Clinton 71 Knox Halls 64

marcvols

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton won this game at Clinton.

825568249[/snapback]

And Congratulations to you guys, marc. That was a very good game and a quality win against a good opponent. Whitt's three at the end of the third quarter was a momentum changer in my opinion. I hope that we can get by the winner of the Central/CC game and face you guys in the semis. It would surely be another great game.

As for Halls, I know that tonight was a tough loss for you guys, but you should not let it take anything away from what has been a great regular season. You should not be hanging your heads one bit. I think that you guys are probably the scariest fifth seed in the history of basketball. Get yourselves ready for Karns and play hard.

This game was interesting to watch.  First time I have seen Halls this year.  Halls created match-up problems in their post. I thought the Halls post, not quite as dominating as Powells, was very good.  On Cameron Sharp, is he a fan of Matt Walsh of Florida or what.  The kid is cocky, but pretty good.  I would say if he gains some weight and gets stronger, gets an attitude adjusted, he could go far.  I am thinking Borum found his match of cockiness in Sharp.

On the comments about if Halls had hit their free throws, they could have won, I am sorry, but do not I think so.  It goes both ways as Clinton also missed a bunch.  This game was won by Clinton getting hot early and holding on to a lead and sustaining an excellent Halls come back.  Indeed, I thought the key to the game was Lockard's substitution of Eric Hensley into the game at just the right time to finally shut down the Halls post game.  The "big E" can't stay in a game long and avoid fouls, but when he is in there, the best post players in this district will not be able to penetrate that !

The Clinton outside shooting was not as good as it can be, but just good enough to beat Halls last night.  If they get hot like they did against OR at their last game, they cannot be beaten.

I think the coach of the year should have been Lockard for following an excellent plan of bringing his team to the level they are at by tourney time.  They will be dangerous.

825569593[/snapback]

I would like to know what exactly about Sharpe you think is so cocky. I have seen him play on many occasions and I have never seen him do or say anything "cocky." Does he play with confidence? Yes. Does he play sometimes with emotion? Yes. Does he ever show another player on the court? Not that I have seen. I love Whitt to death, but if you want to talk about a "cocky" player, he would qualify before Sharpe would.

Clinton did miss a few free throws, but even the big man banked in a free throw. Halls' guards missed critical front ends in the fourth quarter, and more late. That was the difference in my mind. Maybe marcvols could post what the free throw stats were for the game. Maybe I'm wrong about it.

I would like to know what exactly about Sharpe you think is so cocky. I have seen him play on many occasions and I have never seen him do or say anything "cocky." Does he play with confidence? Yes. Does he play sometimes with emotion? Yes. Does he ever show another player on the court? Not that I have seen. I love Whitt to death, but if you want to talk about a "cocky" player, he would qualify before Sharpe would.

Clinton did miss a few free throws, but even the big man banked in a free throw. Halls' guards missed critical front ends in the fourth quarter, and more late. That was the difference in my mind. Maybe marcvols could post what the free throw stats were for the game. Maybe I'm wrong about it.

825570051[/snapback]

Right on mocs, I haven't seen sharpe with any kind of attitude problem this year. I didn't see the game yesterday so maybe I missed it, but in what I saw in the first Halls game, Whitt wasn't afraid to let everyone know he is good. It's ok to know you're a good player, but after you hit your 3 or your jumpshot and you look down the defender with a nice "smile", that's cockiness. Just a thought!!

825570051[/snapback]

I have played with Cameron for about 4 or 5 years now and I have never seen him being cocky. Alot of players play with confidence and some go over the line sometimes but I have not seen Cameron do it that much if at all. By the way we were 7-17 from the free throw line and at least 4 of the misses were 1 and 1's.

FT stats were:

Halls 7-17 (at least 3 front ends missed in second half)

Clinton 17-29 (started 9 for 21 and made last 8 when Halls had to foul at the end)

I, too, have to wonder about the Sharp "cocky" statement. I love the way this kid plays. Does he carry himself with a "swagger?" Yes, but show me a great player that doesn't. The Clinton team has nothing but the highest regard for Cameron Sharp as a player or individual.

And yes, Whitt has that same swagger.

IMO, both have fun playing the game and mean no harm to anyone.

Edited by marcvols

Perhaps the word swagger is more appropriate than cocky.  Sorry to offend.  But you have to admit, he strikes the likes of Matt Walsh (or is it Welsh ?) of Florida who also has the swagger and draws a lot of ridicule.  But please don't get me wrong, I think the kid has great potential.  He has the talent.

825570246[/snapback]

I would like to have five just like Whitt on my team anytime.

Sharpe is not cocky, but he has every right to be if he wants. i mean last year as a freshman he was better than most. I guarded him some last year and i was thinking it was gonna be cake, but i was out of breath after the first 3 min. lol. Good player. Probably gonna be great and if he wants to be like Walsh from FL then have at it big guy.

hhsbball12- if u are who i think u are, i heard u shot the crap out of the 3 against Powell. Congrats on that. U and sharp will make a tough duo for years to come. If u are wondering who this is, lets just say i reffed a game or two u played in. (jv)

I hope the best for u man, u dont get enough credit for what u do out on the court. You may not throw up pts. like cameron but i think you have the better shot and you can handle the rock just about as well as he can.

As for wanting 5 Whitts?..................... I'd take that too mocs