Loretto vs Summertown

mas1821

Loretto: 66

Summertown: 58

Top 3 Scorers for each teams:

Loretto: Jana Cross-25pts, Leah Stone-12pts, Sarah Brewer-12pts

Summertown: Emily Franks-16pts, Britney Lovett-15pts, Haley Lovett-8pts

Loretto was up by 14 w/ 15 seconds left.. Summertown hit a 3 then stole the ball and hit another 3 to cut the final to an 8 spot..

Good Game...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto: 66

Summertown: 58

Top 3 Scorers for each teams:

Loretto: Jana Cross-25pts, Leah Stone-12pts, Sarah Brewer-12pts

Summertown: Emily Franks-16pts, Britney Lovett-15pts, Haley Lovett-8pts

Loretto was up by 14 w/ 15 seconds left..  Summertown hit a 3 then stole the ball and hit another 3 to cut the final to an 8 spot..

Good Game...

825545679[/snapback]

Great game Loretto, take it to the rest of the state like that...you'll get a big trophy

I'll have to admit that I'm a little surprised by the outcome of this game. I figured Summertown would sweep their county rival this year, but I was wrong. I always knew that Loretto could win it but I figured it would be closer then it was. Congrats to Loretto on the win and to Jana Cross (25 against Summertown is impressive) on her great game.

I'll have to admit that I'm a little surprised by the outcome of this game.  I figured Summertown would sweep their county rival this year, but I was wrong.  I always knew that Loretto could win it but I figured it would be closer then it was.  Congrats to Loretto on the win and to Jana Cross (25 against Summertown is impressive) on her great game.

825545977[/snapback]

PTGuard 12 If Summertown does not get back to playing the team ball they did before Christmas , Collinwood will defeat them Friday night. I saw this game, I also saw the Perry Co, and Mt. Pleasant games, they simply have not played the type of ball as I saw them play early in the season. Apparently, Coach Willard has decided a two or three man team is better than a five man team. Why would he substitute a girl in the first minute and a half who is l for l6 in three point shots and has turnover after turnover in the last two games for a shooter like Long?Turnovers lost the Perry Co game, and if Mt. pleasant had anything at all they would have beaten them---who made the turnovers? I hope the team can regroup and have a good game against Collinwood who has a very good team. I

PTGuard 12 If Summertown does not get back to playing the team ball they did before Christmas , Collinwood will defeat them Friday night.  I saw this game,  I also saw the Perry Co, and Mt. Pleasant games, they simply have not played the type of ball as I saw them play early in the season.  Apparently, Coach Willard has decided a two or three man team is better than a five man team.  Why would he substitute a girl in the first minute and a half who is l for l6  in three point shots and has turnover after turnover  in the last two games for a shooter like Long?Turnovers lost the Perry Co game, and if Mt. pleasant had anything at all they would have beaten them---who made the turnovers?  I hope the team can regroup and have a good game against Collinwood who has a very good team.  I

825546638[/snapback]

Sometimes a coach substitutes to give a player a breather or to give the player a pointer or 2...NOT because he thinks the player is doing poorly and not necessarily because he thinks the person he is sending into the game is better. So, don't assume Coach Willard has decided anything. He has studied the game far longer and harder than many of you who atttempt to criticize him. I am sure he is well aware of the turnover situation. However, players are not equiped with remote controls on which he can manipulate the buttons. Therefore, turnovers and missed shots will always happen regardless of how dedicated and hardworking the coaches and players are.

Coach Williard will work out something. You can bet he will have them ready come tournament time. My only fear is that they may have peaked too soon. Maybe we all saw the best they had to offer back in early December when they were beating teams like Perry County, Mt. Pleasant, and Loretto. I guess we will have to wait and see, but the Collinwood game should give us a good insight into just how well this team can pull it together after 2 losses to their 2 biggest rivals.

This group will be fine. They have not peaked. For a team that plays lights out defense every day in practice and in every game, the tempo will sometimes get to ya. But, rest assured that when tourney time comes around, they will have what it takes. And the coach??? Well, he ain't to shabby when it comes tourney time either :o

Yet another game I wish I could see and won't be able to. I have girls on both Collinwood and Summertown that I admire and respect for their hard work. So, Good Luck To Both Teams For This Game And The Tourney.

kw

Sometimes a coach substitutes to give a player a breather or to give the player a pointer or 2...NOT because he thinks the player is doing poorly and not necessarily because he thinks the person he is sending into the game is better.  So, don't assume Coach Willard has decided anything.  He has studied the game far longer and harder than many of you who atttempt to criticize him.  I am sure he is well aware of the turnover situation. However, players are not equiped with remote controls on which he can manipulate the buttons. Therefore, turnovers and missed shots will always happen regardless of how dedicated and hardworking the coaches and players are.

825546757[/snapback]

I doubt that any one on this team needed a breather after a minute and a half. I know Coach Willard had a reason. As smart as he is, I doubt that he had time to detect any flow of the game in that amount of time. I did not mean to criticize him. He is the coach. I was just wondering why, in a losing game, he wanted a player in with more turnovers, a miserable shooting percentage, and less experience.

I'll have to admit that I'm a little surprised by the outcome of this game.  I figured Summertown would sweep their county rival this year, but I was wrong.  I always knew that Loretto could win it but I figured it would be closer then it was.  Congrats to Loretto on the win and to Jana Cross (25 against Summertown is impressive) on her great game.

825545977[/snapback]

Loretto played a great game, Jana Cross is a super player. I understand she was not feeling well last night. If she is any better when she is feeling good, I feel for the teams she is playing against.