Who is the top coach in 10-AA?

baller31187

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as coach carr continues to win the district, the region, 30+ games a season, and qualify for the state tourney there is no reason he shouldnt win it.

825548801[/snapback]

Well if recruiting players and playing a padded schedule to even reach the 30 win mark gets you qualified for the Coach of the Year award, then yeah... Carr wins without question.

Hey Itsgood,

Sounds like you are a little bitter. I mean the man wins 30+ last year and gets to the state tourney. Does it the year before and all players have come through the system. This year two players have come from other places but why can't you just quit complaining and play the game. I am sick of hearing Waverly and Harpeth fans moaning about the "so-called" recruiting this year at Cheatham. Play the game and if your team is good enough to win fine, if not don't say it's because someone is recruiting unless it's been proven. It sounds to me like Carr knows what he is doing and that makes him a winner. So, lets see who wins Friday night to settle this thing.

Hey ACL,

Ok, 30+ wins last year, but who did you play? Yeah, maybe 1 or 2 big name teams...but for the most part, no competition. And yes, you may have been to the 'Boro the past two years, but only to choke in the first round. Hmmm... sounds like if he was a good (great) coach, he would have prepared his team for the mental pressure and crazy atmosphere of state instead of losing 2 years in a row. Some kind of "winner" huh? Yes, Cheatham Co. has a lot of talent on their team -- a good coach would have gotten the most out of his players, and w/ the talent he has and the record of the team, he has not done his job. All I am saying about the players who "have come from other places" is that maybe they are a disruption to the REAL Lady Cubs. They might help; but I think personally, Cheatham Co. would have been much more successful w/out them. Since I don't play, I'll let the Lady Indians' TEAM speak for me Friday night... better bring your game.

Hey ACL,

Ok, 30+ wins last year, but who did you play? Yeah, maybe 1 or 2 big name teams...but for the most part, no competition. And yes, you may have been to the 'Boro the past two years, but only to choke in the first round. Hmmm... sounds like if he was a good (great) coach, he would have prepared his team for the mental pressure and crazy atmosphere of state instead of losing 2 years in a row. Some kind of "winner" huh? Yes, Cheatham Co. has a lot of talent on their team -- a good coach would have gotten the most out of his players, and w/ the talent he has and the record of the team, he has not done his job. All I am saying about the players who "have come from other places" is that maybe they are a disruption to the REAL Lady Cubs. They might help; but I think personally, Cheatham Co. would have been much more successful w/out them. Since I don't play, I'll let the Lady Indians' TEAM speak for me Friday night... better bring your game.

825549361[/snapback]

hahah your post is ridlicous take a look at the schedule they play obviously you haven't looked at it very carefully. If they have been to the boro the past 2 years that means that they have beat your harpeth team and everybody in the district as well as region and substate i dont think the region and substate games are cupcakes. Carr is far and above the best coach in the district but he more than likely wont win the district coach of the year this year b/c of the year harpeth is having a big win over harpeth friday could sway voters. You say cheatham aren't winners this team has been to state back to back years!! Who cares if they lost in the first round when is the last time the team you root for has sniffed anything other than regional play.

Will someone please define "Coach of the Year"? And can the votes not be based on PAST seasons? Who cares if he (excuse me, they b/c they are the ones who play) went to state two years in a row?! Whoever gets it, even Coach Carr, they are very deserving- this district is full of tremendous coaching talent... Good players need coaches for guides; great players only need them for motivation. I don't see him out there running, scoring, rebounding, etc; All I am saying is let the teams define coach of the year, not some sideline coach/fan who thinks going to state and losing two years in a row makes Carr a... what did ACL say... "winner"?

Edited by ITSgood