Region 8 results

Nainten

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take 145 Bracket.  Andrew Barnett (1) vs Chris Randolph (4)

Wesley Freeman (3) vs David Watts (2)

Jonathan Brown (2) vs Chris Mcginn (3)

Matt Kemmler (4) vs Mel Bryant (1)

and so on.

1's and 4's meet and 2's and 3's meet first round.

825566396[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification however I'm still a little confused. I understand that the #1 seed from region takes on the #4 seed from another but in addition to this, are the wrestlers also seeded 1 through 32 within the bracket? If I were to look at a kid in the middle of a bracket, could I tell where he was seeded?

Thanks,

Thanks for the clarification however I'm still a little confused. I understand that the #1 seed from region takes on the #4 seed from another but in addition to this, are the wrestlers also seeded 1 through 32 within the bracket? If I were to look at a kid in the middle of a bracket, could I tell where he was seeded?

Thanks,

825566468[/snapback]

No you couldn't and no they aren't. The only seeded wrestlers are those that are returning place winners AND won their region. At 152 you have only one seeded wrestler, Hannah. At 130 there are no seeded wrestlers. Warren was blind drawn into the position that a region champ occupies. At 140 there are 4 seeded wrestlers occupying the 1st - 4th seeded positions. At 275 Hazlett from UC is a returning place-winner but did not win his region. He received no seed consideration.

The remaining wrestlers are blind drawn into the bracket in the following manner:

1 vs 4

3 vs 2

2 vs 3

4 vs 1

Each quarter-final bracket consists of 1 wrestler from each of the eight regions.

Edited by CoachDelgado

No you couldn't and no they aren't.  The only seeded wrestlers are those that are returning place winners AND won their region.  At 152 you have only one seeded wrestler, Hannah.  At 130 there are no seeded wrestlers.  Warren was blind drawn into the position that a region champ occupies.  At 140 there are 4 seeded wrestlers occupying the 1st - 4th seeded positions.  At 275 Hazlett from UC is a returning place-winner but did not win his region.  He received no seed consideration.

The remaining wrestlers are blind drawn into the bracket in the following manner:

1 vs 4

3 vs 2

2 vs 3

4 vs 1

Each quarter-final bracket consists of 1 wrestler from each of the eight regions.

825566472[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up coach thumb