TMSAA (East) Area 4 Small Schools

VicKing

I have 2 cents to put in about middle school tournements......i played middle school ball.(well then we were just called elementry), and all we had was the county tournement but my 7th grade year our coach wanted to go to a state tournement we had an awesome team that year and a great tradtion. He had us going everywhere to play teams and I mean everywhere because you had to have a good record to be invited. We had a 30-1 record and the loss we had was by 1 point to York. We went to Murfursboro in the small school tournement and we won the thing , it was so awesome and I think its great that the young kids have a chance to go on and play longer seasons and get some experince.More than anything they will make memories because 2 things will happen, they will never play in high school and therefore they will cheris their memories from middle school , as I do, because I didn't go on and play in high school. Or they will play in high school and it won't be such a shock to them the long season and tourenment that high school has.

That is just my 2 cents worth thumb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys game will be a great one. PJ and O.S. split their meetings this year with O.S. winning the first one by three and PJ winning the second one by 2.I think if PJ plays their game then they won't have much trouble because they were up 15-0 at the end of the first quarter. That all means nothing now though. It should come down to the last shot like the last two games. :P TBK :o

The boys game will be a great one. PJ and O.S. split their meetings this year with O.S. winning the first one by three and PJ winning the second one by 2.I think if PJ plays their game then they won't have much trouble because they were up 15-0 at the end of the first quarter. That all means nothing now though. It should come down to the last shot like the last two games.  :D TBK ;)

825565328[/snapback]

TBK,

A couple of the PJ fans said that they were undefeated before the Area 2 tourney. They said the OS loss was in a scrimmage?!? Was it a scheduled game that counted?

highlandermom,

Did you play for Norma or Huntsville? Those are the only two from Scott County I remeber going that far. Actually, I believe Norma had a a couple of undefeated girls teams when I was in middle (elementary) school.

Nonetheless, I agree with what you have to say. If we can let our kids play and enjoy the game, teamwork, teammates, and all of those other great learning experiences without putting too much pressure on them, middle school athletics is great.

I got to play in four tournaments in middle school and one of those was a four team tourney our school hosted. I would loved to have had played in the format our kids have today.

Boys

Mon. Jan. 31 @ 6:15

(4) Greenback vs. (5) Midway.....winner (5) Midway

Midway to take on (1) Oliver Springs

Schedule:

Tues. Feb. 1

5:00 (3) Harriman vs (6) Lenoir City

7:30 (7) Eagleton vs (2) Rockwood

Thurs. Feb. 3

5:45 Midway vs Oliver Springs

8:15: Harriman/Lenoir City winner vs Eagleton/Rockwood winner

Friday

5:45 Consolation

8:15 Championship

Second Place teams to host a "sub sectional" game with third place of Area 2 Small tournament held in Scott County.  Third place teams will travel to play second place team of Area 2 Small.

Sub-sectional game will  be played week of Feb.7-11.  Coaches/Principals of two schools will agree on date.

825546544[/snapback]

Boys

Mon. Jan. 31 @ 6:15

(4) Greenback vs. (5) Midway.....winner (5) Midway

Midway to take on (1) Oliver Springs

Schedule:

Tues. Feb. 1

5:00 (3) Harriman vs (6) Lenoir City

7:30 (7) Eagleton vs (2) Rockwood

Thurs. Feb. 3

5:45 Midway vs Oliver Springs

8:15: Harriman/Lenoir City winner vs Eagleton/Rockwood winner

Friday

5:45 Consolation

8:15 Championship

Second Place teams to host a "sub sectional" game with third place of Area 2 Small tournament held in Scott County.  Third place teams will travel to play second place team of Area 2 Small.

Sub-sectional game will  be played week of Feb.7-11.  Coaches/Principals of two schools will agree on date.

825546544[/snapback]

Because of the schools being out for sickness , the championship and consolation

was not played until Saturday , February 12.The results are as follows: Girls - 1st

Oliver Springs ,2nd Eagleton Middle,3rd Midway ; Boys - 1st Rockwood , 2nd Oliver

Springs 3rd Harriman