New Queens of the Court in District 4AAA

rockthehouse

Can anyone stop Heritage in the district this year? They and everyone else have dethroned Sevier Co. There is a large group in the middle of the pack that have been close. Maryville, William Blount, Farragut, Bearden which one can get to the title game? Knox West, Sevier Co., South-Doyle could there be any Cinderella stories with any of these teams? Now that the season is done can any of these teams survive district, regions, sub-state oor possilbly STATE? :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Heritage will win District without Cait.

825576844[/snapback]

Heritage does have other girls on the team which are capable of pulling off a win; Katie Brooks, Kayla Wilcox, Hillary Tipton, Cassie Hearon, Carly Stache........Need I go on? Don't count them out just yet. Cait may be back, who knows. Edited by sportsmom1

Heritage does have other girls on the team which are capable of pulling off a win; Katie Brooks, Kayla Wilcox, Hillary Tipton, Cassie Hearon, Carly Stache........Need I go on?  Don't count them out just yet.  Cait may be back, who knows.

825577180[/snapback]

Yes all teams carrys around 12 players... Heritage will still be competive without Cait, but won't make it out or regionals without her. May not win district without her.

Yes all teams carrys around 12 players... Heritage will still  be competive without Cait, but won't make it out or regionals without her. May not win district without her.

825577203[/snapback]

No kidding! I know how many players are on the team. I was just saying there is other talent on the team. I know Cait is awesome, but everyone thinks if she is out then Heritage is out. That's not a definite. Give them the benefit of the doubt. thumb

I agree just bc Cait is hurt doesnt mean that Haritage cant win. She has a great supporting cast, she makes everyone around her better and teaches them the game. They have learned alot from her and will be fine until region when Cait returns to lead her team to State along with Powell.

ex. Brittany Jackson had the same injury and was back within 16 days

No question that Coach Howard has some other great talent on the Heritage squad. I'm a huge Hillary Tipton fan ... I think she's one of the better players in the district. Cassie Hearon looks better & better everytime I see her play. Plenty of more good talent I know ... BUT realistically ... you lose Cait, you're in a huge world of hurt. In varying degrees, it would be the same if Blount lost Puleo; Alcoa lost Harris; or Maryville lost Mathis. When you lose your "bell cow"--especially if she happens to be the best girl's player in the state and one of the tops in the nation--you're going to struggle.

It would make a great story if Heritage banded together and won the tournament without Cait, but realistically and truthfully, I don't see it happening. I'd come closer right now to picking either Maryville, Farragut, or William Blount to win the tournament.

I wish the Mountaineer ladies the best of luck. I wish Cait would make a miraculous recovery and be able to play. As a Lady Governor fan, I'd love to beat the Heritage girls, but the win (if we could ever do it) would mean more when they were at full strength.

If anyone can recover quicker than expected from this injury, it would certainly be Cait. If you read this, I'm praying for you to get better quick !!!