MBA vs. The Beloved Irish at State Duals

stovepipe

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

irishdad,

Please allow me to explain, LOL = Laugh out Loud. Now, please explain the "Getcha som T" cheer - that one's new to me.

I owe you an apology for you have proven me wrong. During the MBA/FR match I was standing up at the rail enjoying the outstanding rivalry along with one of my longtime fellow FR wrestling junkies. At the conclusion of the 160 match I turned to him and asked how long it would take you to get on this board claiming that the officiating cost FR the 160 match and therefore the dual meet. He predicted Saturday night to my Sunday afternoon - you proved us both wrong. Sometimes we underestimate you.

If all of the FR/MBA matches are similar to Saturday's, then maybe it would be worth the drive over for the regular season dual match. Good luck to "T" in 2 weeks - maybe that cradle will getem som gold.

irishdad,

Please allow me to explain, LOL = Laugh out Loud.  Now, please explain the "Getcha som T" cheer - that one's new to me.

I owe you an apology for you have proven me wrong.  During the MBA/FR match I was standing up at the rail enjoying the outstanding rivalry along with one of my longtime fellow FR wrestling junkies.  At the conclusion of the 160 match I turned to him and asked how long it would take you to get on this board claiming that the officiating cost FR the 160 match and therefore the dual meet.  He predicted Saturday night to my Sunday afternoon - you proved us both wrong.  Sometimes we underestimate you.

If all of the FR/MBA matches are similar to Saturday's, then maybe it would be worth the drive over for the regular season dual match.  Good luck to "T" in 2 weeks - maybe that cradle will getem som gold.

825555152[/snapback]

Dear WV,

I have never been an official so I try not to judge them. My eyes may be a little biased on what I see, in my opinion, a great cradle and a kid flattened out is a sure pin. I have been proved wrong. If you did speak with other FR guys the seems to also share in that opinion. Bad calls effect everyone so it is really not worth mentioning. We got bigger fish to fry in 14 days.

The "getcha some" came from and old friend who before he had an"altercation" would invite others to come and get them some. Friday night in the heat of the moment I hollered out to my son " getcha some". Several Baylors fans replied back to me that he was getting some when their wreslter scored a point. No big deal T won.

Thanks you for the good luck wish I will relay it to my son. I hope Tyler has the strength of mind and body to do his best. I would also like to extend best wishes to your camp.

If you ever deside to make the drive for our regular season match give me a shout I will be a litte less enthusiastic in about 14 days, Maybe you could tolerate sharing a coke and watching the match .

Edited by irishdad

the implied insults continue to roll.  LOL---(refer to the schooling that walkenvol provided for the meaning)  ;)

825555436[/snapback]

They aren't implied the are inferred. You have been busting my ba**s for two years dont I owe you something in return?

Edited by irishdad

I was thinking maybe it was the IrishMom call to dinner - supper's ready, getcha som. Or a younger Irish call to charge when entering a drinking establishment (we'll leave that one to the imagination). Either way, you have officially trademarked the phrase for use at a wrestling tourney and whenever you hear the red crowd or others use it, just remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You may disappear from the wrestling scene after this season, but you will have left your mark.

They aren't implied the are inferred. You have been busting my ba**s for two years dont I owe you something in return?

825555565[/snapback]

irishdad, I could really care less, yes you owe it to me. But do not pretend to be a victim, you ask for it. Now, good luck to your 160 pound wrestler, I hope he does well in Chattanooga.