Knox County Middle School Tournament

splainshornet

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down to the Semi-Finals which will be Tuesday at South-Doyle MS.

Girls:

Semi-Final #1

#4 Holston vs. #1 Northwest 4:30PM

Semi-Final #2

#6 West Valley vs. #2 Farragut 7PM

Boys

Semi-Final #1

#4 Carter vs. #1 Northwest 5:45PM

Semi-Final #2

#6 South-Doyle vs. #2 Bearden 8:30PM

Quarterfinal Results

Girls

#1 Northwest 35 vs. #8 Karns 29

#5 Vine 45 vs. #4 Holston 49

#2 Farragut 49 vs. #7 Bearden 44 (OT)

#6 West Valley 42 vs. #3 Powell 26

Boys

#1 Northwest 79 vs. #9 Holston 48

#12 Cedar Bluff 34 vs. #4 Carter 47

#2 Bearden 56 vs. #7 Karns 34

#6 South-Doyle 54 vs. #3 Vine 49

Unfortunately Knox County is stuck in the past.  Knox County does its own thing and ignores the TMSAA.  I think it would be great for the teams in KC to match up against some of the best in East TN.  It would offer the kids even more incentive to work hard and play the best.  They could possibly work out some deal like Chattanooga has an Area all to themselves that plays in to the sectionals.  What an exciting tournament that would be!!

825566400[/snapback]

Jack, I totally agree. Do you know why they have decided to exclude themselves? I tell you what, I saw Northwest play Jefferson and it was close for 1 half and then Northwest pulled away. It is ashame those young men do not get to show their talent on the court against the rest of the East elite.

We need to get this done somehow, so future Knox teams get to experience the sectionals. If anyone knows how to get this done, please respond.

Actually Knox County Schools are not member schools of TMSAA by their (central office) choice. If they were to join, ($300 membership per school) they would/could be a part of the tournament. As a member of TMSAA state committee we could work with them to form an Area just for those schools so they could retain their "format" of a county tournament....and their top three move on. This is what we did for Sevier County.

Only member schools may take part in TMSAA events....We also have a nice track championship event in spring.