Big game tonite Jackson Northside @ Haywood

tomcat00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must have been another fluke. Haywood beat Northside by 12 instead of 10 this time. Two flukes in a row against Northside. Haywood gets so lucky against these guys. Or just maybe, that first EXHIBITION game was the fluke. Dell Coleman came out really hot for Northside. He had the first 9 points of the ball game, and kept scoring as well. But, although Haywood was down double figures early, they stepped it up to tie it at the half. They got down 7 early in the 3rd, but were up 8 at the end of the 3rd, and led the rest of the way. Great game tonight.

825547555[/snapback]

Good job to Haywood. You know the stats for the game? Let me say once again....I did NOT say the first win was a fluke, dont know where yall keep gettin that from.

Good job to Haywood. You know the stats for the game? Let me say once again....I did NOT say the first win was a fluke, dont know where yall keep gettin that from.

825547575[/snapback]

I didnt say you said it was a fluke. Other people have said this time and time again that the big games we win were flukes. We took care of business tonite and came out with the victory 71-59. I dont want to hear anything about Richard not playing. We beat the team they put on the floor. And for the record, the Tomcats havent counted either the win or the loss. It seems as some one has pinned the loss on us and didnt give us the win. Our official record the team has is 20-3. I wish coacht would correct this. Also the AP poll listed us with 4 losses and didnt count the win in that either.

I didnt say you said it was a fluke.  Other people have said this time and time again that the big games we win were flukes.  We took care of business tonite and came out with the victory 71-59.  I dont want to hear anything about Richard not playing.  We beat the team they put on the floor.  And for the record, the Tomcats havent counted either the win or the loss.  It seems as some one has pinned the loss on us and didnt give us the win.  Our official record the team has is 20-3.  I wish coacht would correct this.  Also the AP poll listed us with 4 losses and didnt count the win in that either.

825547633[/snapback]

How did Liggens and Vanardo do tonight? Why didnt Richard play did he get hurt or not play at all?

How did Liggens and Vanardo do tonight? Why didnt Richard play did he get hurt or not play at all?

825547654[/snapback]

[/quote

Varnado played well was tough on the boards and blocked some shots as usual. Lee didnt shoot the ball well because he was bothered by Reginald's length. Singleton played well had multiple dunks and Craig Harris played well also. Richard twisted his ankle in practice yesterday from what I heard.

maybe yall do match up better just not in my opinion. nobody really matchs up good with 2 6'5" gaurds. Lee Liggins could have been red hot and yall wouldnt have beat us by 20+. You really think one guy can take you from losin by 5 to blowin us out by 20? Why is it that everytime Bolivar shuts a player down he had an off night rather than just havin good defense played against him?? Not tryin to be cocky but their aint a team in the state that can beat us by 20 with the type of offense we play. ball control= low scoring close games.

825547276[/snapback]

Bolivar slow pace, close game got them beat by 17...almost 20.....and bolivar didnt shut Lee Liggins down....most of his shots he took he was wide open......they was rimming off.

825548041[/snapback]

why are you tryin to come with excuses as to why you lost games that long ago? you need to just enjoy your win over northside, somethin we couldnt do, and get over us. whenever someone doesnt score their average against us they just had an off night and our defense had nothing to do with it......right! most of his shots were not wide open either. i aint knockin him he is a good player, one of the best in west tn, but you just need to accept reality, defense had somethin to do with it.

I told you we wouldnt lose by 20...it had me nervous though.

Here are some my thoughts on the game as being apart of North Side's grad assistant. NS was without Richard Delk who is a very vital part of the team. North Side has no bench to begin with and without Richard the bench is reduced to below nothing. With two minutes left in the game, NS was down by two with the ball, and Mr. Oil of Olay ref thought up a false traveling call while Reginald was drving to the basket. My favorite was the ref giving Coach Hill a technical for saying (and I quote) "That was a Rudy Pooh call!" I have heard coaches say much worse to refs and get nothing called. The refs were ridiculous last night, some of the worse that NS coaching staff has ever dealt with (although the refs for the state champ last year were worse. The refs called Reginald for traveling 6 times. I do not think that a senior who has signed with Miss. St. will travel 6 times in one game. WHile mind you at the other end Liggins and Singleton where doing the shuffle all night long under the basket with the referees I guess just picking their butts. I am not saying that Haywood is a bad team, but lets play that game again with Richard Delk and refs that are not biased either way, and we will see who wins.

Here are some my thoughts on the game as being apart of North Side's grad assistant.  NS was without Richard Delk who is a very vital part of the team.  North Side has no bench to begin with and without Richard the bench is reduced to below nothing.  With two minutes left in the game, NS was down by two with the ball, and Mr. Oil of Olay ref thought up a false traveling call while Reginald was drving to the basket.  My favorite was the ref giving Coach Hill a technical for saying (and I quote) "That was a Rudy Pooh call!"  I have heard coaches say much worse to refs and get nothing called.  The refs were ridiculous last night, some of the worse that NS coaching staff has ever dealt with (although the refs for the state champ last year were worse.  The refs called Reginald for traveling 6 times.  I do not think that a senior who has signed with Miss. St. will travel 6 times in one game.  WHile mind you at the other end Liggins and Singleton where doing the shuffle all night long under the basket with the referees I guess just picking their butts.  I am not saying that Haywood is a bad team, but lets play that game again with Richard Delk and refs that are not biased either way, and we will see who wins.

825549682[/snapback]

Hopefully Bradley will get to play you guys again in the State tournament.I know the team is hoping they get there and avenge that 5 point loss.

NSINdians....

I heard the same thing about the game. I was not there, and was shocked to a see a 13 point final score, but talked to a coach friend of mine who was at the game, and he informed me it was just a 2 point game with around 2 minutes to go when the Tech really put the game away... The word from his is that the game was one of the worst officiated he had been to in years...so I'm glad I didn't make the trip out there after all...

Both teams are great teams nonetheless, and both have a chance at really making a deep postseason run...

And...I hope Northside does get to play Bradley again this year...