Did Rhea Co. really beat Bradley Central

mtnman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the squirrel wear a sweater vest?

Huck, the next generation of nut finders.

825574414[/snapback]

Hey atn301! Glad to see you back roasting me. You parents are all the same! I can't help it if your daughter is not good enough to sit on the varsity bench. Maybe you should look in the mirror if you want to figure out why your child isn't the kind of player you want them to be! I'm not in Tennessee anymore, so I guess you'll have to take out your short comings in life on somebody esle!

Seals is a good coach and it's good to see the team progressing. It will be hard to win in the districr, even more next year with Walker Valley joining but they'll probably be competitive as long as he's there. He did not do as badly as some thought at Soddy-Daisy, it's hard to win sometimes when another sport at a school is so dominant (softball). Maybe now the next time Rhea produces an all-state player the girl won't transfer like the situation a couple of years ago.

Hey atn301! Glad to see you back roasting me. You parents are all the same! I can't help it if your daughter is not good enough to sit on the varsity bench. Maybe you should look in the mirror if you want to figure out why your child isn't the kind of player you want them to be! I'm not in Tennessee anymore, so I guess you'll have to take out your short comings in life on somebody esle!

825574621[/snapback]

First off, I'm no parent. If I was a parent, I wouldn't send my child to play any sport at Oglesby Central High School. I'm sorry that you are misinformed on who atn301 is, but when I do look in the mirror, I do NOT see sweatervests, hair gel, and the reminensce of a tanning bed tan. There are no shortcomings here...just the satisfaction of seeing Bradley Central continue to make their bed in mediocrity.

P.S. - Sorry to see that you have left the state...maybe someone will find a message board for the next generation of wretched coaching.

Edited by atn301

First of all, atn301, I haven't a clue as to who you are. I have read all of your previous posts, and it is obvious that you get around to many local sporting events. You don't seem to be a parent, but why are you enjoying the mediocrity of Bradley basketball? You used the term Oglesby Central, and I assume you are referring to the boys team? Still, I don't understand that statement. Surely you were not referring to the boys team as being mediocre? They are a very good team, founded in fundamental basketball. Now, I will admit that the Bearettes suffered probably the most embarrassing loss ever last Tuesday at Rhea County. However, Rhea is a much improved team over the last several years. Were you referring to the Bearettes as mediocre? Maybe they are at this point, but let's see what all has happened to them to force them into that situation..... Hmm, the loss of a winning coach because of a few select unahappy parents. Number one.. A coach that had to walk in with no assistants and lots of inexperience in the shadow of Harlow. That in itself can't be easy. Then having to wonder just who is looking over your shoulder trying to get you fired. I can't envy that position. Number two, the loss of all but two experienced players......The Bearettes' record doesn't really indicate what they are capable of doing. Maybe, just maybe, the loss to Rhea County will be a wake up call for them. Beginning tomorrow a new season will begin.. I certainly hope that you are disappointed in the results, since you are enjoying watching the Bearettes lose.... I look for them to avenge the embarrassment of last week, and move on. There is talent on the young team. Look for them to upset a team or two during the next couple of weeks.

First of all, atn301, I haven't a clue as to who you are. I have read all of your previous posts, and it is obvious that you get around to many local sporting events. You don't seem to be a parent, but why are you enjoying the mediocrity of Bradley basketball? You used the term Oglesby Central, and I assume you are referring to the boys team? Still, I don't understand that statement. Surely you were not referring to the boys team as being mediocre? They are a very good team, founded in fundamental basketball. Now, I will admit that the Bearettes suffered probably the most embarrassing loss ever last Tuesday at Rhea County. However, Rhea is a much improved team over the last several years. Were you referring to the Bearettes as mediocre? Maybe they are at this point, but let's see what all has happened to them to force them into that situation..... Hmm, the loss of a winning coach because of a few select unahappy parents. Number one.. A coach that had to walk in with no assistants and lots of inexperience in the shadow of Harlow. That in itself can't be easy. Then having to wonder just who is looking over your shoulder trying to get you fired. I can't envy that position.  Number two, the loss of all but two experienced players......The Bearettes' record doesn't really indicate what they are capable of doing. Maybe, just maybe, the loss to Rhea County will be a wake up call for them. Beginning tomorrow a new season will begin.. I certainly hope that you are disappointed in the results, since you are enjoying watching the Bearettes lose.... I look for them to avenge the embarrassment of last week, and move on. There is talent on the young team. Look for them to upset a team or two during the next couple of weeks.

825575256[/snapback]

Does a program with as storied an athletic history as Bradley Central accept finishing short of a state championship in any sport? A women's program that plays in a gym bearing the name of one of the winningest coaches in America should not be happy or searching for excuses, but simply accepting that they have indeed slipped into mediocrity. A men's program that has seen more college prospects walk through its doors in the last 10 years than any other school in the state of TN, should not accept being repeatedly stopped short of a state championship. I am the type of person who does not accept anything short of your absolute best performance. Rather than speak so highly about the many wonderful things that their program has done in the last few years, Bradley Central should be disappointed and looking to accomplish the only thing that should be acceptable to them...a state championship. And I hope both programs can accomplish it without transfers, but that is going to be hard.

I like the thinking of atn.... Smitty would have a tear in his eyes....from back to back national championships to 3rd best team in county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825575396[/snapback]

First of all it is Smiddy! Know the man's name before your start talking about his reactions. The 99-00 team got fourth in district and went on to play in the state-semifinals. All you parents think about is winning! What's the first thing you ask your child or a player after a game....Did you win? How about you say "Do you fell like you played to your fullest potential today?" Bradley is under a new coach with a great philosophy. He has players playing at all levels of college. Give the man time and I'm sure that things will change. Whether it be winning or parents giving him the ax. And by the way BBall5 and atn...I've got a teaching and coaching job now so obviously someone believes in me...you guys just keep roasting people from behind your keyboard. Good Luck Bearettes! You guys are 0-0! Make some noise!

Does a program with as storied an athletic history as Bradley Central accept finishing short of a state championship in any sport?  A women's program that plays in a gym bearing the name of one of the winningest coaches in America should not be happy or searching for excuses, but simply accepting that they have indeed slipped into mediocrity.  A men's program that has seen more college prospects walk through its doors in the last 10 years than any other school in the state of TN, should not accept being repeatedly stopped short of a state championship.  I am the type of person who does not accept anything short of your absolute best performance.  Rather than speak so highly about the many wonderful things that their program has done in the last few years, Bradley Central should be disappointed and looking to accomplish the only thing that should be acceptable to them...a state championship.  And I hope both programs can accomplish it without transfers, but that is going to be hard.

825575316[/snapback]

Atn, I really dont know who you think you are, but the more you post about Bradley should be dissappointed about their atheletics is making you look like a total idiot...Why in the h e l l would you even think about saying something about the boys basketball team? Yeah I will tell you this, over the past 4-5 years they are dissappointed for making the state tourny 4 out of 5 years and not winning it all...But those are the players and coaches who are dissappointed...It would be a shame if anybody in the public or anybody else to be dissappointed...If being something like 126-12 over the past 3 + years is something to be ashamed of then you got problems...Maybe its Bradley just has had a real good team when everybody else has had good teams and they just havnt been fortunate enough to win it all...They boys team alone last year beat the Alabama 6AAAAAA State Champions John Carrol High School and the 3AAA TN state champions White Station...They have had great teams, but I guess you only see the State Championship and if they dont win that, they are no good...And about the girls...It doesn't take a genious to know the girls teams havn't been to good over the past years, but I think EVERY school and team at any level goes through droughts...Last year everybody including you ATN were saying Bradley girls have no chance, BUT they shocked everbody by beating Cleveland in the Region Semi's and ended up winning the regoin and had a chance to Win at home in the Substate game to go to state...Bradley Girls ALL know that if they win tonight against Rhea in the play-in game, that the season is all brand new...Its a whole different season come tourny time and I hope to see the Bearettes do exactly what they did last year, but this time keep shocking people and get to state...The odds are that they WONT do it, but who's to say they can't???? ATN, just worry about Walker Valley or Cleveland, since you are a fan of one the other, because It's good being on the Bradley side and having everybody else hate you because they want to just taste the success Bradley has been apart of...Don't jump all over us now that we are struggling, because we will find a way to get back on top, and untill you win a state championship over there at the Valley, keep your dang mouth shut!

Atn, I really dont know who you think you are, but the more you post about Bradley should be dissappointed about their atheletics is making you look like a total idiot...Why in the h e l l would you even think about saying something about the boys basketball team?  Yeah I will tell you this, over the past 4-5 years they are dissappointed for making the state tourny 4 out of 5 years and not winning it all...But those are the players and coaches who are dissappointed...It would be a shame if anybody in the public or anybody else to be dissappointed...If being something like 126-12 over the past 3 + years is something to be ashamed of then you got problems...Maybe its Bradley just has had a real good team when everybody else has had good teams and they just havnt been fortunate enough to win it all...They boys team alone last year beat the Alabama 6AAAAAA State Champions John Carrol High School and the 3AAA TN state champions White Station...They have had great teams, but I guess you only see the State Championship and if they dont win that, they are no good...And about the girls...It doesn't take a genious to know the girls teams havn't been to good over the past years, but I think EVERY school and team at any level goes through droughts...Last year everybody including you ATN were saying Bradley girls have no chance, BUT they shocked everbody by beating Cleveland in the Region Semi's and ended up winning the regoin and had a chance to Win at home in the Substate game to go to state...Bradley Girls ALL know that if they win tonight against Rhea in the play-in game, that the season is all brand new...Its a whole different season come tourny time and I hope to see the Bearettes do exactly what they did last year, but this time keep shocking people and get to state...The odds are that they WONT do it, but who's to say they can't????  ATN, just worry about Walker Valley or Cleveland, since you are a fan of one the other, because It's good being on the Bradley side and having everybody else hate you because they want to just taste the success Bradley has been apart of...Don't jump all over us now that we are struggling, because we will find a way to get back on top, and untill you win a state championship over there at the Valley, keep your dang mouth shut!

825577082[/snapback]

Dear KnowNOTALOT,

I'm not a player or a player's parent so therefore I'm not capable of winning a state championship or being associated with a state championship. I never said Bradley Central is "no good." Beyond that, I want to point out that I will never "keep my dang mouth shut" because this is a public forum that allows me to express my opinion. Another point that I would like to express is that I am by no means a fan of either Walker Valley or Cleveland because I am not a resident of Bradley County--a situation that I thank someone for each day. First of all, regular season wins are indeed impressive, but the "whole different season come tourny (sp) time" is more important, correct? If you continually lose to White Station in the game that really matters, then you will never reach the pinnacle.

If I did anything in my post, I complimented Bradley Central's tradition and challenged them to reach the potential of that tradition again. Until Bradley Central's women's and men's programs reach the state tournament and then convert this into a state championship victory, neither the teams nor the community should be satisfied. Becoming satisfied prematurely leads to you never truly reaching your potential. And if you ask if I would rather go 126-12 and finish at the first loser's position every year, or have a much less impressive win/loss record and win the championship every year, I would choose the latter. Expressing your opinion with ridiculous anger and horrid mispelling signifies ignorance far more than my expression of an opinion, which happens to differ from yours. Beware of contentment and glorifying one's self. It can lead to destruction down the road.

P.S. - Huck- this school's choice to hire you proves your glorious cliche about the blind squirrel finding a nut. However, the question now arises as to who (the school or Huck) is the squirrel and and who(the school or Huck) is the nut.

Huck--the present generation of coaching "fruits"

Edited by atn301

atn,

I would guess I'm the squirrel due to my salary of 38,000 plus. I'd have to say though that your so called "nuts" are people that take shots at others on a message board because they are too afraid to approach them in person. I've had fun with you, but I think it's time I move on, of course I know that you won't! Your negativity towards everything is getting extremely old!