?Hubey HV

?Green NE

215-Frazzitta KW

Sawyer RV

Barnett WH

275-Cubbage KW

Fizer CW

Little DC

I think these are right. I hope you'll like.

825563694[/snapback]

189- 4th place was Bing NE

just curious about what happened.  did gosney upset someone?  and what about justin shanes from hv and daniel brooks and adam hebda from clk... whod they get beat by?  im anxious to learn anything i can :ph34r:

825563858[/snapback]

Gosney beat Gannon

Brooks lost to Cox and then to Carter of HV

Adam Hedba lost to Allen of RV and Isabell of MJ

Justin Shanes lost to Gibson of CV and then Ford of DC

Most of the weight classes were flat out loaded in this region (130, 135, 171...fill in the blank). Bundy at 125 and Tisdale at 140 maybe Johnson at 160 were the only ones to really dominate their weight class (I'm sure there are some others who think they have other "dominators" you are free to post). Minwell beat a very good Wash convincingly but that weight class was loaded. Shanes from Hendersonville owns a victory over the current region champ but will be at home next weekend-tough wt. class. There are also some very good Harpeth and Springfield kids that are staying home.

Clarksville won the team race comfortably but they are certainly not "in tact". Soddy and Bradley breezed out of their respective regions with all 14 and will have a definite advantage next week. They are excellent programs but would not have come out of Regions 5, 7 or 8 as easily (maybe ANY of the other regions, I'm just not very familar with the others). I don't think many will look back to this week as being inequitable. It's just part of the beast that has been created by improving the wrestling in the area as a whole instead of just building programs locally. I've seen the Cheatham, Dickson, Hendersonville, Harpeth, Springfield, Beech and others not quickly coming to mind at summer camps talking to each other (MBA, Ryan, Soddy, Memphis area coaches there too). Though I'm not a part of it there seems to be a real comraderie among this region's coaches. It has sure strengthen the region, which is not just Clarksville and to some degree Kenwood anymore. Hey, Creekwood and White House qualified a few wrestlers with a real shot to win some matches next week.

I don't think any Region 7 team will be in the team hunt next week, but I think all the Region 7 teams will be pulling for each other and there should be a lot root for.

Minwell's current record is 22-14, i'm not really sure how he manages to hold his 2nd ranked spot every week, i guess Matman must really like him!

and to reuben128's post about those guys not making it to state. its not a shame that they didn't make it to state, its their own faults. that is what happens when you lay down to your opponent and GIVE UP!!!! dont feel sorry for them, maybe next year these guys should learn to step it up a little bit

Edited by canadianbacon

Minwell's current record is 22-14, i'm not really sure how he manages to hold his 2nd ranked spot every week, i guess Matman must really like him!

and to reuben128's post about those guys not making it to state.  its not a shame that they didn't make it to state, its their own faults. that is what happens when you lay down to your opponent and GIVE UP!!!! dont feel sorry for them, maybe next year these guys should learn to step it up a little bit

825565259[/snapback]

It's obvious that you weren't there or you would not say they laid down. For many of these young men it was their last match. So do not disrespect their efforts. Unless you qualified to go to the dance this year maybe you should just read and not comment.

I don't believe Minwell has lost 14 matches this year. I believe that all his losses but maybe one have been at 189.

It's obvious that you weren't there or you would not say they laid down.  For many of these young men it was their last match.  So do not disrespect their efforts.  Unless you qualified to go to the dance this year maybe you should just read and not comment.

I don't believe Minwell has lost 14 matches this year.  I believe that all his losses but maybe one have been at 189.

825565326[/snapback]

I saw Minwell at the State duals. He really looked good but I've also seen Knox dominate everyone this year and don't see how folks can be saying that Minwell will be favored.

Who are there common opponets? Did he ever wrestle Bateman at Ryan?