Cheatham County Information

CoachT

Cheatham County was informed today of the decision made by the TSSAA. The TSSAA always gives the school 48 hours to release the information to the media, etc. before the TSSAA itself does so. Therefore, any information released to the public between now and Friday afternoon, at the earliest, will come from the school.

It is my understanding that the principals in District 10AA will be meeting tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

When the TSSAA releases their decision all it will say is that (1) the appeal has been denied or (2) the appeal has been upheld. They will not discuss details of the case.

Now, if anyone can add facts as to what the school has been told then have at it. The events that got Cheatham County to this point have already been discussed and do not need to be revisited.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
According to tennessean.com, the Cheatham Co. girls forfeited 18 or 19 wins (my count may have been off)

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...gender=g&sid=62

there is the link. According to these stats, the lady cubs are 3-23 and 1-11 in district 10-AA, putting them in last place.

825570289[/snapback]

I'd hate to be the #2 seed in district 10AA because that 3-23 team is gonna come into Stewart County next week with a "chip on their shoulders".

According to tennessean.com, the Cheatham Co. girls forfeited 18 or 19 wins (my count may have been off)

http://db.tennessean.com/hs/site/tennessea...gender=g&sid=62

there is the link. According to these stats, the lady cubs are 3-23 and 1-11 in district 10-AA, putting them in last place.

825570289[/snapback]

Sure does mess with the district brackets, out to the finals. :ph34r:

Sure does mess with the district brackets, out to the finals. :ph34r:

825570346[/snapback]

[/quote

Ronnie Carter has said that the district as a group has the option to seed the tournament in any manner they see fit. They don't have to go by win-loss record or in this case win-forfeit record. They can seed by strength of team, if they wish.

It looks as though Sycamore and Creek Wood recieved the bad end of the deal. Sycamore will have to play Cheatham first round and most likely lose a chance to go to region, and Creek Wood is the only team that has a legal loss to Cheatham, therefore tieing them with Waverly at 4-8, but Waverly swept them and will recieve the higher seeding even though Creek Wood "really" won one more game than Waverly. If the forfeits stand these are the seedings.

1) Harpeth

4) Montgomery Central vs. 5) Waverly Central

3) Stewart County vs. 6) Creek Wood

2) Sycamore vs. 7) Cheatham County