West Carroll sueaks into district championship.

chs00

What a surprise?! Another thread about Webb and the "overrated" West Carroll War Eagles. This kid can play ball. Everyone knows that. You can say he got pushed around his freshman year, but who didn't!? He has to be one of the most improved players in the State in any classification from his freshman to senior year. He has converted from a straight post to a big man with slashing and pure shooting capabilities. The kid has game regardless of who they play or how his team plays. He can't do it all now that he will be facing more competition in regional and sectional tournaments but he did bring his team this far and some need to give him his due.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Webb is a great player and was a great sign for Ole Miss, but tell me this. Name a team with an over 500 record they have beaten other than Trenton? They have the 102nd ranked schedule in class A. 102nd for crying out loud!!!! That is out of 105 teams in single A and they are third from the bottom. Their opponents have a winning percentage of a combined 36.19%.

Not knocking Webb cause he is a heck of player but come on. You can't argue with those numbers.

I think that Webb is a great player and was a great sign for Ole Miss, but tell me this. Name a team with an over 500 record they have beaten other than Trenton? They have the 102nd ranked schedule in class A. 102nd for crying out loud!!!! That is out of 105 teams in single A and they are third from the bottom. Their opponents have a winning percentage of a combined 36.19%.

Not knocking Webb cause he is a heck of player but come on. You can't argue with those numbers.

825571430[/snapback]

but dude they didnt lose to any of those teams. i just dont see your point when you keep bringing it up. if they would have lost to 1 of those sorry teams i could understand but they didnt. The Milan game was a fluke but they are a fairly decent AA team anyway. Yall have NOTHING to back yalls argument!! the schedule strength proves nothing if they didnt lose. they proved they can beat a good team when they beat Trenton. Maybe im wrong about this but as far as im concerned they are the team to beat in region, better record and ranked higher in the meaningless poles. Dont worry about bashin them just have your team ready and go out and beat West Carroll then you will prove who the better team is.

Not that i care really cause my Tiger neighbors down hwy 125 are probably gonna win region.

but dude they didnt lose to any of those teams. i just dont see your point when you keep bringing it up. if they would have lost to 1 of those sorry teams i could understand but they didnt. The Milan game was a fluke but they are a fairly decent AA team anyway. Yall have NOTHING to back yalls argument!! the schedule strength proves nothing if they didnt lose. they proved they can beat a good team when they beat Trenton. Maybe im wrong about this but as far as im concerned they are the team to beat in region, better record and ranked higher in the meaningless poles. Dont worry about bashin them just have your team ready and go out and beat West Carroll then you will prove who the better team is.

Not that i care really cause my Tiger neighbors down hwy 125 are probably gonna win region.

825571549[/snapback]

Sounds like you do kinda care if you are going to defend them that much but anyways.

How can you say that strength of schedule means nothing? True they didn't lose to any of those teams but they were playing cupcakes. They played one really quality team the whole year. And saying that Milan is a descent team? They won't get anywhere near going past the first round region. Take this for example. If North Carolina were to be undefeated right now, who would be #1, them or Illinois? Hands down Carolina because they are playing against quality ACC competition everynight instead of playing Big 10 teams that are down. Strength of schedule has everything to do with it.

And you are making my point for me when you talk about not losing all those games. They haven't won a single game all year that they weren't suppose to win and you know why? Because they played cupcakes all year thats why!

And how do you explain down 22 pts. to Bruceton?

Sounds like you do kinda care if you are going to defend them that much but anyways.

How can you say that strength of schedule means nothing? True they didn't lose to any of those teams but they were playing cupcakes. They played one really quality team the whole year. And saying that Milan is a descent team? They won't get anywhere near going past the first round region. Take this for example. If North Carolina were to be undefeated right now, who would be #1, them or Illinois? Hands down Carolina because they are playing against quality ACC competition everynight instead of playing Big 10 teams that are down. Strength of schedule has everything to do with it.

And you are making my point for me when you talk about not losing all those games. They haven't won a single game all year that they weren't suppose to win and you know why? Because they played cupcakes all year thats why!

And how do you explain down 22 pts. to Bruceton?

825571754[/snapback]

Maybe your right or maybe im wrong??? We'll see soon. They are capable of gettin out of region as are about 5 other teams. They have beat Greenfield twice this year as well since you say they've beat nobody worth a crap other than Trenton. Who cares how bad they were down to Bruceton as long as they still won. I dont care if Bolivar is down 40 at halftime tommorow night as long as we come back and get the win.

Since we're talking about teams overrated, all year long yall said Middle College was 1 of the top AA teams so will someone please explain to me how they get bombed by Trezevant and Halls in back to back games????

As far as Illinois and UNC goes....the Illini have played a weaker schedule, just like West Carroll, but you better believe they will be feared when tourney time comes and everyone knows they are 1 of the teams to beat, just like WC. Prove it on the court, then I will tell you that you were right about them.

Yall need to face reality, West Carroll is a good team. I dont know why yall have this hatred and jealousy of WC and Xavier Webb but they should make it to atleast sectionals. They have beaten Trenton, Trenton has demolished Middle College who yall think is so great, and Lake County is too young and unexperienced to go deep this year. Middleton i think will win the region championship but i really feel like both teams will be at state this year.

DANG!!! I've never seen so many people so jealous of a player!! What SEC school have your players signed with huh?????? If he was so overrated Ole Miss wouldnt have signed him. Yall keep saying he's doing this against sorry teams but he did it all summer long against some of the best the country has to offer! And take my advice....Gomab knows alot more than any of you do about Webb and all the other top basketball players in the state. He sees the best the country has in the summer and I think he would know if Webb is for real.

825570885[/snapback]

Who said Lake Co is too young?...True..all 5 starters Lake Co started tonight will be back next year and most the year after that..But .they have beat Middleton,beat Halls,who beat Middle College tonight by 20,by about 30 and 40 points and beat Trenton tonight by 23..Lake Co has now beaten Trenton 3 times...but yet everyone and the polls kept putting Trenton over them in the polls..Lake Co still has lost only 3 games all year to Tenn teams...They beat Dresden by 20+and by about 40 last week..Trenton has a great player in Doakes and still may come back and meet Lake Co in the regionals but Lake Co is a better team overall..Better guards and too much quickness...And if Middle wins the 3rd place game and Trenton comes in 4th..and if Greenfield were to win their district..I would like Greenfield's chances with Doakes not being able to play..So.Trenton could be on their way to staying home...

Lake county too young? Have you seen their schedule? No, they don't pad their stats by putting up 40 points a game for individuals in blowouts. I hope my team doesn't see Lake County until the championship of the regions. I've watched them play 3 times this year and they are for real. If Doaks is out for 2 games, because of his ejection, I feel it is a great possibility that Trenton will be gone in Round 1 of the regionals. I would put Lake county, Halls, Greenfield and Dresden against Peabody or West Carroll and feel comfortable. thumb

Vaughn- Aren't you in college? Can you not find anything better to do with your time than argue about high school basketball and say mean things about teenagers? Shouldn't you be studying or partying? Why do you hate WC so much? Also, that 'cupcake' schedule includes your boy Brandon Shane and Greenfield. The only reason you bash WC is because monstermann talks smack all the time. But I can guarantee you that monstermann is just some kid that is not a WC player. The coaches and kids dont' even read CoachT. Furthermore, the comeback on Bruceton took great effort from our boys. Only good teams can overcome a 22 point deficit in the fourth quarter. Please respect Webb and the WC players a little more - and get a life.

dont rag him because he's in college and keeping up with something he loves...im sure its not high school basketball...anyways your probably a parent or a older fan of WC and you are doing the same thing he is....but you are right....it does take a good team to overcome a 22 point deficit in the 4th quater and if WC did then they are a good team....but my thought is they have to play either Middleton or JCS and thats not something they want to do....their TEAM defense is too good and will stop WC (maybe not shut down Webb, but the will stop WC)

Webb will be developed into a good college player. But at this time, Put a body on him and push him around a little and you can defend him. West Carroll goes as their guards go. Webb is a class act on and off the court and no one has ever said he isn't, but that team hasn't faced the competition that the District 15 & 16 have. I hope WC makes it out of the region so they may have a chance at State, but we'll see. Bruceton exposed them badly and they don't have the talent that Middleton or the Jackson Schools have. I think Vaughan was wanting you to look outside of your West Carroll box and see the path through clear glasses. You have a D1 player that has great numbers and a mediocre supporting casts at best, in tournament times, the game plans change. Look what happened in Lake County last night. Opinions at no cost..lol :o

Vaughn- Aren't you in college?  Can you not find anything better to do with your time than argue about high school basketball and say mean things about teenagers?  Shouldn't you be studying or partying? Why do you hate WC so much?  Also, that 'cupcake' schedule includes your boy Brandon Shane and Greenfield.  The only reason you bash WC is because monstermann talks smack all the time.  But I can guarantee you that monstermann is just some kid that is not a WC player.  The coaches and kids dont' even read CoachT.  Furthermore, the comeback on Bruceton took great effort from our boys.  Only good teams can overcome a 22 point deficit in the fourth quarter.  Please respect Webb and the WC players a little more - and get a life.

825572128[/snapback]

Yes I am in college as for can I find anything better to do with my time? Let's see I am at a christian college (Union) who has rules for everything so even if I wanted to "party" (I am taking you meant that as a way most college students party @ state schools) there isn't much of a oppurtunity. I what is this study thing you are talking about?

As for "bashing West Carroll", I don't think that what I say is bashing them. I will give them credit for being a quality single A team. I am just saying that they play an extremely soft schedule. But you can't not be challenged in the regular season, and then expect to turn it on come semi's of the region when you have to play quality teams. Trust me I know about that one. And yes they did play "my boy" Brandon Shane and Greenfield. And neither time Greenfield played what they are capable of. So they are included on the cupcake part for at least those two games.

And as for the Bruceton game. Teams that are going to contend for state don't get down 22 pts to a #4 seed in the district. I could see them maybe getting beat on a last second shot or something close because it is tournament time, but 22 pts?

And what do you do? Are you a student, parent or what? You are on here as well so maybe you should get a life.