. He took Moore County that finished in the top 4 in the state to the wire. Anyone who knows anything about basketball can tell from watching his offense and his defensive schemes that the guy can flat out coach.

Having said all of that I am not taking anything away fromt the players because they are the ones who have to play the game. But I will say this they layed down on him last year. They were better than their record last year.

Personally you may not like the man but that has nothing to do with his coaching ability. Speaking of hurt feelings you must of had yours hurt when he didn't play your kid. B)