Claiborne and Pigeon Forge

chballa

I congratulate P.F. on an outstanding season, but it is their posts not their guards that have drawn the most attention from their opponents. Our school this season had a losing record within this district , we simply could not handle the post players from P.F. One year does not put P.F. on the level of South Greene, Rutledge, or Claiborne basketball programs in our district. Only time will tell. These programs are sending players to the next level. South Greene, Rutledge, and Claiborne all have several players who have played or who still playing on the collegiate level. If these P.F. guards are so good why haven't I heard about any collegiate scholarships? See you on ESPN.

825564780[/snapback]

Lets see Pigeon Forge High School is only in its 5th year of Varsity play and it is only Graduated 2 classes so far. In the past 3 years they have been in the top 2 spots of the district and one of their guards is playing college ball and so will 3 of the 4 Seniors this year.

South Greene, Rutledge, & Claiborne are all great programs and have a long history of great players, but lets stick to the topic. The thread was " is PF guards as good as CC. and the answer is better.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bball35, I believe it was 2002-03 when PF was season Co-Champs with South Greene (not C-D). Last year, 2003-04, South Greene were the season champs and in a different thread it was posted they were undefeated that season. But 2004-05 belongs to the Lady Tigers.

I think mrv1 is just trying to ruffle some feathers. What school are you from, mrv1? This year, with the exception of Union & Cumberland Gap, I think we have the toughest schedule. We had 5 teams that were neck-to-neck in standings. And I can assure you that the Lady Tigers don't take anything for granted. They know how good the teams are in this district. Every game they've played, they've had to play hard the first half. And there were several that were close at the end.

Speaking of our post players...they have played exceptionally well this year! (I think I already said that in one of my previous posts) Whitney Dodgen has led being the highest scorer and Nora Ramsey is not far behind her. I haven't seen the stats lately, but she might even have more ppg as of now. She is also the top nominee for PrepXtra this week (be sure to vote for her!) I can't say enough about all our players this season! I am so proud of each one of them. We've only had 3 players to graduate from Pigeon Forge (1 in 2003, 2 in 2004) and one of those girls is playing at Maryville College. Brianna & Kendra have decided where they will go and will be signing soon. I'm not sure if Whitney has decided where to go, but she will be playing college ball as well. You'll be seeing many more from PF go on to the next level...just keep watching! thumb

2000-2001 -- First year of existence for PFHS played in single A ball

2001-2002 -- not sure of the record but this was the first year Pigeon Forge played in AA ball, were one of the bottom teams in district, Claiborne put them out first round of tourny Pigeon Forge dressed out and played 2 or 3 8th graders in tournament.

3rd year of existence for Pigeon Forge High School...

2002-2003 -- 12-2 in district -- Regular Season

Finish 2nd Reg Season        Lost to South Greene by 3

Lost to Claiborne by 10

Beat Claiborne by 36

Beat South Greene by 16

Beat Rutledge by 12 and 10

Tournament

Lost to South Greene by 4

Lost to West Greene by 2

2003-2004 -- 13-3 in district -- Regular Season

Co-Champs Reg Season        Lost to Chuckey by 13

Lost to South Greene by 9 and 3

Beat Claiborne by 17 and 4

Beat Rutledge by 40 and 13

Tournament

Beat CG by 26

Beat West Greene by 12

Lost to South Greene by 4

Beat Sullivan Central by 21

Put out by Besty by 21

2004-2005 -- 16-0 in district -- Regular Season

Champs Reg Season            Beat Rutledge by 18 and 26

Beat South Greene by 6 and 19

Beat Claiborne by 5 (w/o Newman and Garrison playing time was limited by mono) and by 21 and Parkey played in both games

Ok there you have it, I will have to agree with you on one thing, until this year South Greene has dominated Pigeon Forge, South Greene is an outstanding program who has been around for a very long time.

Claiborne has beaten Pigeon Forge one time in the last 3 years, a record of 1-5. Not very impressive. Claiborne has been a very successful team in the past, I agree with you, they have had some outstanding players, but comparing Pigeon Forge to Claiborne is not very accurate, if you are going to compare them, compare them the years that Pigeon Forge has even existed, you cant compare them to the days of their glory, because PF did not even exist.

Rutledge has a record of 0-6 against Pigeon Forge in the last 3 years. Enough said.

These girls work just as hard as the girls you are pulling for, they are high school students, this years team has their eye on bigger things, Pigeon Forge has never played their best in the tournaments, hopefully this year will be different. 16-0 is impressive and I'm sure they appreciate your congratulations. But saying they are no where near Rutledge and Claiborne?

825564874[/snapback]

I'm sure it was meant historically speaking and not at this moment in time. PF has had a great three-year run and is deserving of respect for their accomplishments.

I believe the point he was making is will PF stand the test of time when they go through lean years like Rutledge has the past 3 out of 5 and Claiborne in the early and mid 90s.

Claiborne has been pretty competitive the last 6 seasons while Rutledge looks like they're coming out of a down trend with this season quite possibly being a 10-game turnaround from last year.

As far as the topic...the best guard in the district for the last two years has been Kendra Newman. Parkey is a close second this year.

Overall, their record speaks for them and PF has the better team...meaning better guards, better posts and better coaching.

Hope to see all of you Feb. 21-25 at West!

I would have to say the best 5 guards in the district this year are Garrison, Newman, the Wadells (been forced to play post some because of size on team, but will play guard in college), and Parkey

825565286[/snapback]

Claiborne's guards are much improved, but nothing to write home about! They don't even compare to Pigeon Forge's Garrison or Newman, little less South Greene's Wadell twins. Sure they can hit the occasional 3, but I wouldn't get too excited about them. I've watched them play 4 times this year, and I've never been excited by their play. They're good, but let's not compare them to the Calibur teams such as PF or SG.

Edited by TheBigShow

Claiborne's guards are much improved, but nothing to write home about! They don't even compare to Pigeon Forge's Garrison or Newman, little less South Greene's Wadell twins. Sure they can hit the occasional 3, but I wouldn't get too excited about them. I've watched them play 4 times this year, and I've never been excited by their play. They're good, but let's not compare them to the Calibur teams such as PF or SG.

825565764[/snapback]

In my opinion, PF and Claibornes guards are about equal. And to get this strait Parkey is a sophomore, Simmons and Johnson are both juniors. Garrison and Newman are seniors.Therefore, if u want to compare, compare their ages too. That is one to two years more experience that PF guards have over Claibornes. When PF played Claiborne at Claiborne Garrison only had 6 and Newman only had 9. So how can u say they are much better than Claiborne???

I would have to say the best 5 guards in the district this year are Garrison, Newman, the Wadells (been forced to play post some because of size on team, but will play guard in college), and Parkey

825565286[/snapback]

The best guards in this district are:(listing below is not in order of skill, any could dominate on any given night)

1)Brooke Waddell-South Greene

2)Brittany Waddell-South Greene

3)Renae Devault-Union Co.

4)Whitney Parkey-Claiborne County

5Kendra Newman-Pigeon Forge

7)Heather Bowman-Chuckey-Doak

8)Michelle Simmons-Claiborne County

9) Brianna Garrison-Pigeon Forge

10)Casey Wolfenbarger-Rutledge who plays out of position-great shooter

*All of these girls are good players. They have represented this district well this season. Let's just hope that next years group are just as good. GO DISTRICT 2AA.

I'm sure it was meant historically speaking and not at this moment in time. PF has had a great three-year run and is deserving of respect for their accomplishments.

I believe the point he was making is will PF stand the test of time when they go through lean years like Rutledge has the past 3 out of 5 and Claiborne in the early and mid 90s.

Claiborne has been pretty competitive the last 6 seasons while Rutledge looks like they're coming out of a down trend with this season quite possibly being a 10-game turnaround from last year.

As far as the topic...the best guard in the district for the last two years has been Kendra Newman. Parkey is a close second this year.

Overall, their record speaks for them and PF has the better team...meaning better guards, better posts and better coaching.

Hope to see all of you Feb. 21-25 at West!

825565163[/snapback]

Pigeon Forge statistician keeper (Lady Tigers Mom):

When everyone can remember the dates, game scores, and the number of points that they beat you by then you will have arrived on the level of Rutledge, Claiborne, or South Greene. You have proven my point.

Quote by mrv1: "Pigeon Forge statistician keeper (Lady Tigers Mom):

When everyone can remember the dates, game scores, and the number of points that they beat you by then you will have arrived on the level of Rutledge, Claiborne, or South Greene. You have proven my point."

I'm not sure what point your trying to make. Why do you refer to me as "statistician keeper?" And why were you quoting KevB1990?