best field in chattanooga?

nokona2

pretty self explanatory??? best field in chattanooga???

obviously i'm biased and will go with hixson simply b/c i am aware of the overwhelming amount of time spent on improvements and upkeep. catsbackr could tell you more about that department, but currently i am working on the baseball website which will include pictures of improvements and the facilities...

according to ooltewahbaseball.com, ooltewah has done some improvement work in the offseason, and i hear red bank has built a locker room/clubhouse, which will put them in an elite category as hixson is the only other team in chatt. to have that amenity.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can u compare mccallie and soddy daisy? Mccallies field is great! Soddys field is like some little league fields i have played on with the fences.

825568445[/snapback]

There's not that much great about mccallie's venue. The turf, at times, is pretty good. Besides the brick costing a lot, there's not much else. In-ground dugouts don't impress me...what else is there? Besides the all grass infield that you can't run on? It's nice, it's just not tops.

And Soddy's is nice. They've made some changes over the last couple of years, and Coach Garland really keeps it up well. The grass is a lot better, and the infield is the flattest, smoothest, most level infield in the area. (And it still drains!) Also, the mound is always nice!

There's not that much great about mccallie's venue.  The turf, at times, is pretty good.  Besides the brick costing a lot, there's not much else.  In-ground dugouts don't impress me...what else is there?  Besides the all grass infield that you can't run on?  It's nice, it's just not tops.

And Soddy's is nice.  They've made some changes over the last couple of years, and Coach Garland really keeps it up well.  The grass is a lot better, and the infield is the flattest, smoothest, most level infield in the area. (And it still drains!)  Also, the mound is always nice!

825568455[/snapback]

Soddy Daisy's field is decent at best. The infield is pretty nice. I played on McCallies last year and liked it better than soddy's but not that much better. I like the all grass but if i remember right there wasn't really a pressbox?? They are both pretty nice fields but i definetly like mccallie better

I think that Grundy County's field is beautiful, and there are COUNTLESS hours spent on the upkeep behind the scenes (and by volunteers) to make it look that way. Lots of people don't realize what it takes to make a field look nice, and anyone that does that hard work should take pride in what they have done!