TNT Middle School State Tournament

ptguard12

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And once they're invited how are they classified?

We (Forrest) are a single A school in high school so I would figure we would have a similar classification in the tournament. But last year the girls won the AAAA class.

825548278[/snapback]

The teams are classified according to 8th grade enrollment. The larger the 8th grade class, the higher the classification. 4A is usually around 100 and up to around 125. It also depends on how many schools with similar 8th grade enrollments are invited. They supposedly try to even out the classifications with 9-10 from each. Our high school is single a but the middle school either competes at the 3a or 4a level in Springfield.

It is an invitational tournament. Teams are seeded by record.

Any info on Hilham( The home of the famous Coach Eldridge) We play them Sat. Any help would be app.

825548361[/snapback]

Spanarkle, I think Hilham elementary is in Overton County. If so, I bet they play Allons and Rickman. May even play Livingston Middle. Might be a start anyway.

Thanks. I talked with Allons coach. It is hard to compare teams esp. junior high. I know Allons is pretty tough every year.

825549147[/snapback]

Yes,they play all 3 in fact.Rickman and Allons are tyed as number one.L.M.S. is second and Hilham is third.

The best player is ,on hilhams team that is,is a pretty good post, and the guards are ok.I know they play a 2-3 on defense most the time,but yes, you are right it is very hard to compare junior high teams so watch out they might sneak up on your team and bring home a victory.

Yes,they play all 3 in fact.Rickman and Allons are tyed as number one.L.M.S. is second and Hilham is third.

The best player is ,on hilhams team that is,is  a pretty good  post,  and  the guards are ok.I know they play a 2-3 on defense most the time,but yes, you are right it is very hard to compare junior high teams so watch out they might sneak up on your team and bring home a victory.

825549330[/snapback]

I almost forgot they play Rickman tomorrow i think around 7:00 at Livingston Academy Highschool in Overton County.

I almost forgot they play Rickman tomorrow i think around 7:00 at Livingston Academy Highschool in Overton County.

[ Thanks NC31. If you will can you post the score of the Rickman and Hilham game when you here it? We play in Carroll County with Huntingdon , Bruceton, West Carroll and Mckenzie. Went undefeated in the county this year, best team I have had in 10 years so I look forward to the TNT this time around. Only wish I knew a little more on Hilham. Do their guards handle pressure well? How big is that post? Again thanks for the info. Also are you from Overton Co.? If you are you should know Mark Eldridge and Lee Crowder. Went to college with those two.