TNT Middle School State Tournament

ptguard12

Spanarkle, What do you know about Beaver? I believe they are from your neck of the woods. Good luck Saturday.

They are about 5 miles south of us.They have a very good team. We were 11-5 this year and they beat us twice. Big strong and quick. They shoot the three well and can jump. They go 5'11,5'11, 5'10,6'0, and 6'1. Like to run the floor. They have the same size 8th grade as we do but requested to play up in classification. Can be beat though I think they have lost two games this year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanarkle, What do you know about Beaver? I believe they are from your neck of the woods. Good luck Saturday.

They are about 5 miles south of us.They have a very good team. We were 11-5 this year and they beat us twice. Big strong and quick. They shoot the three well and can jump. They go 5'11,5'11, 5'10,6'0, and 6'1. Like to run the floor. They have the same size 8th grade as we do but requested to play up in classification. Can be beat though I think they have lost two games this year.

825550165[/snapback]

Thanks! I knew they did not have that large an 8th grade class. They were beaten twice by Caywood and only by a few points. We have size(6'3,6'2,5'11) However our guards are small although quick. (5'6,5'4). My big kids weigh 190,170-and athletic. We have lost once with a tournament game tonight against Rutherford who beat us 56-54 once and we beat them 43-31 once as well. Who are their best , with my small guards I may have to junk them. I do not like playing all out zone all of the time. They sound much like us but bigger. Tough 1st round draw but I guess to win you got to beat someone good anyway.

[They can run all day. Guards are quick... They score more in transition than in a set offense. If you can rebound(blockout) you will be in the game. We just wasn't near strong enough to be able to physically match up with them even though we were almost as big. Good shooters from the outside. Will go 4 deep on the bench. You guys have beaten some pretty good teams this year haven't you? Should be a good test. Like you said you gotta beat the good ones to get there. Good Luck

[They can run all day. Guards are quick... They score more in transition than in a set offense. If you can rebound(blockout) you will be in the game. We just wasn't near strong enough to be able to physically match up with them even though we were almost as big. Good shooters from the outside. Will go 4 deep on the bench. You guys have beaten some pretty good teams this year haven't you? Should be a good test. Like you said you gotta beat the good ones to get there.  Good Luck

825550283[/snapback]

Thanks for the help. We have beaten some good teams. Some quick, some big. However none were big and quick. We sometimes get into bad habits of not blocking out because we are big. We won't get away with not blocking out Saturday.

They are undefeated this yr. They have two good 8th grade posts, and a 7th grader who can hold her on. There are about 5 or 6 guards who do very well. they play unionville tonight at 7. Should be a great game. They are Coached by Sherry Batten Jones who played at Shelbyville and Tenn Tech. What does livingston have and what is their record?

They are undefeated this yr. They have two good 8th grade posts, and a 7th grader who can hold her on. There are about 5 or 6 guards who do very well. they play unionville tonight at 7. Should be a great game.  They are Coached by Sherry Batten Jones who played at Shelbyville and Tenn Tech.  What does livingston have and what is their record?

825550824[/snapback]

They play tonight atLivingston Academy at 5:30 in Overton County.

I will report the score later.

Any info on Hilham( The home of the famous Coach Eldridge) We play them Sat. Any help would be app.

825548361[/snapback]

well hilham doesn't have a "load" of talent but they do have a alright post,but besides that they dont have much size.they suprise you if your not prepared,definately dont overlook them.

I almost forgot they play Rickman tomorrow i think around 7:00 at Livingston Academy Highschool in Overton County.

[ Thanks NC31. If you will can you post the score of the Rickman and Hilham game when you here it? We play in Carroll County with Huntingdon , Bruceton, West Carroll and Mckenzie. Went undefeated in the county this year, best team I have had in 10 years so I look forward to the TNT this time around. Only wish I knew a little more on Hilham. Do their guards handle pressure well? How big is that post? Again thanks for the info. Also are you from Overton Co.? If you are you should know Mark Eldridge and Lee Crowder. Went to college with those two.

825550074[/snapback]

Number 20# is there post.He is maybe 5'11.He scored 15 by around the four quarter.23# didn't score;22# score 5;14 scored 7;4 scored 3.Before final they played a 1-3-1;they also played a 1-2-2.In the first quarter it was 18-3.Rickman winning 40 -30,but they played all the bench starting the the second team in the 2 quarter.The at the half it was 26-6.At the end of the 3rd it was 36-19.They don't handle pressure.I know Mark. He is a good friend. thumb

They play tonight atLivingston Academy at 5:30 in Overton County.

I will report the score later.

825550845[/snapback]

They played hilham girls today.Hilham girls don't have a lot of talent .L.M.S. won 50-24.At the first quarter the score was 21-5.At the half it was 32-7.At the 3rd it was 44-13.L.M.S. is a good get the ball and go team.They are fast.Good shooters.Ok, in the post area .Thier posts are more of shooters than posts. thumb

Who do yall think will win it in the 2a brackett???

825550839[/snapback]

Tracy City boys have a very good shot at it. They are in the Finals in the James C. Hale tournament. But I don't know anything about any of the other teams. any info?

Ohh and Tracy City has beat Jasper 4 times this year by double digits each time, and I have seen them play twice, they have got good size and have a good point guard, Tracy just ran them up and down the court.