TMSAA (East) Area 4 Small Schools

VicKing

Looks like powers Oliver Springs (19-0) and Oneida (20-2) are going to lock horns, barring an upset, in the semi-finals. OS still hasn't finished their tournament, but indications are that they will not get beaten by anyone in their conference. Last year's semi-final must have taxed OS a little bit, as they didn't have enough in the tank to hold off a good Rogersville club. Oneida has had their calender marked all year for the rematch and they must defeat one more opponent for the chance to face the Lady Bobcats again! If OS were to finish second these two wouldn't meet until the finals, but why wait!?!?

thumb Kaz thumb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaz come on Middle School kids playing 24-25 games. I coach and I can tell you that it reaches a point where the student in student athlete gets left behind. There is a big difference between a 6.7.8th grader and a H.S. Student. Morgan and Scott counties both have tournaments. Each should only send the top 3 to the Area Tournament. You can easily find yourself having to beat a team 4 times in a season. How does that prove anything?

The kids love to play. Besides nothing else matters in the tournaments. I've noticed that they hussle and play harder in the tourneys. And 24-25 games isn't that much i mean most won't be playing in high school but it is a great experience for the ones that do. For some of the kids there wouldn't be a student in front of student-athlete w/o sports. I know of kids that if not for sports would have wound up in jail or been drop outs. The Kaz is right it is good for the players to get exposure outside of their own area because that is when it really becomes unpredictable. It gets kind of boring watching the same old teams doing the same old things. But thats all for now. TBK :P

Truth I'm all for the TMSAA format. It is just fact that the county tournaments need to be somehow integrated into the mix. I just know that it causes trouble for the students by this time in the season. I'm seeing a drop off in my players on their classwork. From an academic standpoint 24-25 games is far too many. I am all for good competition and exposure. However, the feild needs to be narrowed out sooner. Teams that have not won a game in the regular season have no place in the Area tournament(that is just an example). We should make the regular season mean something and include the county tournaments. The point that I was originally trying to make is that the fact area 4 has to wait until Thursday is unreasonable. They need to play so we can get on with the season.

Edited by bigdave25

Anybody know how to get to Maryville Eagleton? Curious to see how strong these teams are, and wonder if its worth a trip? Have the OS Lady Bobcat's been tested at all this year? If so, who? Will they run roughshod through the sectional with the ease they are supposed to in their conference tourney? :justwrestle: Kaz :o

Edited by kazam37

Anybody know how to get to Maryville Eagleton?  Curious to see how strong these teams are, and wonder if its worth a trip?  Have the OS Lady Bobcat's been tested at all this year?  If so, who?  Will they run roughshod through the sectional with the ease they are supposed to in their conference tourney? :D Kaz B)

825557112[/snapback]

Kaz,

I am pretty sure that OS will win their conference. I think they'll win the whole thing as a matter of fact. The trouble with them is controlling the Christopher girl. She is a big/athletic as a post but plays guard. I have seen the brackets for Catons and was a little suprised to see OS and Oneida in the same bracket. I can't imagine that Area 1 and Area 3's champions better than Oneida 20-2 and OS 19-0.

Edited by bigdave25

Does anybody have word on when the games will be held, I'm eager to get the sectionals and sub sectionals started. I think O.S. can and will be beat by Oneida. They are a great all-around team and have a good coach. If they keep moving the ball and getting open looks like they have been then O.S. will be caught off guard and more than likely lose. I pick Oneida to win it all. Go Lady Indians!! TBK <_<

True Oneida is a good all around team. However O.S. is a team also. They have players outside of Christopher....ie Laura Hall's little sis and a strong player in the post I think her name is Ollis or Ellis. They are just too aggressive. The only way that Oneida can beat them is not to run with them. If Oneida trys to press the O.S. bunch they'll pay for it. I have seen both teams and if I had to have one word to sum up Oneida it would be solid. They're very good everywhere. My one word for O.S. Scary. Enough Said. O.S. will win it all based on the teams I've seen this year.

Edited by bigdave25