Temple downs Pickett. Co.

Grace Golden Eagles

Well i have to say i was wrong about this game. Temple has an outstanding team, and they did outplay the cats tonight. Now as the officiating goes, anytime you travel from your area and play in a different area the officiating is always gonna favor the home team for sure, but i dont think they had a factor in the game. I will say one thing, the dunk at the end of the first half, although nice, it was a walk, well not in the NBA but in high school it was. That could have been the key play in the game cause it just seemed to fire up Temple more and took alot out of the Cats, so if that would have been called different the outcome may have been the same. Nonetheless, Temple was the better team in this one, hopefully will get a rematch in the boro, if not then maybe you guys will come to Byrdstown next season and play.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go -- living in the past again.

Ok, we all know you all got your silver ball and Temple has their two gold ones, so, let's forget about what was and look at what is, please.

825543407[/snapback]

sorry old timeballer

is caleb even big enough to play in the SEC i know some one said erlier that they have seen smaller but did those players that were smaller than caleb is go anywhere?

how much does he weigh? and how much does he bench?

Well i have to say i was wrong about this game.  Temple has an outstanding team, and they did outplay the cats tonight.  Now as the officiating goes, anytime you travel from your area and play in a different area the officiating is always gonna favor the home team for sure, but i dont think they had a factor in the game.  I will say one thing, the dunk at the end of the first half, although nice, it was a walk, well not in the NBA but in high school it was.  That could have been the key play in the game cause it just seemed to fire up Temple more and took alot out of the Cats, so if that would have been called different the outcome may have been the same.  Nonetheless, Temple was the better team in this one, hopefully will get a rematch in the boro, if not then maybe you guys will come to Byrdstown next season and play.

825543764[/snapback]

i hope temple can go to byrdstown next year too.

When I think of Caleb Skogen playing SEC basketball I'm not thinking Kentucky or Florida, I'm thinking Ole Miss or maybe Vandy. There is no doubt that he could play for either of those teams. He wouldn't start his freshman or sophomore year, but come on, there are some McDonald's All-Americans that don't start their freshman years. Another argument I've heard is that he's too skinny. That really doesn't make a difference at all. I've seen plenty of players that are just as skinny, if not skinnier, than Caleb. Besides if a coach wanted him to gain muscle they could always send him to the weight room. But why are we arguing about this point? He already signed.

825543248[/snapback]

Caleb couldn't play SEC ball. He puts up great numbers, but he's doing all this against single A teams. Reginald Delk and Tyler Smith are good examples of players who could play SEC ball.

Grace Golden Eagles let me answer for you because I'm pretty sure this is what you're going to say...'No, but it got us a silver ball. Temle didn't get a silver ball did they? We went further than Temple so that makes us better.' Even though Temple already had a silver ball, and a couple gold ones.

825543389[/snapback]

Nope that's not my reply. I just like bringing things up at times when people make stupid comments.Yes I know Temple has one silver ball, two gold balls, and a better tradition than Grace. Let's see both teams come out swinging Tuesday night. thumb

sorry old timeballer

is caleb even big enough to play in the SEC i know some one said erlier that they have seen smaller but did those players that were smaller than caleb is go anywhere?

how much does he weigh? and how much does he bench?

825543766[/snapback]

Size, while important, is not something that would stand in the way of a player playing major D-I ball. Look at Derek Raivio of Gonzaga. He is 6-3 and weighs 160 ( a very skinny guy), but is still a prominent point guard out west. O, and before someone goes crazy on me, I am not comparing Skogen's and Raivio's abilities, or saying that Caleb could play in the SEC, but I am merely contrasting their height and weight. If a player has the ability, height and weight will not hinder him from playing at the next level.

Edited by DuckO4s

Size, while important, is not something that would stand in the way of a player playing major D-I ball. Look at Derek Raivio of Gonzaga. He is 6-3 and weighs 160 ( a very skinny guy), but is still a prominent point guard out west. O, and before someone goes crazy on me, I am not comparing Skogen's and Raivio's abilities, or saying that Caleb could play in the SEC, but I am merely contrasting their height and weight. If a player has the ability, height and weight will not hinder him from playing at the next level.

825543775[/snapback]

Good point. Anybody heard of Tayshaun Prince? Weighs like 180 and he's 6'7". I just don't see Skogen having the means to play in the SEC though.

Good point. Anybody heard of Tayshaun Prince? Weighs like 180 and he's 6'7". I just don't see Skogen having the means to play in the SEC though.

825543790[/snapback]

i guess i would have to see him play with some high school players that are for sure SEC quality, then i would make my decision but everything else is just opinions

825543775[/snapback]

yes while you are trying to prove your point in all of this, i hope you understand that Gonzaga is a mid-major, not major-D1 ball...

Mid-Major Poll

if you try and argue, there it is, gonzaga is a mid major