Miss Basketball

salty

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Lyons play! Trust me she is a LEGTIMATE Miss Basketball Candidate. Also What about Huff from Jeff County. Meghan is by far the best athlete. She also qualified for the state in five events in Track on a sprained ankle from AAU B-ball. Trust me she deserves to be nominated along with the others mentioned in aaa. Also Ashley Huff from Jeferson County She can play as well she' tops in all the categories in the prepxtra.

Edited by jc1

[There is no way that angela P. from william blount will get it over cait. Cait is an all around player. Heritage has about the same amount of talent as WB. But Angela doesnt touch cait, Cait is a team player and gets everyone involved. Sorry cait about the injury. But we are behind you all the way. "The Hill" will step up and lead the team to region. It will be like Cait is on the floor, because she will be supporting her teammates all the way!!!! Good Luck HHS!

I think AAA comes down to Clark from Mt.Juliet and Cait from Heritage with Clark winning by a big margin.It is not as hard to put up big numbers on a average team,but to do it on a nationally ranked and undefeated team is something special.

If Clark doesn't win, the Miss Basketball system of voting is do for an overhaul.

825570831[/snapback]

Couldn't AGREE with you more.

Alysha Clark should win Miss Basketball for Class AAA

Edited by MtJBears

ANOTHER NAME TO PUT OUT IN AAA IS ANGELA PULEO OF WILLIAM BLOUNT. AVERAGING 21 PTS ,5 REBOUNDS, 4 ASSISTS, AS A POINT GUARD. SHE PLAYS IN THE SAME DISTRICT AS CAIT MCMAHAN AND THEIR STATS ARE VERY  CLOSE  IN ALL AREAS.  ALSO, HER SUPPORTING CAST IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THOSE OF ANY OF THE GIRLS MENTIONED SO FAR. AS A SOPHOMORE SHE HAS SCORED 1150 PTS, AND BROKE THE SINGLE GAME SCORING MARK AT WILLIAM BLOUNT WITH 43  THIS YEAR. WILLIAM BLOUNT  WON 5 GAMES TWO YEARS AGO, 12 GAMES PULEOS FRESHMAN YEAR AND 20 DURING THE REGULAR SEASON THIS YEAR.  ITS ABOUT TIME THIS PLAYER GETS SOME RESPECT  IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE.

825568778[/snapback]

You can't put her in the class with these girls. If you just watch her and McMahan play against each other, although exciting, there's no comparison. There's no way she can get looked over either, being in the same district as Cait. I'm sure she has the respect of the people who have seen her play, but she isn't the elite in the state yet.

I would like to comment on the McMahan-Puleo debate that has been started and hopefully will end just as quickly. I can tell you that in no way would Angela want herself compared to Cait. They have been fast friends since 4th grade when both competed in everything from wall ball to baseball to basketball games in each other's back yards. Since Angela is a year behind Cait in school, she had the opportunity to watch her amazing success and be in awe of her tremendous ability. It's always been that way. Do they both want to win in whatever they do? You bet your life. Do they want the other young lady to be put down to bring the other one up? Not on your life. They are both tremendous young ladies who have a great future ahead of them. Let's give them the recognition that they are due and realize that Angela would prefer that her name not even be mentioned on a website talking about Miss Basketball.......she knows that she is not there yet. Good luck to Cait. We pray for you that you will come back stronger than ever...You are truly the BEST!!!!!!!

Time to stir the pot.  Its been simmering for a long time now.

AAA:  Alysha Clark, Cait McMahon, Megan Lyons, Sha Brooks

AA:  Bianca Thomas, Kaitlyn Dudley, Jana Cross, Brandi Brown

A:  Jessica Bobbitt,  Kayla Hudson, Kristal Edney,  Ensor or Roberson

II:  Sarah Baker, Alicia Easley, Melissa Liebschwager.

Winners listed first.

I'm sure you will all agree with me.  (Sarcasm On)

Lets go.

825563553[/snapback]

Well  PCGod there a girl down in Chattanoga that may have something to say about that

825577572[/snapback]

It's gonna be really hard for Mason to get a nomination since she is from Chattanooga and everyone knows that Chattanooga teams don't really get that much coverage. She is certainly one of the top 1A players in the state and with the stats that she puts up (17 ppg, 10 rbg, 3.5 spg), she is definitely deserving of at least a look. However, as sad as this may sound, the fact that she comes from Chattanooga and doesn't get quite the coverage that an Edney, Bobbitt, Weatherly, or Hudson gets, she will probably get left out.