Dist 11AA MVP

sls

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SLS, they are both outstanding players for their respective teams, but you couldn't give that award to Anna this year after McKenzie underachieved against the district teams, could you?

I'd think that Milan's 8-0 record would be a factor.

The Lady Dogs will need to defend in their opening district tournament game, especially if it is against McKenzie's Trull and Crawley.

PD I don't know. I have seen some weird voting out of this district in the past. I remember the guy from Riverside & Mckenzie split the MVP3 years ago and Riverside did not win a district game and the only 2 Mckenzie won was vs Riverside. Don't get me wrong both were good players, but would have been just another player on Milans' team that year.

SLS,

I'd have to say Seyerle is MVP for 11AA just because she contributes so many ways and provides what is needed by her team many times, whether it be a score, a pass or a rebound. She also draws the tough defensive assignment many times.

Poston put up great numbers.

Trull gets your attention because she can create a shot and score so quickly from anywhere on the court.

She is exciting and scary if you're pulling for Milan against McKenzie.

Trull and Crawley complement each other well. That's why I'm surprised that McKenzie didn't win more.

Related topic - who is the best AA girl you have seen? I'm thinking Miss Basketball AA. The players that seem most impressive from this area appear to be:

Bianca Thomas - Chester Co.

Kaitlin Dudley - Gibson Co.

LaToya Bellamy - Westview

Ashley Hayes - Humboldt

Jessica Graves - Humboldt

In Class A, I have to give some props to Jessica Bobbitt for the defense that she can contribute. It doesn't produce numbers, but it seems to produce results for Trenton.

SLS,

I'd have to say Seyerle is MVP for 11AA just because she contributes so many ways and provides what is needed by her team many times, whether it be a score, a pass or a rebound. She also draws the tough defensive assignment many times.

Poston put up great numbers.

Trull gets your attention because she can create a shot and score so quickly from anywhere on the court.

She is exciting and scary if you're pulling for Milan against McKenzie.

Trull and Crawley complement each other well. That's why I'm surprised that McKenzie didn't win more.

Related topic - who is the best AA girl you have seen? I'm thinking Miss Basketball AA. The players that seem most impressive from this area appear to be:

Bianca Thomas - Chester Co.

Kaitlin Dudley - Gibson Co.

LaToya Bellamy - Westview

Ashley Hayes - Humboldt

Jessica Graves - Humboldt

In Class A, I have to give some props to Jessica Bobbitt for the defense that she can contribute. It doesn't produce numbers, but it seems to produce results for Trenton.

825562989[/snapback]

My vote would go to Trull. Yes, Milan won the regular season district, but this is not a team award. Individually, Trull should get it. She sees the floor, passes well, can score from 3-point land, as well as drive the ball. The Jackson Sun has her averaging nearly 22 points a game. To me, one issue is how they played in the 8 district games.

Edited by milan57

Why is this even a discussion? Trull should win! She is averaging like 25+ just against district teams. That award goes to the best player in the "district." She scored 42 against Riverside and had 30+ against Lexington. She has not scored less than double digits all season. She also can create plays with her dribbling and passing. Tell me why she is not hands down district MVP?

Points does not make someone the best player. Trull is a very good player and would be an asset to any team. Points is not everything. Milan has won 19 games so far and I doubt without Seyerle would have won 5. That is a big diffeence. She does all the little things, rebounding, deflections, steals, assists, scores, draws fouls, plays defense, leads on the floor a very young inexpeienced team, most of the time thinking for them. Most of those things you will not find in a scorebook. You do find them in an MVP.

Edited by sls

Seyerle is a great player, but Trull can do all that she does. In the game against Riverside, Trull scored 42 points, and she had 11 rebounds and 10 assists. She is not one dimensional. According to Jim Steele's web site on the Rebels, Trull averaged around 25 points in the 8 district games. Last year, Medina was the district MVP, yet Camden did not win the district.

I definitely know points are not everything. But Trull is definitely not limited to scoring only. If its not obvious from watching every game she plays, she can dribble, shoot, pass, rebound, and lead the floor with leadership. She gives everything she has every single game every single night. There are very few players, when they lose as many games as McKenzie, to continue to dominate and work hard every game. That is an MVP to me.