What two teams will go to Sub-state from Region 1?

SHWaxin

Shumate is a very good player. He is not all nation but he is a very good all around player. He is still a bit rusty from his stress fracture in his foot though. He was injured both times we played science Hill. He had a hurt ankle the first time but played anyway. I still feel the key to beating Science Hill is not folding under pressure in the fourth quarter. If Greeneville can play some fresh legs a little more in the game and keep the starters a little fresher they could pull it off. However they have to get by Tennessee High on their home floor to have a shot at Science Hill again and that wont be easy. Tennessee High is pretty impressive as well. As for Morristown West, I feel that when I watched them at the first of the season to the end of the season they kept improving and that is a good sign. Seeing their b-team and some of their freshman play better watch out for them the next few years.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shumate is a very good player.  He is not all nation but he is a very good all around player. He is still a bit rusty from his stress fracture in his foot though. He was injured both times we played science Hill. He had a hurt ankle the first time but played anyway. I still feel the key to beating Science Hill is not folding under pressure in the fourth quarter. If Greeneville can play some fresh legs a little more in the game and keep the starters a little fresher they could pull it off. However they have to get by Tennessee High on their home floor to have a shot at Science Hill again and that wont be easy. Tennessee High is pretty impressive as well. As for Morristown West, I feel that when I watched them at the first of the season to the end of the season they kept improving and that is a good sign. Seeing their b-team and some of their freshman play better watch out for them the next few years.

825596926[/snapback]

In addition to that, Greenville has to worry about conditioning. Science Hill plays 10-15 guys every game. Come the fourth quarter, none of the "starting five" are on the bench tired, and rarely are they in foul trouble. Having their best players rested going into the fourth is what helps Science Hill close out games. Keep in mind, this is all assuming that they both win, which is hard to do for both of them; Greenville is playing at their opponents home floor, and Science Hill is playing a team they've played three times. It is really hard to beat a team 4 times. Good luck to them though, I would certainly like to see an IMAC vs Big 7 Championship game

Edited by BroadwayBaller

In addition to that, Greenville has to worry about conditioning.  Science Hill plays 10-15 guys every game.  Come the fourth quarter, none of the "starting five" are on the bench tired, and rarely are they in foul trouble.  Having their best players rested going into the fourth is what helps Science Hill close out games.  Keep in mind, this is all assuming that they both win, which is hard to do for both of them; Greenville is playing at their opponents home floor, and Science Hill is playing a team they've played three times.  It is really hard to beat a team 4 times.  Good luck to them though, I would certainly like to see an IMAC vs Big 7 Championship game

825597072[/snapback]

There is no reason for Greeneville to worry about conditioning. They have a solid bench that has gotten stronger since Shumate went down. They play around 10 guys as well and have looked strond deep into the last few games they have played.

What do you guys think of Motown West? after a 5-22 season last year, to only losing to SH by 8 last night....They've come a long way

825596571[/snapback]

The loss by 8 wasnt anything to be proud of, during some parts of the third quarter, we had our 3rd string in playing west...i have to admit that one guy did a great job in the 4th with 17 points, but science hill knew they had one and started getting sloppy and not playing hard, west has two players who are pretty good though, the rest of the team isnt that strong, everyone is too afraid to have the ball, always passing it away right when they get it...

personally, i think that any of the teams left in region 1 have a chance of winning....its pretty much a tossup, SH made a lot of mistakes last game, turning the ball over a lot, but we also didnt play our starters for most of the 3rd, giving the JV squad a chance to play...and we had some good fast break points and forced turnovers, but we also let them come back in the 4th....but all year, we have been able to get over the hump in the close games, which makes us a quality team. i really think that the Greeneville/TN high matchup will be close throughout. Both have good teams, Greeneville would have the edge at a neutral court, but i dont think TN high is about to give up their post-season on their home court...they will come out strong i'm sure- it just comes down to if Greeneville can perform and can stop shaud and terrill. as far as SH/Crockett, i think the only way that Crockett will keep it close is if we play terrible like the last time we played them...if we come out strong, they wont be able to stop us, we have size and more depth on our bench....but after tomorrow, if we win, we will have our work cut out for us on Friday...hopefully we will be able come back to the palace for sub-state though...any way it works out, i know that there is gonna be some great games tomorrow...

GO TOPPERS

Edited by shtopper05

personally, i think that any of the teams left in region 1 have a chance of winning....its pretty much a tossup, SH made a lot of mistakes last game, turning the ball over a lot, but we also didnt play our starters for most of the 3rd, giving the JV squad a chance to play...and we had some good fast break points and forced turnovers, but we also let them come back in the 4th....but all year, we have been able to get over the hump in the close games, which makes us a quality team.  i really think that the Greeneville/TN high matchup will be close throughout.  Both have good teams, Greeneville would have the edge at a neutral court, but i dont think TN high is about to give up their post-season on their home court...they will come out strong i'm sure- it just comes down to if Greeneville can perform and can stop shaud and terrill.  as far as SH/Crockett, i think the only way that Crockett will keep it close is if we play terrible like the last time we played them...if we come out strong, they wont be able to stop us, we have size and more depth on our bench....but after tomorrow, if we win, we will have our work cut out for us on Friday...hopefully we will be able come back to the palace for sub-state though...any way it works out, i know that there is gonna be some great games tomorrow...

GO TOPPERS

825598101[/snapback]

Be ready to see a similar game as last time in the Crockett vs Science hill game. You'd better believe Crockett is going to use that Box and 1 on Wattad, it almost cost the Toppers the game last time, we'll see if they can pull through again. It is going to take quality contributions from everyone, especially if they box and 1 Wattad.

Be ready to see a similar game as last time in the Crockett vs Science hill game.  You'd better believe Crockett is going to use that Box and 1 on Wattad, it almost cost the Toppers the game last time, we'll see if they can pull through again.  It is going to take quality contributions from everyone, especially if they box and 1 Wattad.

825598391[/snapback]

we are anticipating the box-1 from them tonight....and we're not about to lose our chance of going to state at the hands of crockett, so we are gonna come out strong tonight...as far as contributions go, i am confident that we'll get quality contributions from forney, stocton, ian, and davian...if our shot is on, crockett will have to find some other way to stop us other than box and 1

There are definitely going to be some close games tonight, cant wait to see them, i dunno who will come out on top, too close to call, if all teams play their best, i think science hill and tennessee high should win, but all teams dont always play their best so we'll see

There are definitely going to be some close games tonight, cant wait to see them, i dunno who will come out on top, too close to call, if all teams play their best, i think science hill and tennessee high should win, but all teams dont always play their best so we'll see

825598792[/snapback]

yea its definately gonna be a tossup with the games tonight, but i agree with the predictions...i have to go with TN high in the matchup with Greeneville because they are playing at home and i really think that will make a difference in this matchup- you can expect THS to come out strong. It comes down to if Greeneville will be able to match their intensity. But yea, im looking forward to seeing some good basketball played tonight in both games.

how is the tallent level up there this year compared to past years? how do you think they match up against region2? I am from region 2 and they have some tough ball clubs that will be comming out. My favorite to come out of that one is Powell, and 2nd Clinton. But maryville and Oak Ridge could be the ones you all see.

I was just wondering your alls thoughts on this matter and if anyone has seen region2 teams this year and hwo they stacked up.

Science Hill did not see Shumate either time this year. In the first match up it was his last game and he gimped around the whole game and he did not dress in the second game. So to say Science Hill is the better team because they beat a Shumateless Greenville team twice is not a fair assessment. But if you want to overlook the Devils sounds good to me, I kind of like being the underdog.

how is the tallent level up there this year compared to past years? how do you think they match up against region2? I am from region 2 and they have some tough ball clubs that will be comming out. My favorite to come out of that one is Powell, and 2nd Clinton. But maryville and Oak Ridge could be the ones you all see.

I was just wondering your alls thoughts on this matter and if anyone has seen region2 teams this year and hwo they stacked up.

825599107[/snapback]

I think that the Science Hill squad can beat any of the 4 you mentioned (Maryville, Oak Ridge, Clinton, Powell), especially if they win the region and play at home for sectional. I don't know how TN high or Greenville will stack up to them, and If Science Hill has to go on the road for sectionals again, it could be tough if they are playing any of those four. The home court really tips the scales in the sectional games.

Edited by BroadwayBaller