11AAA Bracketts

Topperman

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill i have to say is 1 loss. I dont care about strength of schedule or anything other than that because Franklin suffered only 1 loss. Throughout the year they played many tough teams that put up good fights but no one(outside of Hillsboro) put up a good enough fight to beat them. They faught as a team and played well every game(not every quarter) but played well enough to win none the less. Once district record was thrown out because of a tie in records it should gone to overrall record. The game is won on the court, not with a coin flip.

When I first saw that we were the number two seed, my first thought was "must be point differential between 'em when they played" which would give the edge to the Burros. That would make much more sense to me.

ftballkicker, it'll be alright dude. They'll play it on the court again. Whether Franklin was the first seed or the second seed, the Rebs and HHS are bound to meet in the championship.

I would be shocked if FHS and the burros dont meet in the championship. Dont look for Hillwood to repeat last year's results, Franklin has much better outside shooting than last year's Hickman County team and Franklin is much much better coached than the toppers are. The same can be said for the burros.....a very well coached team that knows the meaning of playing as a team on both offense and defense. I dont see any other teams in the district upsetting these two teams, the only team with a chance is Ravenwood with their coaching and very physical (and I can't believe how they get away with some of their fouling) players.

I would be shocked if FHS and the burros dont meet in the championship.  Dont look for Hillwood to repeat last year's results,  Franklin has much better outside shooting than last year's Hickman County team and Franklin is much much better coached than the toppers are.  The same can be said for the burros.....a very well coached team that knows the meaning of playing as a team on both offense and defense.  I dont see any other teams in the district upsetting these two teams, the only team with a chance is Ravenwood with their coaching and very physical (and I can't believe how they get away with some of their fouling) players.

825572373[/snapback]

Hillwoodfan, were you there when Coach Gamble of the Hilltoppers collected his 400th WIN last week? Johnson is doing a great job at Franklin, but he would have to be in this business a LONG time to win that many. And that is 400 in 18 years as a head coach. That is 22 per year. Get a clue. It just might be more than coaching (hint: it might hit closer to home for you and some others.) Support them fully or don't show up at all. We don't want fair-weather fans. Heck, we have some that still complained when football went 12-1. Know anyone like that? I bet you do. I'll be glad to talk with you about it. Of course, you won't be able to hide behind a screen name. You know where to find me.

Chief, yes I was at the game where he got his 400th win (it was against Independance and we were lucky to win it). Yes I LOUDLY support Hillwood at every single game and will continue to do so. The 400 wins is a HUGE accomplishment, I'm not trying to take anything away from any coach. I am only calling it as I see it...my own opinion if you choose to agree or not. Lets talk about this season and not 22 previous ones. I feel Hillwood has the "talent" to play and beat any team in the district outside of Franklin and Hillsboro, for some reason they are not getting it done. One can choose to place blame wherever they want, I feel it is as much on the coaching as it is on the players. Fans of the coach, I'm sure will respectfully disagree with me, but there is no reason to take it personal. If YOU wish to discuss it with me.....I think you know where to find me, I would love to have an itelligent conversation with someone that is not as involved with the team as I am. Go Toppers......I hope you prove me wrong and upset Franklin.

Edited by hillwoodfan