West Carroll sueaks into district championship.

chs00

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I have told people all year, West Carroll is an average ball team. Webb cannot play if someone gets physical with him. They are not strong at the guard position and they are weak off the bench. Their weak district schedule has them overrated. Huntingdon would have a chance to win Friday if 1. someone pounds on Webb, 2. plays team ball and takes smart shot selections, and 3. pressures the ball. These things probably won't happen, so West Carroll wins by 15. The region should be a good one to watch to see how good West Carroll really is.

Like I have told people all year, West Carroll is an average ball team.  Webb cannot play if someone gets physical with him.  They are not strong at the guard position and they are weak off the bench.  Their weak district schedule has them overrated.  Huntingdon would have a chance to win Friday if 1. someone pounds on Webb, 2. plays team ball and takes smart shot selections, and 3. pressures the ball.  These things probably won't happen, so West Carroll wins by 15.  The region should be a good one to watch to see how good West Carroll really is.

825569054[/snapback]

I agree. I hate to admit it, but the district is weak, which makes the fact that the #4 seed almost beat them even worse. I don't see them making it past the region semis.

Region semifinals at best. Would be very surprised if they made it any futher. gomab2, next you will be saying your boy Webb should skip college and enter the NBA draft. Good player, but not great. Hey, at 6'9 who does'nt get calls from college? Let's see him guard someone with some power.

fan2...

Did you see him against Mt. Zion's 6'11 Shawn Taggert this summer when Xavier had 8 blocked shots to go along with 24 points??? Taggert is a future pro, and a top 50 player Nationwide going to Iowa State... So before you talk, act like you've got some knowledge of the situation...

And how does my pick of West Carroll shocking everyone and going to state have ANYTHING to do with Xavier skipping college for the League??? Anything??? Have I ever said X should skip college for the pros??? Ever??? Uh...nice, intelligent post, fan2...

Uh, is it "get calls from colleges" or get scholarship offers from SEC schools, as well as signing with one of them. Which one is it??? Big difference there, smart guy...

Yall need to face reality, West Carroll is a good team. I dont know why yall have this hatred and jealousy of WC and Xavier Webb but they should make it to atleast sectionals. They have beaten Trenton, Trenton has demolished Middle College who yall think is so great, and Lake County is too young and unexperienced to go deep this year. Middleton i think will win the region championship but i really feel like both teams will be at state this year.

DANG!!! I've never seen so many people so jealous of a player!! What SEC school have your players signed with huh?????? If he was so overrated Ole Miss wouldnt have signed him. Yall keep saying he's doing this against sorry teams but he did it all summer long against some of the best the country has to offer! And take my advice....Gomab knows alot more than any of you do about Webb and all the other top basketball players in the state. He sees the best the country has in the summer and I think he would know if Webb is for real.

fan2...

Did you see him against Mt. Zion's 6'11 Shawn Taggert this summer when Xavier had 8 blocked shots to go along with 24 points??? Taggert is a future pro, and a top 50 player Nationwide going to Iowa State... So before you talk, act like you've got some knowledge of the situation...

And how does my pick of West Carroll shocking everyone and going to state have ANYTHING to do with Xavier skipping college for the League??? Anything??? Have I ever said X should skip college for the pros??? Ever??? Uh...nice, intelligent post, fan2...

Uh, is it "get calls from colleges" or get scholarship offers from SEC schools, as well as signing with one of them. Which one is it??? Big difference there, smart guy...

825570819[/snapback]

I've watched him play all four years in high school and watched him get pushed around by guys smaller than him.(example Kenneth Hillsman 6'0 from Huntingdon) So smart guy, I do have knowledge of the situation. You are the one that makes him out to be a basketball god. He's a good player. I never said he wasn't, but not the god you think he is. I've got more important things to do instead of sitting around debating this topic, so let West Carroll go and prove everyone wrong and get to State and let gomab2 get back to sitting in the bleachers and eating popcorn.

i dont think WC can beay JCS or Middlton either...and Webb has always gotten pushed around....he doesnt like to be physical...and just because he got recruited by Ole Miss and is going there just means coach Barnes thinks he could be useful in a few years....but i dont think he will make an impact untill maybe his senior year....its the SEC and he needs to get bigger and want to hit people or he will be heat and beat upon his whole carreer at Ole Miss