Davidson Academy-DCA

redbaron515

It could be just me....but Im feeling Davidson Academy is gonna come out on top in this one. I was looking at the scores from the DCA games, and it shows that DCA have more problems with ranked teams(ranking from the coacht website). The majority of those games are single digit victiories. A couple are in double digits. 21-0 thus far is very impressive, but I think Tuesday night their will be a 1 in the loss column... :D

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be just me....but Im feeling Davidson Academy is gonna come out on top in this one. I was looking at the scores from the DCA games, and it shows that DCA have more problems with ranked teams(ranking from the coacht website). The majority of those games are single digit victiories. A couple are in double digits. 21-0 thus far is very impressive, but I think Tuesday night their will be a 1 in the loss column... :D

825542841[/snapback]

LOL

First of all, DCA isn't undefeated, I had to get in this to say that. They have a 20 point loss to Harpeth Hall back in November...not sporting of them to discount that loss. But Harpeth Hall will have another shot at it later in February. So DCA is 21-1. redbaron, you might be right, but your logic is flawed. How can you dog a team for beating ranked teams closely when your team has barely sniffed a ranked team in their competition? In fact, your team lost to Friendship when DCA has 2 40+ point wins against Friendship...how many schools has your team played that were a quality division II team or a quality AA or AAA team?

Again, you might be right and I don't think that your guess should be laughed at. Davidson appears to be a very good team, though I have not seen them play yet. I saw DCA a week ago and they looked rough, but I also saw them over Christmas and they looked great. Davidson might have the upper hand because this game will be much bigger for them than it is for DCA, looking for a little legitimacy I would assume while it's just another non-district game for DCA. I don't think anyone should overlook a team like Davidson, probably going to be a sectional participant...but one team certainly has a lot more to play for than the other. Another loss may serve to refocus a very good DCA team. So maybe there will be a 2 in the loss column.

As redbaron stated, we'll see. It's good to believe in your team. And amusing, not ammusing. And...nice Metallica selection, one of their best.

Edited by HickoryHusker

First of all, DCA isn't undefeated, I had to get in this to say that.  They have a 20 point loss to <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a> back in November...not sporting of them to discount that loss.  But <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a> will have another shot at it later in February.  So DCA is 21-1.  redbaron, you might be right, but your logic is flawed.  How can you dog a team for beating ranked teams closely when your team has barely sniffed a ranked team in their competition?  In fact, your team lost to Friendship when DCA has 2 40+ point wins against Friendship...how many schools has your team played that were a quality division II team or a quality AA or AAA team? 

Again, you might be right and I don't think that your guess should be laughed at.  Davidson appears to be a very good team, though I have not seen them play yet.  I saw DCA a week ago and they looked rough, but I also saw them over Christmas and they looked great.  Davidson might have the upper hand because this game will be much bigger for them than it is for DCA, looking for a little legitimacy I would assume while it's just another non-district game for DCA.  I don't think anyone should overlook a team like Davidson, probably going to be a sectional participant...but one team certainly has a lot more to play for than the other.  Another loss may serve to refocus a very good DCA team.  So maybe there will be a 2 in the loss column.

As redbaron stated, we'll see.  It's good to believe in your team.  And amusing, not ammusing.  And...nice Metallica selection, one of their best.

825543756[/snapback]

Good post HickoryHusker. Im glad someone took my post somewhat seriously. I wasnt dogging DCA at all. I have the upmost respect for their program. I was stating that their wins over ranked teams were closer than unranked. DA is ranked 5th in Class A, and by DCA's schedule, it could be closer, or a different outcome than what everyone thinks. Also, I didnt know of DCA's loss to Harpeth...and I agree they shouldnt keep that of their record, but anyways.

I looked at similar opponents...and DA handled Ezell Harding fairly well, yet DCA beat them by only three. Also, FRA lost to DA by 10, while DCA squeeked by with a 2 point win. I will agree that DCA has played a very tough schedule, and I congratulate them on their season thus far. I have seen Davidson play a couple times and they showed good things. Quality inside game, and a very good point guard, who passes very well. Im just feeling Davidson Academy will pull this one out. If im wrong, im wrong. Just my opinion. Laugh at if you want.

DCA is a very aggressive team. They are in your face on defense which causes many teams alot of turnovers which turns into alot of fast break points for the Lady Wildcats. If Davidson Academy can handle the pressure that DCA will apply then they have a chance to win this game. Also, Davidson Academy will want to dictate the tempo of this game and not let DCA run. While DCA is very good in the half-court as well, I think they are tougher to contain in transition. If Davidson Academy does get them in the half-court game then they better hope the 3's aren't falling or DCA will blow them out of the gym that way. So, all in all, it's going to be a very tough battle for Davidson Academy to pull out the win, but considering DCA's struggles as of late, it is very possible for the Lady Bears to pull off the mild upset.

Not taking anything away from the Davidson ladies, but the two games you compared were two totally different situations. DCA playing FRA and Ezell to under five speaks volumes about the fierce competition in the Nashville "ABC" district. Those teams battle for everything in district play and they get up for every game where they are seen to be an underdog. Comparing Ezell girls to DCA girls, you would think it would be way DCA-lopsided, but anything can happen in big rival district games.

I am not saying that DCA will win or lose, personally I would like to be there for that one. I have seen DCA beat the stuffing out of several top notch programs. And I have heard that DA deserves the ranking they hold. But comparing the way DCA played against Ezell and FRA and the way DA played against the same two opponents is funny. It's two completely different situations.

Like I said, I would like to watch that one. Should be a good exhibition of girls' basketball.