TSSAA officiating

tnvolunteer

as being a ref the thing people forget is that we make judgment calls and we are human. Basketball is the worst becasue it happens in a snap and u have to be ready to make the call. the new guys will have a little bit of trouble because it does take time. We all know that some1 will be mad either way.

As for the referees calling someone out in the stands, they might want to refrain from that. i am pretty sure our supervisor doesn't want to be getting calls from AD's about such incidents. we are suppose to show sportsmanship even if no1 else shows it.

good luck to your respective teams in their tournaments.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that they should go back to the two ref system. not only cuz there aren't enough good refs but when there are 3 they seem to rely on the others to call the game and noone ends up doing it. i was from a small school and the refs have always been horrible to us. in fact in a recent game against the clarkrange girls whom we didn't stand a chance our girls jumped out to a quick lead and actually looked like they were ready to play ball. well when the refs saw that the defending state champs were gettin beat by a no name school they started calling some of the worst calls i've seen in my life. they would have won anyway but at least keep the games honest. refs will never be completely impartial and won't always make everyone happy but they should at least call the game right. i think that the tssaa should have a ref complaint department so that if a single ref gets enough viable complaints ( possible bad calls proven on video ) that they should loose their license or at least get fined or some how be held accountable for their action!!!

I agree; TSSAA officiating STINKS!!!!!!!!!!! And yeah, ya'll are real big to say, "Let's see you get out there and do the job". My blind grandmother could do a better job than you guys. I know it's hard trying to catch every little thing, but there is a BIG BUT in there. When there is a game going on, and there is alot of action going on (pushing, elbowing, etc...), you need to have the guts to take control of the game by blow you stinking whistles, before a fight starts on the floor. That's not earning your money. You need to stick to your day jobs.

I don't think region 2 is the Morristown association I'm pretty sure they are in the Knoxville association. That's the way the girls is.

825571261[/snapback]

No, Positive it's called the Smokey Mtn Officials association for Region 2 with the bulk of the crew coming from Morristown and Greenville.

Want the names??

Addresses??

Well I'd better not get into all of that. Most of the them are good guys off the court but there are only two or three in that association that are worth a crap. <_<

Edited by unbiased1