MOUNT PLEASANT TIGERS

MP STILL ON TOP OF THE DISTRICT AND REGION.CAN IT STAY THAT WAY OR WILL THE WAYNE COUNTY WILDCATS GIVE THEM A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY?I THINK PLAYING WAYNE COUNTY AT HOME WILL BE A BIG PLUS FOR THE TIGERS.PLUS AFTER A BIG WIN LIKE THEY HAD FRIDAY NITE OVER SUMMERTOWN AT SUMMERTOWN I EXPECT ANOTHER GREAT GAME BY THE TIGERS.THEY SHOULD BE PLAYING WITH GREAT CONFIDENCE GOING INTO THE WAYNE CO GAME.THE TIGERS PLAYED THEIR BEST GAME THE OTHER NITE AT SUMMERTOWN AND ARE JUST GOING TO KEEP PLAYING BETTER EVERY GAME NOW I BELEIVE.THEY HAD CONTROL OF THE STOWN GAME FROM THE TIP AND EXPECT THEM TO PLAY SAME WAY AGAINIST WAYNE CO.THEY OWE THE CATS A FEW MORE "L" IN THEIR COLUMN FROM YEARS BEFORE.I BET JUSTIN BRYANT IS ALREADY HAVING NITEMARES OF ADONIS DENNIS PUTTING THE CLAMPS ON HIM.LAST TIME HE HELD BRYANT TO ONE FIELD GOAL THE WHOLE NITE.

SO ALL YOU TIGER FANS IF YOU CAN COME OUT TO THE GAME AND WATCH YOUR TIGERS CLINCH THE DISTRICT WHEN THEY BEAT THE TAILS OFF THE WILDCATS..

MY PREDICTIONS TO THE GAME ARE

MP-72

WC-52

GO TIGERS thumb

Edited by basketball fanatic15 2001

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy to tell you what happened....the refs did a poor job. Plain and simple. Jay and Larry were both in foul trouble and didn't start the 4th quarter which is when WC took the lead. Not saying that thats the reason why MP went down but those 2 really could have helped a bunch. Thats ok though because MP is still #1!!! thumb :D

I was told in a post several days ago that I was crazy when I said MPHS only had 5 players and when they get in foul trouble they can be beat because they dio not have a bench. I don't doubt that the refs were a factor and they seem to get involved in most every game. MPHS has a very good team but until they win the big games, like tonight & they advance to the finals of the region & advance to the Sub State ..... they will continue to be regarded as a very talented team that makes an early exit in the tournament year after year!

12A District Finals - Wayne Co. vs S'Town

MPHS has a very good team but until they win the big games, like tonight & they advance to the finals of the region & advance to the Sub State ..... they will continue to be regarded as a very talented team that makes an early exit in the tournament year after year!

12A District Finals - Wayne Co. vs S'Town

825547700[/snapback]

How can you say that they usually make an early exit in the district.

Last year they were the second seed. They came in second in the district and lost in the semis in the region to the region champ.

This idea that they don't perform well in the postseason is false. They tend to end up where they belong or even better.

Edited by Tacoma

What i saw last night was what i have seen in every Mt Pleasant team in the last ten years. I bunch of athletes that play out of control and not smart. I do agree that Wayne County got a few calls but all of the charges where correct calls. Jamarcus was just ducking his head and going to the basket. You Mt Pleasant people are surprised and dissappointed because Wayne County is the first team all year to have the guts to step up and take some tough charges. Mt Pleasant is 100x more athletic than Wayne County but the cats are smarter.....Also, Coach Franks out coached Coach Boyd!!!!

Edited by RENO911

How can you say that they usually make an early exit in the district.

Last year they were the second seed.  They came in second in the district and lost in the semis in the region to the region champ.

This idea that they don't perform well in the postseason is false.  They tend to end up where they belong or even better.

825547892[/snapback]

MP was not the 2nd seed in the district tournament last year. They were the 4th seed who managed to get the District Player of the Year and the Coach of the Year with the 4 seed. Now I'm not saying Jamarcus and Coach Boyd were not deserving, because both are very good at what they do. I just wish someone would give credit where credit is due to Coach Franks. WC won the district last year and he got 0 votes for Coach of the Year--guess everyone was mad about Bryant moving to WC so they decide not to vote for him? What everyone forgets is how WC upset #2 in the state Culleoka in the Region the year before without Bryant in Franks' first year. The 'Cats were gonna be tough whether Bryant came or not--he just added another dimension to the already talented squad.

And MP didn't lose in the semi's to the region champs b/c WC put MP out of the region at MP last year and then went on to lose to S'town in the region champ. MP finished 4th in the season and 3rd in the district tournament.

It should be interesting to see how the vote for Player of the Year and Coach of the Year goes next Saturday the 12th when the district meeting is held at MP. Who knows how the coaches will vote this year????????

MP was not the 2nd seed in the district tournament last year.  They were the 4th seed who managed to get the District Player of the Year and the Coach of the Year with the 4 seed.  Now I'm not saying Jamarcus and Coach Boyd were not deserving, because both are very good at what they do.  I just wish someone would give credit where credit is due to Coach Franks.  WC won the district last year and he got 0 votes for Coach of the Year--guess everyone was mad about Bryant moving to WC so they decide not to vote for him?  What everyone forgets is how WC upset #2 in the state Culleoka in the Region the year before without Bryant in Franks' first year.  The 'Cats were gonna be tough whether Bryant came or not--he just added another dimension to the already talented squad.

And MP didn't lose in the semi's to the region champs b/c WC put MP out of the region at MP last year and then went on to lose to S'town in the region champ.  MP finished 4th in the season and 3rd in the district tournament.

It should be interesting to see how the vote for Player of the Year and Coach of the Year goes next Saturday the 12th when the district meeting is held at MP.  Who knows how the coaches will vote this year????????

825548187[/snapback]

Right on!!! I was confused last year ... I believe that Jamarcus is the best player in the district. He deserved it last year and this year but Coach Boyd getting the coach of the year was very confusing. I like coach Boyd and have nothing against him but how can you be the coach of the year when you have the most athletic team in the district and they finished 4th.

Enough about the past. You wildcat fans need to get over that stuff and focus on the present and future.

Back to the game last night. I was not able to attend the game, so I was wondering what happened to the Mt. Pleasant offense? They have been putting up a lot of points in the last 4 games, and they were held to 43 points last night. What gives? From what I can gather, there was some foul trouble last night by some starters.

Did A. Dennis get into foul trouble? How many points did he score? He has scored 51 points in the last three games, could he not get open last night? Could Jamarcus Webster not be effective in the post? The Tigers were led in scoring by the Webster twins? What percentage did the Tigers shoot? Is Wayne County defense that good? Someone please give some answers.

P.S.- Reno911, you seem to know alot about these two teams and coaches. You also make some big statements and accusations. You are obviously a wildcat fan, do you have some sort of inside track which provides you with such insight and information?