Thoughts on Tssaa and money

Drem2Achev

Did all schools pay for weight mamagement on kids checked or kids on eligibility. At our Coachs meeting Mr. Carter told us that you paid for who you had checked. Now the school has recieved a bill for the rest of the kids on our eligibility. These are kids who signed up came out and quit.

Now Mr. Carter says he never told us that you paid for kids only checked.

Also did everyone notice that young men who competed in the region tournaments no longer get in free at the state tournament. They have to pay now. And will they ever do anything about the parking expense at UTC.

Money is king, so why should I expect Mr. Carter and the Tssaa to look at it any differently.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the State Dual Meet Tournament due to all of the flu, etc, no one from our school's administration was able to atend. The athletic director knew that I was going and asked me if I would represent the administration. She gave me a letter to Ronnie asking that I be admitted, as her representative. When I showed it to him, his commet was that she would have been admitted, but since I was not an administrator I could not. So I paid my 12.00 and saw a great tournament. Ronnie and the group in Nashville seem to forget that if it were not for the coaches and athletes they would not have their jobs. There are a few who get treated special, but the vast majority of us who have worked hard for a long time are dropped like yesterday's garbage.

During the State Dual Meet Tournament due to all of the flu, etc, no one from our school's administration was able to atend.  The athletic director knew that I was going and asked me if I would represent the administration.  She gave me a letter to Ronnie asking that I be admitted, as her representative.  When I showed it to him, his commet was that she would have been admitted, but since I was not an administrator I could not.  So I paid my 12.00 and saw a great tournament.  Ronnie and the group in Nashville seem to forget that if it were not for the coaches and athletes they would not have their jobs.  There are a few who get treated special, but the vast majority of us who have worked hard for a long time are dropped like yesterday's garbage.

825567298[/snapback]

WOW!

Pretty sad. Evidently some people have forgotten that this is about High School Athletics, and our Kids! Why should one Organization rule everything? Isn't there some other option out there, that we could take? How did Carter get so powerful? Sad, everything is about money these days.

I think what needs to be remembered is that since moving our tournament from McClellan to McKenzie Area is that it also came with a higher price tag to put on this event. I think thats why there may be a more controlled environment at the admission gates and pass gates. I'm glad that the TSSAA moved the tournament to McKenzie. I think that the atmosphere for the state is the best its ever been. I think that Ronnie Carter has a very difficult job. I think he does a good job.

I think what needs to be remembered is that since moving our tournament from McClellan to McKenzie Area is that it also came with a higher price tag to put on this event. I think thats why there may be a more controlled environment at the admission gates and pass gates. I'm glad that the TSSAA moved the tournament to McKenzie. I think that the atmosphere for the state is the best its ever been. I think that Ronnie Carter has a very difficult job. I think he does a good job.

But to not let an acting Administrator in??? With a letter from the pricipal? Carter needs to remember that this is about the Sport and our Kids, not the TSSAA's wallet. I feel quite certain that the move to McKenzie isn't so overwhelming that we have to charge a teacher $12 to watch their students. If I'm not mistaken the TSSAA gets Parking at all major TSSAA events? All of the Schools pay to belong to the TSSAA, the referee's have to pay to join the TSSAA? Oh, They also get the gate for everything too, right?Between all of the above surely they are not too shorthanded on their money! I'm not saying that Carter is awful or anything else, but perhaps his values have been misplaced?

So on the money that TSSAA clears on the region & state events - how does it go back to the athletes?

825567641[/snapback]

By making us, the parents, pay for Hydration tests for our kids!.....Wait a minute it goes into pockets, not to the athletes. Sarcasm aside, has anyone ever thought about breaking off from the TSSAA to start a new state association?

The only job tougher than Ronnie's is being a school superintendent. He has done a masterful job keeping the TSSAA from flying apart. As far as powerful is concerned, doesn't he serve at the pleasure of the executive committee? Wow, that's really powerful - answering to bunch of yahoos from the sticks. Please apologize to any yahoos that offends!

By making us, the parents, pay for Hydration tests for our kids!.....Wait a minute it goes into pockets, not to the athletes. Sarcasm aside, has anyone ever thought about breaking off from the TSSAA to start a new state association?

825567655[/snapback]

Yes, regularly on this board.

But who's pockets do you think money goes into? I am really curious. The volunteers who serve on the executive committee, the landlord for TSSAA, the attorneys who the TSSAA regularly hires (thank you BA!), the refs and officials, UTC, MTSU, Vanderbilt and the other venues we all enjoy while we watch our kids compete, insurance, secretaries, etc. There is this constant conspiracy crap about the TSSAA enriching itself. I just would like one of the down trodden conspiracy nuts on this board to put up or shut up.

Oldhasbeen, I have always paid whatever the ticket price at State Tournaments and never complained. I put time into developing an oustanding program which could compete with anyone in the state and along the way helped other schools in my area develop teams, whether it was lending them a mat, or hauling a mat to a school and giving them instructions in wrestling, or talking to principals in my area about starting teams. I respect what Ronnie does and am not a conspiracy theorist. I have worked with him on various ideas about making available comptetion to all size of high schools at the state level. My point was not the 12.00, but the fact that he did not honor my AD's request. I also feel that sometimes decisions are made that are not throughly thought out. Some of these problems could be avoided if coaches were consulted. I don't mean every coach, but representatives acting as an advisory committee.

There are three types of decisions that have to be made. The person in charge has to make some decisions. Ronnie made a decision. The next level is to have a select committee make decisions. Lastly, everyone involved should have input into the decision. Jackson, get over it! If you need a loan, I will work to see that you are accommodated. Clint

I just received a call from a guy that I respect. My apology to Dan, I guess I was a little harsh. Clint

Edited by clintabbott